Fixed Internally three overseer Elites not showing up for quests

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by RPoo, Sep 15, 2021.

1. RPoo Augur

Today I noticed that
    First ranger Kele
    Marcia Attamilgad
    although none are incapacitated or already being in another quest, they are simply not even showing up when I click select agent and it shows all the choices, as if i don't even posses them. They show up in my agents tab.
    Wulfhere, Lessw, Proponent and 34 others like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

They will need to know what quest.

Also were you using filters, related:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-not-accepting-emmisary-of-crystallos.277469/
    DaddyBear likes this.
  3. RPoo Augur

No filters- nothing changed since last time I refreshed quests.
    Actually Avatar of brell is fine and showing up properly but not first ranger kele or marcia attamilgad.
    The quests = any that use spy, soldier, merchant, harvester, explorer, so possibly all of them?
    [IMG]
    DaddyBear likes this.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Qelil and DaddyBear like this.
  5. cadres Augur

There's something very odd going on.
    I'm doing my overseer now. One one account I have 8 x 'undertow skeleton' One is incapacitated (shaken). That leaves 7 available for my current tasks.
    I use one in a quest
    Now I'm showing 0 undertow skeletons available

Edit. I also have 6 x Unrest noble. I have 1 showing as available for current quests, in the quest window. None are incapacitated. I use that one. Now I cannot do more tasks that also require this lowest level agent, it shows as none available

Exactly same as above re Sylvan bat. I own 6, only 1 is available, altho none incapacitated

Next quest 'exclusive offer'. I need Goblin Mapmaker for the final slot. I have x 5 of this agent.
    my available agent list shows 0 available. None are incapacitated

And /sigh. Next quest I attempt is Blind Luck. The third agent I need is SteamWork Shock Trooper. I have 5 of these. available agent window shows 0 available (again, none incapacitated)

I switch to another toon on the same account. I look at, for eg, the Blind Luck quest. On the previous toon I could see Goblin Mapmaker in the list of available agents, although with a value of 0. On the 2nd toon, he doesn't appear at all. I can see him in the agents tab, but he doesn't appear at all in the available agents section of the quest window.

Second account.
    I have ak anon guard x 5. Only 1 available
    I have Unrest Noble x 5. None available, cannot do the quest Dragon's hoard (well, I could with sub-optimal line up but....)
    I have 5 x Treasure Seeker. None available (so no Cave Diving)

Third account. Same picture. About 10 lowest rank agents showing as 0 or 1 available when I actually have 5-7 of each

Different accounts have different agents affected/missing, there doesn't seem to be a common theme

This is something new (post patch), never seen this before
    tanith and DaddyBear like this.
  6. Gialana Augur

This sounds like the reverse of a bug I experienced rarely, but I haven't been affected by that bug in probably a year or more. In the older bug, when I would click on the "Select Agent" button, I would show that I had many (maybe 6 or 7) of a given agent available. If I selected that agent and tried to start the quest, I got a pop-up saying that I couldn't. I would then go to the "Agents" tab and see that while there were really only maybe 3 copies of that agent listed.

Even though there were available copies of an agent, if there was a discrepancy in the total number of copies of an agent between the "Quest" and "Agents" tabs, I couldn't use that agent to start any new quests. Camping completely out and back in usually got the different tabs to agree how many copies of the agent I had, and I could then use the agent. I wonder if camping out would help you with this particular bug, at least until it can or will be fixed.
    DaddyBear likes this.
  7. cadres Augur

Yes, I had that a few times for awhile too. I tried camping out, checking clock synchronisation etc before posting on this latest thing, but made no difference
    DaddyBear likes this.
  8. RainbowTest Augur

This is a hefty bug, I am barely able to do any tasks now after the first round of them working fine. It seems that slowly my choices for available agents are dwindling for no apparent reason even though my list says I have a great many unused. This is definitely a bug.
    DaddyBear, Aanuvane, Mukkul and 2 others like this.
  9. cadres Augur

Just done another 2 rounds of quests on 2 chars
    Post the 'patch of the patch' the situation seems improved - on one account I had no problems
    On checking other accounts, most of the agents which appeared missing yesterday seemed to be back.

But
    On the 2nd account several are still unavailable in the same manner as above - so it's certainly not been resolved
    DaddyBear likes this.
  10. Stephen51 Augur

Level 5 Common Recruitment - Recruit Workers.
    Amidst the Steamfont Mountains can be found the inventive and the tireless. These workers, capable of truly awe inspiring feats, are excellent candidates for recruitment. All that's required is an expedition of like-minded agents to win them over.

1. Artisan (4) Dwarf, Mighty, Heroic - Nyzil Bloodforge - check
    2. Scholar (3) Dark Elf, Regal, Extravagent - Mistmoore Advisor - check
    3. Harvester (1) Clockwork, Rogue, Fierce - Steamwork Hunter - check
    4. Artisan (1) Spider, Monster, Cautious - Rock Spider fits all criteria, and I have 3, all of which are ready, but does not appear on list.
    5. Spy (1) Woodelf, Rogue, Rugged - Faydark Bandit - check.
    DaddyBear likes this.
  11. Kendeth Augur

I'm seeing this happening with a rare conversion quest. I have 3 copies of Nitalla but when I go to the rare conversion she isn't listed at all (yet my 2 Sylia's show up):

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    DaddyBear likes this.
  12. mewkus Augur

It's more than just elites and rares that aren't showing up. It's affecting all ranks. I have six instances of 'Vicious Worg' that aren't showing up for a recruit quest.

Earlier, I was attempting a quest and Emperor Crush showed up as In Use (the ! in corner). I saw he showed as ready in my agent list, but couldn't add him to my quest. I logged out (to character select screen) and back in. Now he doesn't even show up at all (either In Use or Available).
    DaddyBear and Hinky Druid like this.
  13. RainbowTest Augur

Ok Dev's 99% of the population either are in progression and not able to do overseer tasks, or have done overseer tasks for so long then have 100000 available agents. Ignore all of them they are either not looking at it or their choice saturation is crazy like the above guys screenshots, they are clueless and won't start complaining here till they start to run out of agents....

Here is the bug: When you assign 3 agents to a task, when that task completes those 3 agents never ever ever ever show back up again as available when we try to assign agents, even though we still have them and they are ready, when we hit the "select agent" button only new agents and agents that have never done a task post the most recent patch show up. This is especially prevelant on servers like coirnav and that other server who is just barely in HoT/VoA as their accounts don't have massive amounts of agents banked to pick from....like the above guys screenshot.

So you are getting bugreports like this and the other where guys with giant buttloads of agents have a few favorites they like to use that are suddenly going dry and not able to be selected but in reality, 6-24 hours from now those same guys are going to report their backup agents also no longer show up able to assign tasks.

This is a major game breaking bug for overseers. Please fix this immediately. It is impossible to even do any tasks right now for me as I have 40 agents all available but none of them can be selected, not even for conversions. I can only purchase more agents, who become useable, but then after they are used once, they are unselectable.
    DaddyBear likes this.
  14. cadres Augur

And now I'm back to having so many agents affected by this that doing any quest at all is really tricky

Specifically:
    Currently 24 of my bottom tier agents are affected.
    I own 5-8 of each of these.
    24 are showing (as above in 'available agent' section of quest window) as having 1 or 0 available
    They show the correct number in the agents tab

Just noticed the following in the stats tab:
    Total agents: 850
    Ready: 637
    Questing: 28
    Incapacitated: 9

So that's almost 200 agents who are awol - where/how?

Logging to another toon on same account now shows the same numbers except down to 557 showing as ready - almost 300 MIA

Different account as follows:
    Total agents: 912
    Ready: 637
    Questing: 30
    Incapacitated:6

Third account
    Total agents: 848
    Ready: 739
    Questing: 5
    Incapacitated: 8

Interestingly, which kind of supports what the poster above is saying: I completed/claimed 4 quests. I got 2 critical success and 2 incapacitations, so 22 agents should have been returned to the pool. Only 11 actually were.

Can we please have a response on this?
    DaddyBear likes this.
  15. Ninelder Augur

Having the same problem as OP on two different accounts.
    DaddyBear likes this.
  16. Spacemonkey555 Augur

One of my accounts in unaffected, other is missing 15 common, 9 uncommon, 8 rares. Stats tab shows 215 agents, -227 ready.

update: camping to character select did nothing, but later I camped to desktop and relogged and everything is back as it should be, 215 agents 203 available, got all agents that were missing back.

update 2: Every one of the 5 accounts in my fellowship is affected, lose agents ready over time (maybe when zoning?) but complete relog fixes it temporarily, huge pain to keep up overseer now.
    DaddyBear and Mukkul like this.
  17. cadres Augur

Bingo!
    This morning (computer off overnight)
    Switch to toon 2 (same account) and suddenly 100 agents (from 850) are missing
    Log completely out of game
    Log back in on Account 2
    all overseer agents are back
    2/3 hours later log into other toons on the same acc. Check overseer and 300+ agents missing

Strangely, camping out pre-2nd patch had no effect (it was one of the first things I tried)
    DaddyBear likes this.
  18. Raytan Augur

I noticed the same bug today. I have a Wasp Worker, that would have fit perfectly in the last slot for a mission and brought my chance up to 90 (I was at 89), but the Wasp Worker never appeared on my list of agents to use. The Wasp Worker fit all three areas the agent should have, but had to use an agent that only filled 2 out of the 3, because the Wasp Worker wasn't listed.
    DaddyBear likes this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Seems to be a variation on the previous "showing multiple copies when you don't have multiple copies" bug, only acting in reverse.

See if camping all the way out to desktop and logging back in will clear it. That used to work on the old bug.
    Coagagin and DaddyBear like this.
  20. BloodyDaTrolly Apprentice

+1 can confirm this on AA account, you must fully log off a character to see all available agents in Overseer. If not some will be missing even tho they are in Ready state and meet all the requirements.
    DaddyBear likes this.