Fixed Vulak/thylex not appearing in AoC instance on FV

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by VetMonkEq, Sep 16, 2021.

1. VetMonkEq New Member

I just requested a ToV instance through the AoC on FV a couple of hours ago. Cleared every single raid boss, but Vulak/thylex never spawned. I don't know if you have to recite some special incantation to make him spawn, but this seems bugged. I have lockouts for all the bosses except vulak.

Yes, I have all-access.
    Also, I am 100% sure I am in the instance right now (and not the regular zone).
    If a GM/dev wants to come verify/inspect/debug, just PM me.

EDIT - UPDATE
    The DZ expired, so I requested a new one (the replay timer ended). I entered the new instance, all dragons down as expected, still no thylex.
    SunDrake, acidic, ViciousEQ and 16 others like this.
  2. Morigaine Elder

Adding to this. Saw the same thing on Povar, so not specific to FV.
    Tanamil likes this.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

How long did you keep the instance going?

The event has changed a few times over the years, but currently on Live ...

Thylex is just a notification that the Vulak trigger is ready to go. Once the Vulak trigger is ready, you then must kill all the big dragons in the area around Vulak, and at least one Lord or Lady has to be up (and killed). Once the last big dragon that is up is dead, Vulak will spawn.

I suspect that you may need to create the instance, zone in ... and wait for Thylex without doing anything. It's hard to believe that this doesn't work on TLPs (or we would have heard the screaming).
  4. VetMonkEq New Member

I've been in the instance for hours. Still no thylex. But I think you are onto something....I zoned in and slaughtered all the dragons within 15 minutes. Doing it that fast may have broken the trigger?

5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I just tried to get an instance on an All Access account with 2 FTPs (and mercs) and managed to get a 6h replay lockout (which I didn't think existed for these) and the All Access toon showed up as No for flagged so I couldn't get in to test.

But in open world, Thylex is on it's own spawn timer and will spawn regardless of what's up (so if you have over aggressive folks in open world, you may have to wait a few days for dragon respawns). Since it's an instance, I'm not sure what happens exactly because it's only 6 hours...

...but yes, you will want to leave at least some dragons up before Thylex spawns or the Vulak trigger will not work.
  6. Tharvog Elder

Thylex is normally up when you pull the DZ from AoC. Killing all the lords and ladys causes Vulak to spawn if Thylex was left up and not killed. We have been clearing NToV on Thornblade before patch and this was the case still. Yours is 100% bugged. Have not pulled the DZ this week yet to add to this.
  7. Tharvog Elder

did you accidentally kill Thylex? Hes grey con near vulak, pretty easy to murder.
  8. VetMonkEq New Member

I am about ~95% sure I did not kill him. He is the literally the first NPC I made a rush for because I knew he somehow spawns vulak.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Thylex is unattackable, this is a bug
    Tanamil, Xanadas and Dre. like this.
  10. Chunkerz New Member

Our guild on mischief did half of ToV Tuesday and came back today, cleared the final lords and ladies and same thing, no Thylex or Vulak.
    Tanamil likes this.
  11. Beldrune Apprentice

Same on test. A shame they look like humans now too. Kedge AoC we’re much cooler
    Tanamil likes this.
  12. Rayar New Member

Two splits on Mischief tonight, both had no Thylex. After clearing all lords and ladies, Vulak/Thylex did not spawn.
    Tanamil likes this.
  13. Dre. Altoholic

I seem to recall wood elf bards? in blue armor on Selo
  14. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

You all need to be liking the main post so this shows up higher on their priority list.
    Tanamil likes this.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We will look at this, but I do not have an answer at this time.
  16. Slayerwolf Elder

Thank you. We are all very concerned.
  17. Jumvapace The Most hated

To add to this, the AoC inside the instance changes positions every time I've gotten a new Instance..

Last night I spent 1 hour trying to get in the instance cause of the 'flagging' bug. Got in, went to WToV first and zoned out (dumb mistake). Spent another hour camping in/out because of the flagging bug again to get into same instance with the same toon that was 'flagged' once, but unflagged after I left the zone. Instance was up for 2.5hrs after I cleared all the Lords/Ladies minus Lady Nev, no Thylex was up, cleared Lady Nev thinking maybe AoC version just insta spawns vulak. As I ran by, the AoC was just randomly standing near the hallway to Lady Nev up north.

Came back today after the replay timer was up. Spent another 1.5hours dealing with the 'flagging' bug. No Thylex, but now the AoC is up near the Kunark Triplets.... And as expected, no lords/ladies/dragons that I've killed/have lockouts for.
  18. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

In many zones the agent inside the DZ is randomly placed. This is not new behavior.
  19. ViciousEQ Elder

Just popped a continuation DZ where we only had Dozekar and Drakes lockout. 3 tries, noe of the three AoC instances had a thylex up.

RIP your game for Dz guild heh. I don't know why they aren't screaming more...and I don't know how you guys went home for the weekend leaving this broken.
    Duder likes this.
  20. taliefer Augur

In addition to the 3 in progress DZs we spawned yesterday, we also tried popping a fresh instance with no lockouts. Thylex did not spawn there either.

having no way to kill vulak in the AOC DZ is rather unfortunate, to say the least.