Make all the perks free or cancel them

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Paladorfthemighty, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladorfthemighty Apprentice

Well Devs, you've seen the overwhelming community response and several multi page threads. Aside from the small handful of white knights and a few more yet who remain neutral, I think almost the entire community has been quite shocked at the notion of these perks. It is not too late to make a change to either cancel them altogether or just make them free. I think the decision to create these perks was very short-sighted and you did not even begin to consider the impact on the community.
  2. Randomized Augur

It doesn’t really impact the community. The perks aren’t game changing. There’s not going to be a noticeable difference between those who use them and those who do not.

I have no intentions of buying them, but the extra revenue (if put back into EQ), I’m sure would be greatly appreciated by the community as a whole. I say leave it. I may purchase them just to throw extra money at the game
    Szilent, code-zero, Aanuvane and 3 others like this.
  3. Derd Augur

Well devs, the op doesn't speak for me, nor do the anti perk posts. Be a business make money keep eq alive.
    Darain, Szilent, Puffel and 10 others like this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

ForumQuesters are just a small fraction of actual players out there, so I doubt they are going to make business decisions based on the input of ForumQuesters. They will take a look at the bottom line when it goes live and go from there.
    Qelil, Puffel, Herodotus and 2 others like this.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

Could have been handled this so much better. Liked the 1 perk for 3 month sub, 2 perks for 6 months and all three for year sub idea.

You folks are dreaming that at this stage of the game that this money is going back into EQ at anymore of a rate then the other millions that went elsewhere over the last 20 yrs.
  6. demi Augur

I agree with shadowman , the money from these perks (as trivial as they may be) 99.99% will not be going back into EQ .. how do I know , you ask ? 20+ years of experience .. I Might purchase the extra inventory slots for my main account but have not decided yet .. its sad that they couldnt just add those 2 slots in the next expansion .. will be interesting to see what this next expansion has to offer ..
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Elemental Augur

Need to stop feeling entitled to play this game, and be thankful that we have this game that Everquest has provided us for 20+ years, that they dont have to.
    Darain, Qelil, Flatchy and 2 others like this.
  8. Zolav Augur

To the OP... with a newly registered account I see you... the COMMUNITY has not spoken, the same 20-30 who always post here "have spoken".

Who cares about the perks, they are meaningless buy them or don't buy them. Stop pretending this is some kind of conspiracy. My guess is 98% of the community could care less and are thankful we can still play the game, if its not for you then move on.
    Darain, Szilent, Flatchy and 4 others like this.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

The first 2 perks just have no ROI for me personally.. but the Merchant one , just getting 2 extra inventory slots is worth it to me, on my 2 accounts.. so I'm getting them, and just counting it as a rise in the cost of playing this game. I pay $9.99/mo now, so it will be basically $13/month for me (x2) now. Still the cheapest entertainment considering the hours I put in..
    Duder, Puffel, code-zero and 4 others like this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just want to point out that if you have been on the forums for any length of time you would know the forum registration date has nothing to do with the length of time someone has been playing the game. Its just when that person decided to create an account and speak up.

Or if you mean the descriptor "new member" that also has nothing to do with how long someone has been on the forums. It is only based on the number of posts one has done. And you can change it and put in your own. See mine? "devils' Advocate" which I am doing here:D

His is from 2020. not so new really.

And what does it matter? Like you said:

Who cares about the perks?
    Fenthen and Puffel like this.
  11. Febb Augur

Why are you shocked at these perks? Businesses do this all the time to bring in more revenue. This isn't a new business model that no one has ever heard of.
  12. Randomized Augur

Roundabout way of saying he wants them for free I guess?
    Flatchy likes this.
  13. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

Like it or not, things like this are part of the gaming industry now. Does not mean you have to pay for them, but considering the subscription rate has barely gone up in 20 years, maybe just use it or ignore it.
    Darain, Nennius and Metanis like this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Problem with this is that DPG is losing money the longer we have our subscription.

I pay for three months at a time, which IIRC translates to 13 dollars a month. If I did the monthly subscription of 17 per, then they would have made twelve dollars off me.

Now if I go for one year, I think that translates to something like 9 dollars per month. If I go that route, they are losing 48 dollars per year from me all while incentiving me with more perks.

Combining perks with lengthier subscription plans is a poor business solution that rewards players but hurts the business financial bottom line.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

You would hope so. However, the enchanter charm and color stun nerfs say otherwise.
  16. minimind The Village Idiot

1. They're not overwhelmed by the response. In fact, there has been much more significant response to smaller changes.
    2. Those multi-page threads are not real human users signing an official petition one signature per person. They're discussions wherein each real human has the opportunity to make multiple posts using multiple accounts or even a single account.
    3. Much of the community doesn't even know about the perks yet.
    4. Disagreement with your opinion does not entail "white knight"-ing.
    5. Most of the community is not likely shocked that Daybreak is seeking optional expenses to prevent increasing subscription prices.
    6. You're right. It's never too late.
    7. The decision to create the perks is financial and thus absolutely not short-sighted.
    8. Of course they considered the impact on the community. Just like every change in the past. You just have a hard time understanding that you don't fully comprehend their rationale.
    Puffel, Maedhros, Kaenneth and 3 others like this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

@Paladorfthemighty

Virtue-signaling whilst pushing your agenda isn't clever and it isn't productive no matter what the YouTubers you watch tell you.

Stop it. Get some help.
    Flatchy likes this.
  18. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm fine with the perks, except the one that gives you bigger trader satchels. That's stupid. That is a quality of life addition and should not cost anything.
    Fenthen and Herodotus like this.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

eh, they should sell 20 slot trader bags for 500-1000 DBC each, as a permanent upgrade. I would dump all my idling DBC into them for the longer term plat gain; while boosting the variety of items for other players to buy.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

agree extra inventory slots should be permanent not temporary.
    Fenthen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.