is it time for some new and exciting character models ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NinjutsuMMO, Sep 17, 2021.

1. NinjutsuMMO Augur

it's been a long time since Luclin changed the face of Norrath forever (Literally)

i wonder if we will ever get new character models with a new expansion or for eq's anniversary Promo.
    ImaMedievalman and Jhinx like this.
  2. demi Augur

nope , the days of new race/class models are gone .. were lucky to get revamped zones
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe if they ever move to a 64 bit client and an updated graphics engine
  4. demi Augur

even if they did all that , which I highly doubt .. we would still not get anything new as far as a new race/class to play .. anything EQ makes will be diverted elsewhere ..very little of it will remain in EQ ..
  5. bobbin Elder

Wish they'd get rid of the hump back Vah Shir's have.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Demi, you are the only one saying race/class. The OP said character models, Waring talked about updated graphics, for upgraded models.

It would be nice to have new models. it's been 20 years since Luclin originally came out. (Dec 2001). I'd love a new hairstyle, and updated faces.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Stymie like this.
  7. Randomized Augur

He said models as well :)
  8. demi Augur

either way we still not getting it :p
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

the way I read it was race/class models, as in no Ogre paladin models.. or no Erudite Shaman models.
  10. Randomized Augur

Haha fair enough. I read it as we’re not getting any new High Elf models or Beastlords models. Which sounded normal in my head but now that I’m typing it out, my versions seems less logical
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't see anything in the thread asking for new race/classes to play, all I see is asking if we will ever get updated models. My answer to that is maybe when a new 64 bit client and updated graphic engine is released.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

In the reply to me it mentions new race/classes to play which I take to mean something besides models.
    Celephane and Elyssanda like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No reason to be so pessimistic there is always a chance that it could happen under a new graphics engine if it becomes easier to create them.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I think we need more models, yes.

[IMG]
    Qelil and Aenvar like this.
  15. Randomized Augur

Right, my response was to:

16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But I don't think that was the post that was in question. Sure in one post they say models but in their very next post they talk about new races/classes (at least that is how I read it as they talk about playing it).
  17. Alnitak Augur

Don't jinx it ! Or we may get that model in black boots.
  18. kizant Augur

The original models are already perfect.
    Dre., Qelil, Kalvenie and 1 other person like this.
  19. Hekaton Augur

They cant even keep sharks in the water 9 months after expansion release. New character models would probably do strange and terrible things
  20. Stymie Pendragon

Maybe then they will address the stick up bum run of high elves:)