Tradeskills 1 - 300

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gumby, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Gumby Augur

2. demi Augur

thats the guide I still always use ..
  3. The real Sandaormo Augur

4. Alkyvret Nature's Boiling Wrath Enthusiast

It depends on what you have. If you have an excess of plat, versus time, versus raw materials... biggest advice is just see what you have a high quantity of and use that first, then ask around for what fits with what you don't wanna do (IE farm versus pay) and go from there.
    I've done all tradeskills for like 50k plat and like a hundred hours but you can also do it for 3 million plat and like 15 hours ya know?
  5. Tucoh Augur

Nennius likes this.
  6. Alnitak Augur

That guide is good, and you can still follow it to a great success. Although it is outdated nova days.
    Here is my reasonings:
    Since a patch a couple expansions ago the tradeskill success rate is greatly improved for low skills.
    In practical terms, up-toa tradeskill level 200 or so skill improves every couple of combine attempts, so there is no need to complicate the tradeskill paths with recipies with many recipies with trivials less than 200 or so. 2-3 should be enoough.
    Also, newest changes in components availability opened new paths to mastering tradeskills.
    Let me use Baking for example:
    I usually do Fish Rolls (trivial 135) - as mentioned in the guide, all components merchant bought.
    It all costs pennies, so I simply fail my way through low skill levels, a few lost pp is not worth worrying about.
    (at skill 50 I go to Freeport to pick up a trophy quest)
    Then I do Patty Melt (trivial 191) - also mentioned as step 3 in the guide. Again, all storebought, all cost cheap, I do not worry about failures.
    And then I divert from the guide.
    I start making Deluxe Feshwater Fish Omelette - trivial 282.
    Why not in the guide? It uses Coarse Salt and eggs, which were farmable and salt - very expensive before. Today - all merchant bought components, under 3 pp per combine. I buy stacks of 1000 of components, make Egg Butter subcombine and just start combining all.
    And from 283 to 300 pick your favorite recipie, I often convert current and prior expansion drops as subcombines for premium food, those have high trivials.

Similar variations exist for all tradeskills. It usually takes just 4-5 recipies to master the tradeskill to 300.

So, the guide is very good, it's very effective in terms of results-per-pp spent. It's just s bit outdated.
    CrazyLarth and Fanra like this.
  7. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Hey thanks for making me waste an entire day making subcombines of egg batter and vegetables, only to find out that the coarse salt requires the latest expansion. Really great head's up there.
  8. Symbius Augur

CrazyLarth and Fanra like this.
  9. cadres Augur

Coarse salt doesn't need the latest expansion as such, you just can't access the only vendor without it. People still sell it in the baz (albeit at inflated prices), or find a chum/guildie to go and buy you a stash.
    (It's also dropped by a lot of mobs in old zones but too rarely for me to suggest you farm it when there are much easier alternatives)
  10. demi Augur

one of the reasons i prefer following the older guide mentioned above .. dont need to worry about current expansions stuff till you want to go above 300 really and prolly not even till you reach above 320's ish. im sure you can reach 350 even up thru TBL and below , however the current expansions from EoK on up give you more recipe's so you dont need to learn every single one from the older expansions ..
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Coarse salt drops in the Dragons of Norrath expansion, and is 1 of the items on the insane forage table there too.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I always preferred the tradeskill guide 5.0 as a starting point. Later versions seem too concerned with global drops, which can be super easy but also super expensive in the bazaar.

For baking, buckets of crab legs stack to 1k so are great junk food, and you can pick up plenty of claws while also building up your tribute (or selling bows for other peoples tribute to earn some money back)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. bobbin Elder

For baking do Broiled Raxil Fish.
    Fanra, Yinla, Moege and 2 others like this.
  14. Moege Augur

Or Grilled Stuffed Brell's Bounty, may just as well forage while running around picking up the ground spawns (of which there is a lot ! Brell's Rest)

Wondering what would be faster. fishing or collecting groundspawns.
  15. Aanuvane Augur

I continue to tweak this one on in the EQTC Forums as newer recipes come available.

I don't touch any of the others.
    CrazyLarth, Fanra and Tucoh like this.
  16. bobbin Elder

I've fished in Argath several times for a day each. Got a couple stacks of Raxil fish each time, stacks to 1k. They're pretty common.
    Tarvas likes this.
  17. quakedragon Augur

For Pottery, have a buyer up. Start buying the relic fragments and other UF and beyond pottery tradeskill items. Usually people don't buy one of them and so you can get many very cheap.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Fishing is easier I think. Everything else is vendor bought
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Baking:

Fish Rolls to 135
    Patty Melts to 191
    Misty Thicket Picnic to 300 and max trophy.

Set up at LFay brownie fort and grind out about 100 brownie parts. Also forage vegetables/fruit while you’re there.

Brewing:

Fetid Essence to 135
    Faydwer Shaker to 188
    Minotaur Hero Brew to 248
    Brut Champage to 300 and max trophy.

You’ll have to mass enchant a bunch of gold bars

Fletching:

Class 1 Wood Point Arrows (large nock) to 16
    Class 1 Wood Point Arrows (medium nock) to 36
    Class 1 Wood Point Arrows (small nock) to 56
    Class 3 Wood Point Arrows (large nock) to 82
    Class 1 Wood Hooked Arrows (large nock) to 102
    Class 4 Wood Point Arrows (large nock) to 122
    Class 5 Wood Point Arrows (large nock) to 162
    Class 6 Wood Point Arrows (large nock) to 202
    Shaped Darkwood Recurve Bow (Silk) to 215
    Shaped Darkwood Compound Bow (Silk) to 235
    Shaped Shadewood Recurve Bow (Silk) to 255
    Shaped Shadewood 1-Cam Bow (Silk) to 268
    Shaped Shadewood Compound Bow (Silk) to 282
    Tainted Feather / Fine Feather combines to 300 and max trophy

The 215-282 route listed is all vendor sold but can be expensive. There are cheaper routes. If anyone has a better path to 300 lately I’m curious to hear about it.

Jewelcrafting:

Jewelry combines to 282 when Velium Ruby trivials out.
    Platinum Diamond Ring to 287
    Velium Diamond Ring to 290
    Platinum Blue Diamond Tiara to 295
    Velium Blue Diamond Bracelet to 300 and max trophy

Vendor diving should find you all the diamonds and blue diamonds you need. There may be a better option than this but this is just what I’ve always done.

Pottery:

Medium Bowl to 122
    Spherical Bottle to 300 and max trophy.

CoV vendor made this path really trivial with a store bought to 300 combine.

Smithing:

Metal Bits to 18
    Dairy Spoon to 74
    Embroidering Needle to 122
    Bile Spine Needle to 132
    Racial Sewing Kit to 162
    Global Ore combines to 300 and max trophy

If anyone has a better suggestion 163+ I’d love to hear it.

Tailoring:

Woven Mandrake to 66
    Picnic Baskets to 76

From here you basically have to farm things. Personally I like foraged routes so I tend to go:

Silver Seagreen Ribbon to 122
    Golden Seagreen Ribbon to 167
    Platinum Seagreen Ribbon to 187

After that the only real options are the Global Silk/Hide combines to 300.

If anyone has superior paths 188+ I’m curious to hear them.
    Quatr, Elyssanda and demi like this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Thanks for the hard work!!
    Quatr likes this.