A quick explanation please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yohoho, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Yohoho New Member

What does this mean?
    - NPCs that have an active loot lock will now only accept trades from players who belong to the credited party.

No more Multi-Questing? If so, how do you handle when evil do'er dumps a piece on the quest NPC walks away? No one else can do the quest even if they have all the pieces?

Or am i WAY off base here and this is specific to some sort of bug?
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Pretty sure this is in regards to the final Coldain Shawl 1.0. Upon beating the last wave, you end up going the the pirate camp and the Brell avatar dwarf spawns. People were sitting there with their shawl and janking the turn-in. With this patch, that NPC would be tied to the person who triggered the event.

Even before this patch, the avatar would spawn with a "*" next to his name. That did not prevent people from turning in their shawl without completing the quest portion and leaving the requester to have to craft a bunch of armor again.

I doubt this will affect most multiquests in the game, simply the ones where the turn-in NPC is triggered by a specific person. These also tend to have a time limit and generally despawn with 30 minutes or less.
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Yohoho New Member

An example of what I was thinking: Lets say I wanted to Mulit-Quest the Plusing Green stone for the druid epic, someone hands the quest npc the green stone, I turn in the other, it will still work? (this is just an example but common on TLP's for epic quests etc).
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will this fix the ranger epic in FM where a ranger does a hand in and they has to kill a mob spawned up a hill and is often ganked by another ranger?
  5. Spacemonkey555 Augur

old patch notes indicate loot lock would not apply to standard epic turnin mobs, so no change to epic I would think

6. Nolrog Augur

There are some mobs that when spawned are locked to the person or group that spawned them, so no other groups can come kill it and steal the kill. These are designated with a * in their name (e.g., * Yohoho). The Ry Gorr Chief is one that comes to mind, though I have seen others on Thornblade.