200% bonuses to rare spawn timers and faction gains

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Did this go away with the patch?

I got TONS of named the last few days (like all 3 spawning at once in an HA), but zero today in 4 hours.

I'm going back several expansions, and able to kill all the zone's PHs. Nada.
    Jondalar likes this.
  2. Jondalar Augur

I had a similar experience today. Plenty named last night. Zero today.
  3. Faydark New Member

It's not consistent, because the "Labor Day Weekend Bonus Experience" specifies: "You can enjoy 100% bonus experience." - going by your explanation, that would mean it was just normal experience rate... while it was actually double experience.

So I know that a bunch of people are now expecting that the upcoming "Fall Fun Returns" "150% experience gains" means the same thing, but I guess since it doesn't say "bonus" it actually means "50% bonus experience"
  4. Randomized Augur

It's worded differently

Bonus is on top of base
    150% experience is 150% of base, so 50% bonus
  5. Faydark New Member

Yep, but "gains" is also typically used to mean "above, on top of" - if they mean 50% more xp than normal, then they need to either drop the 100 notation and just have "50% bonus xp/gain" or leave it and drop the bonus/gain terms "earn 150% XP" etc. Unless they actually mean "earn 150% more XP than normal" =D
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Skuz, 50% of 80 =40.. 50% of 100 =50, and 50% of 150=75 so his math is right..
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

IF it works that way, which I do not think it does.

Doing it that way FV gains more from the bonus than any other server & the TLP gain the least rather than the method I said it uses which gives everyone the same increase.
  8. Randomized Augur

W
    What? Gains just means what you receive.

A bonus to what you already receive is how it’s worded. It’s worded just fine, and both can be kept
  9. Slasher Augur

You guys make stuff complicated its simple.

Base XP is 100%. FV has a 50% bonus. So if base XP is changed to 150% it would be 150% + the 50% bonus FV already gets. Every server would get the same base xp bonus.

but yes they need to word this better.

The bonus is 50% to every server before any bonus that server already gets.

The rare spawns shouldn't be a % it should just say 2x rare spawns.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

A 200% increase means 2x normal. A 200% BONUS means 3x normal.

Not difficult. If you don't understand the nuance of the words above maybe consider re-acclimating yourself to 4th grade math?
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

For people new to this thread, it's worth noting the wording was changed on the announcement, in case any of you are wondering if we've all gone mad.
  12. Alnitak Augur

Tsss, you'll chase them away. Just enjoy the spectacle.
    Accipiter likes this.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

In the past Daybreak has had trouble with posting exact words. I sought clarification.

Note that is still says, "faction gains", without saying anything about faction losses. This, if true that only gains are increased, would be unusual and different from past faction special events.

“Then you should say what you mean," the March Hare went on.
    "I do," Alice hastily replied; "at least-at least I mean what I say-that's the same thing, you know."
    "Not the same thing a bit!" said the Hatter. "Why, you might just as well say that 'I see what I eat' is the same thing as 'I eat what I see'!"
    "You might just as well say," added the March Hare, "that 'I like what I get' is the same thing as 'I get what I like'!"
    "You might just as well say," added the Dormouse, which seemed to be talking in its sleep, "that 'I breathe when I sleep' is the same thing as 'I sleep when I breathe'!"
    "It is the same thing with you." said the Hatter,”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
    Velisaris_MS, Mesc and Nennius like this.