Suggestion to help increase

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Elemental Augur

Hello, on the Zek pvp server, can we get the Loyalty merchant to accept PVP points? Seems like a great way to increase the value of the pvp points while not spending many resources in developing new additional content for us. Cheap and easy and this could change the whole server. As is, the pvp merchant is outdated with items more relevant to a lvl 50.
    What are your opinions of this?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Stymie and Celephane like this.
  3. Frozen-Fire New Member

Terrible idea unless they are going to reset the point system and rebalance pvp for all classes. I should not be able to kill any well geared toon in under 5 seconds, much less the entire group. I think they should reset pvp damage to 10% of the current damage output.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  4. Sasser-See Street Performer and Shoe Dodger

Would need to give some of those classes with low pvp offensive abilities some type of increased defensive/offensive boost like a self only dmg shield or ward or pvp aura proc so if you hit them you can lose 25% of your health on every hit. It would make pvp more strategic and interesting, a group would have to kill another group, instead of the current killing of a full group by a single toon in under 5 seconds.
  5. MiinnZEK New Member

Try not to go down a rabbit hole with your useless banter about pvp balances and inbalances, that ship sailed about 15 years ago and isn't coming back to the docks so lets try to work with the reality of situation. This topic has nothing to do with any balancing of pvp, it is a simple addition to the PVP merchant. All that has to be done is to add the Loyalty items to the pvp merchant so that way the only relevant item on the pvp merchant isn't a 8% dodge aug. Thank you again, and remember guys lets not go down a rabbit hole with regards to pvp.
  6. quakedragon Augur

Triple XP (quests and regular)
    Can buy from other servers bazaar
    Names have better chance to spawn
    Tradeskill drops happen more often
    Anyone can use Journeyman 4 mercs
    Anyone can setup trader/buyers
    Anyone can use rk2 rk3 spells
    F2P AA cap 10000 (lvl 95ish with max AA to compare)

So basically friendly for newplayers and they playing for free. Just can't wear prestige. No need to wear prestige since the goal is to get to end game fast and then if they want to play end game they probably should subscribe by now.

Economy is terrible, so just let free2play to be able to buy/trade.
    Again economy is terrible so need more drops of tradeskill stuff and more names.

You can always take away/nerf when it gets to very good healthy state.

Triple XP because people may fear trying to get to end game on Zek with chances of someone (that is tweaked to that level) targeting them. Faster they get to end game the more content they become. Faster they catchup at end game AA wise the better they feel about going toe to toe vs 20 year Zek veterans max AA every tweak item you can think of in there pockets.

Make it seem super nice to have stuff and less restrictions on F2P on Zek, people will come.
    A team mode would be nice, probably for a TLP if they ever do a Zek TLP.

Your loyalty merchant to accept PvP points, I think its temporary thing. I could see people coming just to buy something then use it on there main on another server. They'd probably take turns killing each other and farm it within there own guild and go back to there server too. Seems to just benefit the people who are already on Zek or end gamers. If someone is raiding end game, they probably don't have time for Zek anyways.
    Zek needs something that would attract returning/newplayers. Returning/newplayers aren't concerned with Loyalty Vendors.

If Firona Vie server aint drooling over Zek benefits, the benefits aint good enough.
  7. Elemental Augur

Corrected a spelling error when a player is too low level to give PVP points.---
    I do appreciate the love in the patch notes for PvP. As I said earlier, this is a simple fix that could have a monumental impact on this server. Just adding in a few items to the current PvP merchant. In all reality the gear on this merchant is dated back to the days of Vex Thall Era. We are well past that, and We aren't asking for some giant overhaul of the pvp system in general or some overhaul of how damage is calculated, just a simple addition to a merchant that is unique to Zek.

Please take a look into this, its a simple, easy fix that wouldn't cost anything to implement.
  8. Q2moveit New Member

That is a huge benefit for playing on Zek that could be easily abused. The point of a loyalty merchant is a reward for your loyalty to the game.
    Waring_McMarrin and Duder like this.
  9. Stymie Pendragon

Yeah, doesn't look like that's going to happen. Nice try though :)
  10. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I would say Id have no objections if it excluded tradable items and currency bags, but at that point, I dont know what you would buy anyway.
  11. FranktheBank Augur

My suggestion is to make your forum titles better.
    Duder likes this.
  12. Q2moveit New Member

I think they want to use pvp points to buy glyphs.
  13. Frozen-Fire New Member

I play on Zek and I've played this game for years so I don't think my concerns are useless banter. You're asking for a huge server benefit that would exclude me and trivialize the loyalty points I've earned by paying for my account. So, yes, I think this is a terrible idea.
    Duder and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  14. Zeus Journeyman

Glass half empty type of player instead of glass half full. If you look at the downside to anything in life, you never find any joy in anything you do.
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

there are already PvP merchants. You should be just really asking for more goodies on those. no need to hook PvP to loyalty system, which is a reward system for another behavior.

Also

/rude @ incomplete clickbait titles.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/could-we-delete.277549/

Also

It's not like ANYONE chainkills their sock puppet alts daily to gain points and infamy.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think this is a good point especially considering that there are items you can purchase that impact your entire account such as the ability to add up to 3 additional character slots.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Elyssanda Bardbrain

if they make ZEK where you cannot leave the server.... but as we know there are people that spend time there, then transfer off..
  18. Elemental Augur

I appreciate everyone's opinion so far, but in all reality how many of you have any investment in the Zek server? I don't think a majority of you have ever played on Zek. Myself, I have 8 accounts currently subbed active and all with the most up to date expansion, and most of us that play on Zek have multiple accounts due to low population. When one of us stops playing that's the revenue equivalent to 6 players on your servers. If you are worried about certain items being too what's the word valuable that are attached to a loyalty merchant(I haven't used loyalty points except for bags of platinum since I've had it on 8 accounts) then those items wouldn't be implemented onto the merchant. Problem Solved, would take 5 minutes.

This merchant was introduced 20 years ago and has been neglected for 20 years. When it was implemented the armor that was on the merchant was relevant to the time it was introduced.

Is it too hard to ask for you to update something you implemented yourself and have neglected for 20 years?

I fail to see how someone would abuse the PVP system, when there is already the PVP system in place, and how it would suddenly start being an issue if the same system has been utilized for 20 years and it wasn't an issue back then and still isn't an issue.

[IMG]

What's somebody to do with lvl 65 armor at lvl 115? I don't think it is too much to ask for to have something looked at once every 20 years. Plenty of items could be added to this merchant, DA clickies, Reflect shield clickies,
    [IMG]

You could even put Anguish chestplates on the merchant imagine how easy that would be an how impactful it could make on the Zek population. The reality is this isn't something that is going to cause some of you playing on Xegony or Povar or Drinal to care any bit about if its implemented because it has no direct impact on you fellas. This is something that should have been looked at years ago and could only increase the PVP population on Zek.
  19. Elemental Augur

^^^
    You chain kill your sock puppet it would be worth 0 pvp points after their first death, for ever unless they went and killed people who also had PVP points available to get. We aren't trying to sit here and cater to lvl 6's we are catering to the lvl 115's. Those that pvp at 115 have plenty of pvp points going around if you are an active pvper.
  20. demi Augur

can we get Zek server their own Forum .. TLP's have their own section.. seems only fair PvP gets one also ..
    Duder likes this.