Terror of Luclin....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Geko, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

:rolleyes:

If thats the case might just stay on Mischief and not bother :p
    Arraden likes this.
  2. Hegsheoshed Augur

Will this have anything to do with the lost Vah Shir tribes? They only have Sahteb Mahlni now as their Spirit. I would almost expect the lost tribes are in the Unkempt Woods hidden away with the newest high level going to destroy everyone version of Cros Treewind after he pulled off the biggest jape ever and left the scene years ago. That would be an odd way to connect dots but I am weird that way.

That might be too creative an idea. I think Sara Treewind is lying and she knows.
  3. Numiko Augur

I'm hoping we get Luclin's Tower, it was on the original box art but never made it into the game, i'm sure it would be an interesting Raid zone.

[IMG]
  4. Riou EQResource

There are Primal Vampires (the coterie iirc), but I don't know how prevalent they are, other then that maybe the Shades are undead too
  5. Galliana Elder

Never mind the snow. Are we going to 120 or by some miracle staying at 115?
  6. Riou EQResource

120 is likely, they said they wanted to get back to every other expansion is a level increase
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Yep.

I hope you guys like learning hundreds of new spell names that mean the same thing but have ever increasingly obscure and awkward names. It's too bad it takes so much designer time to give us a +5 level cap increase, will make the rest of the expansion lighter on content.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  8. ShadowMan Augur

Bingo more than half the time spent on spells or discs is just wasted time. Should honestly just add three ranks to 115 versions just increasing the power. Then spend that gained time on spell time tuning and fixing long standing issues.

Same with items and gear. Less weeks of work on filler gear no one will use for more then a couple weeks and more time tweaking stuff that’s actually used, like adding evolving gear and augs and adding detrimental duration pots for 120!
  9. Alnitak Augur

In RoF Luclin is actually in her chambers concocting some anti-alaran plan. She actually comes out to speak to you and you even get to fight her. She appears as Luclin herself (very beautiful Lady of Shadows indeed), not as an avatar of Luclin.

So, Luclin Tower has made it into the game, just on a slightly different quest-line.

She says she if not fond of Norrathians, though she hates alarans even more because they are an older race and she had more time to observe them from her shadows and hate for longer.

I am very curious how the story-lines will be played in the upcoming expnsion. The rivalry between Luclin and her Coterie primal vampires, Shissars, Akheva and the minions, native ugly goranda (some side may have corrupted those into something really powerful and mean), alien races (those weird naked humanoids), Combine empire branch of Seru followers, Vah Shirs and their kins, Grimlings... and Luclin herself being the master of puppets.

Maaaaan, that was a fun expansion back in the days.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That's not what she says / what is happening. When she mentions the Alarans being older is more of a brag/establishing credibility. "I was here before they were!"

After the Triunity was slain, the power they stole from Cazic-Thule crystallized and shattered into a million pieces all across Norrath with some even reaching Luclin, thus Rain of Fear.

Some devotees of Cazic-Thule (The Harbringers) start going around trying to collect all the fragments in the hope they can bring Cazic back to life. There are a few odd interactions that suggest there may be something else going on, especially the ToFS anniversary raid, but nothing definitive.

Eventually we've helped them gather all the pieces except the one Luclin has, so we go to take it from her. She tells us that the Harbringers are being manipulated by an evil super-god of Fear named Xaric who has tricked them into gathering the fragments so they can become manifest.
  11. Tevik Augur

And OF COURSE he manifested himself as an evil little Halfling. Never trust them.
    Axxius likes this.
  12. Nightmares Augur

Hrm... New lore. Well, if anything and everything is on the table... Instead of delving into the Past versions of zones ( like Seeds of Destruction did), or revamping old zones with initial works by certain factions ( as EoK did with Lceanium and then RoS with Overthere). How about we actually go back around and start revamping the old original zones a little bit. For instance. Cabilis. In SoD you never saw Cabilis, in Kunark it's in ruins a bit but still inhabited. You don't even get to see it in EoK, or RoS. You would think after centuries, the Iksar would have been working to make their town prosperous again, fixing buildings, working on Commerce, buildings trade hub or even a new port zone to trade with the other races...

If that's still too much of a rework for people, how about We FINALLY invade Discord. Not just push back the Discordian army, but take the fight to their worlds and start liberating the other civilizations? Brand new worlds / times to play with. Each one being different due to the different races that were home to each. New gods of those worlds to kill, etc.

If that still doesn't work... well... have we truly explored Norrath's Globe? Always the possibility of something on the other side of the planet we have not seen yet, as Luclin always stays in pace with our side. Drinal wasn't a bad idea, however I think I would like to see all brand new Mob models and types. there currently is no lore about anyone going to Drinal or anything happening to Drinal due to events on Norrath, as was the case with Luclin and the Odus incident (at least not that I have ever seen).

and if THAT isn't enough.... Ummm... Instead of the Underfoot being in the center of Norrath, how about a Deeper area never explored before, deeper than even the underfoot, unknown to even Brell. A place he's heard of but the God was never foolhardy enough to explore there himself for that is the place where the creators of the planet live, the beings that dwelt within the planet before even Veeshan in all her glory touched the planet, carving the deep crevices that are well known in Western Wastes. Beings of such power that they created the planet, not simply just brought their power to it to create new life. The Abyss is dark... the abyss is deep... the abyss...
    ImaMedievalman likes this.
  13. Riou EQResource

I don't think it is true that level caps take so much time to reduce much content, the only thing it mostly takes longer is that Aristo and the AA dev spends longer on them, but I don't know that either has made actual content in awhile and Ngreth has to spend some of his raid making/overseeing time on doing all the skill caps, ac caps, exp needed, level stat boosts, etc time to implement
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Galliana Elder

I have argued this forever. All a level cap increase does is set us back and we have to spend what is essentially a week getting back to where we were. All that time giving us new names for old spells is time not put into content. And as always, 4 of the 5 levels are worthless. It's not like WoW where every level matters and is different.

Gone are the days of an expansion every 6 months with 15 new zones and quests. Now it's one year, six new zones, most or all remakes of old zones, merc/partisan/hero/savior, etc.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

I don't know about that I have done quite a few betas and since I can remember there has always been very little time for feedback and changes for spells or discs. Half if not two thirds of beta at least for spells is naming, working out how spells will be clicked and stuff like that behind the scenes based on the name. Add in design lock, random errors and very little ever else happens with spells or discs.

Its the same with gear we often have 2 or 3 tiers of both raid and group gear made, named, tweaked and yet 1 of each would have sufficed. The middle or early tier is used by free to play or for short periods of time at best while getting the best in slot. Then when it comes time for other stuff the reason it doesn't happen cool clicks, evolves, better quest rewards, better bp clicks, etc the reason is I didn't have time.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Riou EQResource

Sure, but level increase vs non level increase doesn't change either of those things, in both cases all of that is the same between them
    Coagagin likes this.
  17. ShadowMan Augur

True but at least for spells and AA there are often way way way less offered during non level expansions so they do in fact spend a lot more time helping out elsewhere. The devs all seem to wear at least 2 hats these days and a lot more could be accomplished if they didn't spend massive amounts of time creating the same thing again but named differently.

If you polled EQ I am sure the overwhelming majority would take Spell rank 4, 5 and 6 from Tov/Cov spells if it meant he then had time to actually listen and possibly implement feedback for any spell. Over just Tov/Cov clone spells being renamed, boosted 20% and tied to clicks, AA, bp focus x 500 without any time for anything else.

Maybe my suggestion takes just as long or longer but by now the beta process has to have a way to be more streamlined regarding spells and AA. There has to be a way that they can accomplish what they want but still have time for actual feedback, tuning and improvement instead of the same old week 4 of beta spells finally named, next week is design lock so happy hunting.
  18. Tevik Augur

How is that all that different than building a new set of spells? You've literally only removed the time spent for naming them, and the names are formulaic.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

One thing that has repeatedly irked me about games where you get to visit multiple worlds/planets/"other realms of existence" is that they all seem to have same identical gravity, physics, sky types, weather - that has never truly sat well with me, was every world the Nameless created crafted in such a way evey habitable world & moon all have a uniform gravitation?

You dont have to go mad with it:
    Heavier mass worlds so jumping gets you less height, steps are much shallower to account for the heavier gravity, smaller stubbier creatures and plants are lower to the ground / flatter in looks & stockier in build, Dwarves would feel right at home here maybe :p

Lighter mass worlds would have the opposite, higher steps, taller thinner proportioned creatures & plants something that elves would really enjoy perhaps.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. ShadowMan Augur

Didn't layout the entire idea but the thought was it being more like progressive spells. One item is created to advance spells to next rank and you obtain them be completing something that rewards you with the clicky. Instead of 3 items for the 3 ranks per spell x 500. + 5 new group spell drops. + 5 new raid spell drops. + New slot 3's for them all. + tying bp focus effects to many. + tying AA lines to new versions.

Anyway that streamlines what they have to do so its not 5 weeks of work to have the exact same thing only named different when it could possibly be 1 week work for same end result and 3-4 weeks spent tuning/feedback/adjusting.
    Coagagin likes this.