You only have one option

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Sep 18, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

You are done for today. You have one account and you only have one option, what do you do?
    1. Setup offline trader, make money and/or help community out with bargains and/or ripoff
    2. Setup offline buyer, buy stuff you want and/or to resell and/or you want to keep items not disappearing/sell valuable items to vendor, server has lack of binding powders or something.
    3. Stand in GL, for fullstack of the best buffs the following day
    4. Stand in PoK, GH, House, or in some zone, you want to leave your presence in Norrath

Which one do you all usually do?
  2. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

Depends on when I’ll be playing next. If it’s gonna be a few days, trader to make plat. If it’s in a 24 hours or less, GL for buffs.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. Answer odd questions in forums from someone who has too much time on their hands so they make up topics
    Filter, Qelil, Smokezz and 5 others like this.
  4. Elskidor Augur

When I played only one account I almost always tried to collect important buffs for my next play session.
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

None of the above, log off and go to bed!
    Jumbur, Coagagin, Cicelee and 5 others like this.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Yeah, I play until I'm done, and don't have energy to prepare for future sessions
  7. quakedragon Augur

Good points.
    Surprised no one asked for an OFFLINE GL mode. So you can get buffs offline for the next session.
    Or would you still not do any of that?
    I think your options would be 4, except you'd camp.
  8. demi Augur

they should have a timer button so you can sit in GL for say 2 or 4 hours then it would camp you to desktop automatically ..
    Jennre and Cicelee like this.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

5. camp out go to bed.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This idea actually has some merit. Pay a fee in plat, DBC, or expansion currency - as long as you are logged off for X hours, you come back fully buffed.
    demi likes this.
  11. demi Augur

right, why cant they make that a "perk" id pay 1.99 or 2.99 a month for if everytime I logged out and came back online after few hours id have full buffs on me ..
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not really, usually I just camp out where I've been questing/killing ready to continue the next time I log in. The only char who really returns to the guild hall is the wizzy and she only raids and that's where we gather for raids. And the only time they are in PoK is for tradeskills or being moved there as the safe spot when an instance closes. With the ports to guild hall, I very rarely use the guild lobby.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

If I'm in a safe spot, I tend to camp out where I am since I may want to continue what I was doing without running back.
    When I log in next I can always easily return to hall/lobby/pok at that time if I decide I'm not going to continue.
  14. Lisard Silly

usually afk in guild hall, or if its post raids on a sunday i just stand where ever the last chest we opened was until the DZ kicks me out to the static, its always a gamble when i return to the keyboard if i survived or not depending on which event we last did.
  15. Tucoh Augur

*use inner space boxer to broadcast to all characters*
    /q *enter*

[IMG]

Would love to see a buff bot in the GGH so people have an option to get buffs without clogging up PoK / burning carbon to get buffs overnight
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Aneia Master

Make a social macro?
    /timer 72000
    /pause 72000
    /camp desktop
  17. Gialana Augur

/pause has a max in the hundreds :(. I just can't remember if it's in the 400s, 500s, 600s, or 700s.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Or that perk just made all your buffs infinite duration and last through death :p
    demi and Tucoh like this.
  19. quakedragon Augur

I think this would ruin the social aspect of the game. It may create some division too between people who have it and who don't.

If they made it so OFFLINE buffer, goto someone thats OFFLINE say something and it triggers them to buff you. That would be fair to all. It might give that person more attention too because people look for that specific person when they need a buff.

But if they had an OFFLINE buffer,
    do you buff, trader, or buyer?

or could just do none of them and log.
    With buyer, usually people setup them on a specific toon, so you can camp, continue on still. Just /camp and goto the trader toon and /trader OFFLINE.
    You still have your progress with your main, and your selling/buying stuff now. Maybe your progression requires you to have osmium chestplate template, they sell for 50000 in bazaar but if you had a buyer maybe you could get a bargain deal.

There is still a lot of people who afk in guild lobby for buffs, its a tradeoff to having the buyer or trader up. So this is interesting to get peoples feedback.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think buffing as a "social aspect" wouldn't be ruined, grouping and raiding are stil social though.

I couldn't be happier if they just made a "buff npc" you could give a few plats and get all your buffs in one hit, would save a ton of wasted electricity for all those logged in players sat afk in the guild hall - green solutions and all that jazz.

While they are at it give us offline foraging & fishing :p