Wizard Love

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalvenie Elder

And is likely right - there's something off with AAs firing on click, so feels like a good shout. I tend not to use on sontalak / klandicar for lag reasons.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Megaman New Member

All I want is for them to remove the stupid twincast blocker on the wildmagic line spells!!
    Ezbro likes this.
  3. Petalonyx Augur

Even in the group game where I live, forces can be negative dps. Even a little lag can cause them to delay the cast of an actual high dmg spell. Since forces do squat for dmg, any cut into actual spell spam is super bad. Not to mention their mana cost. Not to mention the weird cast lockups they seem to cause (where your attempted real spell casts just show up for a second and then fail repeatedly).

They are buggy. They are overcosted. They are often negative dps. They make more lag. They are yet another trap in the wizard arsenal. They are another gigantic hole in wizard AA progression (seriously, we max out useful AA way early compared to other classes). A lot of wizard theorical dps is never realized, or only situationally realized (true for all, but perhaps moreso for wiz). Forces could use help/redesign imo.
    Coagagin likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wow, I'm floored. I looked up the Forces AAs, and they top out at a lower damage amount (25500 vs. 48000) and a worse dmg/mana ration (12 vs. 13) compared to the similar Druid AAs! That makes no sense at all.

And from a Druid perspective, I have some of the same reservations. For mana usage, they are pigs, because they don't benefit from mana preservation, so the dmg/mana ratio is much worse than regular spells. They DO have quite a high base damage to them, so I only use them when something has to die NOW. Otherwise, continued use causes me to run OOM too soon.
  5. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

IMHO it's unlikely they are ever gonna fix anything for wizards. I guess that's just the way this cookie crumbled...
  6. Ashigaru Augur

So hopefully once summer is over, the Wizard loving may happen...?
  7. Kalvenie Elder

"Updated the confirmation popup box for translocation spells to last for 2 minutes."
    "Updated translocation spells to be cast by casters if they are in combat and land of targets that may be in combat"
    "Correct an issue with the Gamit line of Wizard spells could cause the Wizard to damage themselves with an offensive proc"

Rejoice wizards!
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just a shame they did nothing for our DPS. :rolleyes:
    Kalvenie and Elyssanda like this.
  9. Riou EQResource

It is possible it is rolled into the 116-120 spell upgrades / AA
  10. demi Augur

so they nerf wizzy dps only to give it back as an expansion benefit .. sounds familiar ..
    Coagagin and Warpeace like this.
  11. demi Augur

I can just see it now .. nerf certain class ..

NEW PERK pay 2.99/mo and so and so class gets a 2% mellee or spell increase
    Kalvenie and Marton like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It needs to be backfilled if they do something like that.
  13. Marton Augur

And that is going to be the day I'm finally done with the game.
  14. GoneFission Augur

Pay $2.99/month to specify class in group or raid has 2% melee or spell damage reduction. Can change class designation weekly.

Call perk “Play it your way”.

When EQ finally jumps the last shark.
  15. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

16. Mongol311 A really bad wiz

17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Good idea for a collection...:p
    Mongol311 likes this.
  18. Vizier Augur

If you play this game for years, you see power levels wax and wane between dps classes. Wizard got shafted a bit recently, so we are due for a bit of a boost next expac. Hopefully.
  19. Szilent Augur

i.e. from TBM forward. So 7 of 28 expansions, when we get into CoL. Ready for some of that waxing!
    Kalvenie, Mongol311 and Voxvixen like this.
  20. Coagagin Guild house cat

Forces started off as a mana free way of cleaning up the last hitpoints on a mob that were basically at zero, expanded and heavy mana cost added later. In essence taking something good and festering it into something bad, very bad, if not awful.
    Kalvenie and Mongol311 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.