You only have one option

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Riou EQResource

They should just delete any buff that lasts for like an hour+ and roll that into the everyones base stats, just like they did the Item clickys into AA
    Skuz and Elyssanda like this.
  2. Randomized Augur

Careful now, they’ll see this and go the opposite direction with it and just cut all duration buffs down to half an hour >.<
    Tucoh and Skuz like this.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Usually when I was done, I would sit in the PoK just outside the GL entrance and wait until I was ready to play again. I occasionally set up a trader, but not that often.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think I'd prefer this option over players getting buffed off line.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Do all my rebuffing and gearing of pets before logging off and loggin trader in for the night.
  6. Randel Flag Elder

i do the same as tucoh broadcast /q
  7. aalith New Member

More of a broadcast /camp desktop guy than /q guy in fast camp zones personally
  8. demi Augur

I stay logged in to game either in PoK or GL or GGH .. even if there was a buff bot that we could give pp too I think i would still stay logged in .. I'm a reader and sometimes quite often general is a lot of fun to read :p
  9. Zunnoab Augur

Oh they could do way worse than that. Of the few MMORPGs I've played, EverQuest is the only one with super long lasting buffs. In all of the others buffs are all super short duration or operate similarly to auras such that they don't exist without a group member actively with you.
    Qelil likes this.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Head over to the Ak'Anon bar.
  11. Qelil Augur

I fire up the trader in offline mode until I return for more fun.
  12. Froglok Augur

1) Yes, but I do try to price competitively (equal to or less than others). Anyone who complains of being broke and doesn't set up a trader for when they are off-line, are simply missing out on an avenue to address their being broke. You can 100% get more than you would from an NPC Vendor for many things, especially TS items.

2) Something I tried once with no success, so I stopped. Stuff I need / want is of the more rarish type things, so... not much chance of getting it that way.

3 & 4) No. Buffs are easy enough to get from a group or by OOC, so why crowd up the Lobby and block the doorways and Vendors? Other than Shaman (or Beastlord equivalent) buffs, I can buff myself with similar / same buffs with clicks and Mercs.

5) (per Catspaws) We both answered, so... we both fit your comment, LOL. :)

One thing you missed... AFK in Guild Hall and / or Guild Zone to keep the zone active for other Guildies, to avoid that zone-spin-up delay.