Make all the perks free or cancel them

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Paladorfthemighty, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It's interesting that anyone thinks the developers have any real input into these decisions.
  2. Hegsheoshed Augur

It would have been a lot easier to offer it as part of the subscription. Offer separate rates for the sub with and without.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, the thing is the numbers are out there.
    EverQuest is the most profitable game Daybreak has.
    And that's before the perks.

The money will most definitely be used to improve OTHER games not EQ and there's the rub.
    It's the same old cynical game of "milk the EQ cash cows harder" while giving them close to the absolute bare-minimum in return to keep them in the paddock.
    This is the same methodology that Daybreak have utilized since EQ launched pretty much, it got a little better for a while, then it went right back to asking if they can put their hands in our pockets, purses and wallets & take a little more, but not for the game we actually play.

[IMG]

You only have to look at how much better the other games are treated to start getting mad.

Are the players of all the other games being asked if Daybreak can take more from them?

Are DCUO & LoTRO being asked to support the cost of their graphical overhauls?

There's your answer.

[IMG]
  4. Hekaton Augur

I mean if you’re a monthly paying subscriber like I am you’re paying $14.99. I could switch to the yearly at $9.99 a month and get the perks and not pay more than the monthly still. That being said it’s kinda lame that DB toes the line of caring about the player base but likes to put out that yearly test of how much their consumer can handle before tapping out

Barebones expansion for content is at a good price but if you want anything extra in this game it starts getting into the hundreds of dollars real fast. Premium and collectors expansions. Kronos. Heritage crates with crap odds. With all the money they’re getting off of us why are we not getting more content?
    Fenthen, demi, Marton and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Quadruple the perk value, get more perk $$$, spend perk $$$ on more content.

Make luck a huge plat sink and a major part of character power, get more more luck $$$, spend $$$ on more content.

Make Overseer a mobile app, make it stupid p2w, get more overseer $$$, spend $$$ on more content.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Are you a FTP player? The perks are fine! dont want them dont get them.

Andarriel
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I feel like all access should be all or nothing. If you need to raise the price of all access, it's better than adding a 2nd tier to all access.
    Leerah and Fenthen like this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

You cannot equate opinions on the forums to what the entire community things. It is a small minority of people that come to the forums, and they tend to be vocal. It is far more likely that people generally do not care than they are against it.

They also have multiple other feedback options besides the forums, which tends to be a negative cesspool of responses to anything they do.
    Puffel, Stymie and Nennius like this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

We keep paying, they'll keep siphoning. Vicious cycle. :oops:
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. ptah Augur

Good Bad or indifferent?

One thing is for sure, everyone doesnt feel the same about a topic or ideal choice, which honestly they have nearly zero imput on. Sure you jump up and down my dollar my dollar, I dont like I will quit, and sure you have that choice. Doesnt change much if any.

Look, my 2 cents, the additional model of payment is ideal to the player base. Freedom of choice, hey I like it, I will get it xN number for my account, boo birds I hate it, never will use it. Everyone gets a choice. While also recovery into the lifetime subs market, maybe just maybe get N% money from that.

Personally, Perks dont grip me as much sigfig factor in winning. Year to Year gear capped, AA capped, content capped. Vender bags, 2 slots? Ha Ha Ha, maybe a jump to 20, 30 or 40 mega sacks? We start talking power gains.

What I would like to see, is CEO statement where money is going? What 3 to 5 year plan for EQ1? Hell half of us will trust a statement but would nice hear one, imho.

More or less, creation is attempt generate profit. Easy path to gain is milk the people that shown long term support, maybe we dont like it, but again its your choice. I amazed a crowd funding EQ1 to 64 bit, new engine, direct funding attempt has not an idea?

Anyways, you do you, ralph does ralph, and be happy we can still play the game we choose to play.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

o_O And you have another idea for funding this game?
    minimind likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There's a fine line between borderline conspiracy theories ("nefarious profit motive") and concern.

We have to recognize that Daybreak is a business that pays a living wage for many employees (in the United States) but we can also criticize with concerns about a "slippery slope."

Interestingly, Daybreak has received good praise from former employees for the work environment and pay/benefits on Massively.
    minimind and Nennius like this.
  13. The real Sandaormo Augur

They should have just said: Ok, here is how it is, Monthly rate is now $19.99. Period. Oh by the way we are adding 2 inventory slots and some other perks.

I doubt the up roar would have been so big, its not the money per month but the misguided notion that this is somehow pay to win that people don't like.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. demi Augur

but if they did that . what would they do with all those krono's ? they cant just magically make them worth 19.99 .. sure they can increase the cost for any future ones that are sold but the thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) that have been sold in past and are being horded or constantly traded still only have a value of 17.99 .. DBG would loose alot of money , IF they have not gotten paid for those until they consume them ..
  15. The real Sandaormo Augur

They messed up on the Krono deal by not giving them a time limit in the first place. Their bad.
    Most Krono now days is not worth actual money to them. Money people spent on them has long been sent over to EQ 2 to help them out I assume.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. demi Augur

well from what ive read in some of these threads is that krono are not revenue to DBG till they are consumed ? meaning i take from this is that even when someone buys a krono from DBG that money is not considered revenue in their books till its consumed in game ? i dont know if that is right but thats the general consensus ..
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

That claim is (I typed "b u l l s h i t" here, but DBG is trying to make it seem like I said something else by removing the word entirely, instead of replacing it with placeholder symbols like any responsible and respectful entity would do) until somebody from DBG confirms it. Laws vary from state to state, and the IRS does allow for some deferment in some special situations, but not indefinitely (I think it's limited to 1 year). But more importantly, that money is immediately available to DBG as cash regardless of how they record it in their books. They spend the cash long before they ever need to fulfill their liability (30 days subscription), and in fact they don't even have to fulfill that liability ever.

Kronos should be assumed to be treated exactly the same as any other virtual item sold in their stores. Their EULA and product details clearly state that no refunds are provided for Kronos OR for subscriptions, and that the can change everything whenever they want to (pricing, services delivered, etc.). That means they have no real liability. When they close their doors, all the money will have been spent long previously and any remaining unused Kronos will disappear into nothingness - just like all the other virtual in-game items we've all bought.
    Stymie likes this.
  18. Qelil Augur

Oh, my God! Thanks a lot. Now I am going to wake screaming from the nightmares tonight.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's reality!
    NameAlreadyInUse and Flatchy like this.
  19. demi Augur

I wish they would make a stand alone edition of EQ even if only had a few original zones and a way to import all our toons with gears and items and such .. would be nice to just log into the offline game and reminisce while being able to view the world and click my illusions or mounts/familiars or nimbus's and run around killing a few orc pawns :p

P.S. I would pay HUGE money for that ability ..
    Qelil, Tarvas and Elyssanda like this.
  20. Allworth Elder

Last week, I started a thread with a number of proposals for new perks to supplement the proposed ones. A cabal of forum warriors ganged up on me and attacked me relentlessly. They took all their anger at Daybreak Games's perks idea out on me.

When I tired to defend myself against personal attacks and uncalled for hostility, the mods deleted my last post without even notifying me of what I had done wrong. I'm not sure if other posters had their posts deleted as well. This is not the way a paying customer should be treated. (I'm saving a copy of this post in case it gets deleted.)

Truth Bomb: No good deed goes unpunished around here. Anyone that tries to post ideas to make EverQuest better will face the wrath of a few confrontational and argumentative posters. This is called the "Tall Poppy Syndrome." Eventually you get tired of banging your head against the wall and you leave in frustration. That's exactly what they want.

I would advise Daybreak to ignore these forums because they do not accurately represent the wishes and opinions of their paying customers. Sadly, these forums are rife with forum warriors, forum questers, white knights and other trolls who take it upon themselves to cut anyone down to size that doesn't agree with the status quo "consensus" on these forums.

I love the idea of perks and I think it would be a good way to help players who like to solo and some of us who can afford to pay a bit extra to keep EverQuest financial viable. They are not game breaking. The sky is not falling.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.