DEVS Epic bottleneck: Lord Begurgle

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pirouette, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Pirouette Augur

Not going to turn this into a bashing thread because I'd like to give some legitimate feedback to the devs, but a single player on Mischief has been monopolizing the Lord Begurgle camp to sell his crowns for about 2 months. Everyone knows about it so I don't need to go into detail there. Yes, I've tried contacting GMs, for weeks.

With the entire server crippled on being able to progress cleric epics, is there any way a developer can implement a solution? Increase HP so that having friends to help makes it actually viable to DPS race? (vs trying to win against an automated program). Make the crown drop off of random goblins in Lake Rathetear? Make the crown untradable? Reduce the number of players required to create and maintain a pick in Lake Rathetear? There's lots of solutions here, but none of them are happening.

Gimblox is a PITA, but with 2 of those solutions implemented (ring is untradable, picks spawn at low threshholds) it's managable.
    Dre., Stymie, Xanathol and 4 others like this.
  2. Painful New Member

But competing vs that sentient octopus with AI level reaction speed is so much fun! Surely no illegal program helping him harmtouch on 3-4 toons while the other has clicked a KS wand 3 times, just clearly a very skilled player.
    Xanathol, Pirouette and Soliloquy like this.
  3. Soliloquy New Member

Updooted for visibility. Please do something about this bottleneck.
  4. KelethinDreams New Member

I had no problems getting my crown at 8am eastern, you just can't log in prime time and expect to get camps easily. Epic quest needs to be challenging for it to have meaning, we can't just have everything handed to us.
  5. Soliloquy New Member

Ah yes the "I'm okay so there's obviously not a problem" argument.
    Dre. likes this.
  6. Dono27 Journeyman

Every time someone thinks that anything should change to be any more accessible, someone inevitably makes the extreme "handouts argument." Incredulous
    Dre. likes this.
  7. sadre Augur

What chaps my you-know-what is that every time someone drags it out, someone posts about it being an old argument, and then I fall into the place I'm not supposed to go.
    S L E N D E R M A N
    Dono27 likes this.
  8. Chucklefun New Member

Yep, this super sucks. Sure, epic quests are meant to be challenging - but I don't think they were designed for (alleged) squid people 'super true boxing guys I promise' 4 SKs camping something nearly 24/7. Oh, and for the item required to be droppable. Which, I understand is part of the conceit of the server - but can't really use the 'oh my god its supposed to be hard guys' argument.

If *only* there was a modicum of in-game customer service, the problem could be a little bit alleviated - but hey, can't win 'em all.

Consider doing about this please. The 'gotta go fast be first' phase has ended, and now it's just turned into 'if you want to do this *literally at all*, you have to pay the blood money'.
    Dre. and Pirouette like this.
  9. Pirouette Augur

We are about to go into Luclin expansion...well past the phase of "take off work and camp it at 8AM EST every day for a week straight"

Another idea is just have it drop off raid targets if you want "difficulty". Literally any solution that filters the crowns through the hands of MORE THAN ONE PERSON over the course of several months is fine.
  10. KelethinDreams New Member

the dev time could be better used in a lot of other areas. This is like the last thing they should be working on. "epic quests need to be easier pls change game to trivialize them"
  11. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Nothing defines epic more than the challenge of sitting underwater in a deserted zone waiting for a level 30 mob to spawn. The sense of achievement is immense, godlike power almost.
    A moment of pure history you can tell everyone about, even people who don't play Everquest will respect you in life and death for eternity.
    Dre., Catalina, Stymie and 3 others like this.
  12. Meridian Augur

Especially when you have to deal with a-holes that want to kill it so they can sell you the drop.
    Dre. likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

Every time the devs give the players handouts, the players ask for more handouts. Hmmmmm...............
  14. Lejaun Augur

Hopefully they take a look at this and fix it. There have been a number of posts in the past that have offered solutions to epic issues, and some have been acted upon, but still work to go. Having to spam hot key macros for a low level mob is not epic.
    Stymie likes this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

This game desperately needs private instances. For every zone.
  16. Xeris Augur

I'm always fascinated by the clever ways people find to monopolize content and screw over other players. When one bottleneck is closed off, another is found! Seriously though, that does suck
  17. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Would you be willing to log on at 8am eastern and get some crowns for us?

Seems like a really lucrative way to make a few bucks in game for you as well (though no need to gouge sir), since it is so easy.

Please return here and post all the SS of your happy customers getting the crowns you provide while you're at it.

Thanks in advance :), sometimes the best solutions are right in front of your nose.