Suggestion on Tradeskill Items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lil_cal, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Lil_cal New Member

I'm not entirely certain it has been suggested before or not, but is there any possible way to add some merchants with outdated xpac tradeskill items? Like, stuff from PoP, GoD, Velious, etc. Some of these items have a drop rate of 1 in a 1000 (literally), and you have to have 100's of them to learn all the recipes for Artisan's Prize. We're far enough along on live it shouldn't be game breaking, except to the people who have it all on lockdown and trying to sell one in the baz for a million plat. I'd gladly pay a couple of thousand plat from a vendor to get magma crystals, or ice burrower silk.
    Laurana, Nennius, Jhinx and 5 others like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They've considered adding them to overseer but thus far have not but some of those were just ridiculously rare (hello Lightning cores & pyrilen flames).
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

You should try some of the poisonmaking stuff.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

I'd rather not see these items added to a vendor, but rather just an increase in the drop rate. If they dropped better it wouldn't be nearly as painful. That being said, since we don't need to know all the recipes to get any skill to 350 - choose your recipes better? I got there without making all of the OoW armors and I've done make poison too.
    Tatanka likes this.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

I would much rather have the drop rate increased as well. And they did do it for the Aneuk Eye, considering there was only one mob in the entire game that dropped it, and before they increased the drop rate, it was a pitiful 1-2% chance.
    I am also aware that you don't need to do all the OoW poisons to max out poisonmaking. I primarily just save what I get while farming mats for other stuff, then use those. I just haven't finished maxing out poisonmaking yet because I have been lazy (I am at 326 now) and still haven't finished going through all of the Underfoot and after stuff yet.
  6. cadres Augur

Would enthusiastically support increasing the drop rate.
    Going and farming in old zones is arguably part of the charm of tradeskills
    Farming for 12 hours for a couple of drops to make something of zero value isn't much fun, especially when you've been doing it for various bits and pieces for weeks.

Less keen on putting it on overseer - would rather see maxing tradeskills as something that does need some effort
    Laurana and Elyssanda like this.