Aggro drop (Call of the Zero - Velious NToV Dragons)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tharvog, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Tharvog Elder

Anytime you pull Velious dragon and get Call of the zero cast on you it instantly removes aggro and the boss reset if you are at a certain distance. Call of the Zero is a common ability shared by most of the dragons here.

This is easily replicated on Lord Vyemm . Face him to the back wall, like most guilds do the fight. Tank will get punted to the back wall then shortly after the dragons CD is up to cast call of the zero and your main tank just lost all his threat

Try pulling Aaryonar out of the pit , he will Call of the zero and you will be sitting under him out of combat.

I tested this extensively and it appears to only be happening if you are at a certain distance threshold. If you stay close you never see the aggro drop. This really makes it really difficult for our guild to do certain fights like Vyemm. Were not a huge zerg guild and when our tank gets punted to far he drops all aggro due to the call of zero ability taking him out of combat and mowing through our dps.
    Wulfhere and ShaggyG like this.
  2. Tharvog Elder

I seen this in the patch notes this week and was excited. Not sure what this is related to but its not fixing the issue here. I just tested this again and its still happening.

- Corrected an issue where NPCs would drop you from their hatelist if you were too far away under the wrong conditions.

I took a step further and pulled Aary to Vyemm.. Why not? Its not just dropping you from the caster of Call of the zero hate list but completely wiping your aggro like a long distance call of the hero would do. I had multiple mobs on me , including some trash mobs, after i was call of the zero beyond the distance threshold i was completely removed from combat on all targets.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  3. Tharvog Elder

Also, just to be clear this was not specific to these bosses but is happening on every single boss that has the ability.
  4. Derd Augur

Never really played a mage but, your saying you could agro a boss then get call of the hero back to raid and pull the mob with you without dropping agro? That sounds rather cheesy.
  5. Tharvog Elder

No its an ability the bosses here have called "Call of the Zero"

Also if you re-read the first sentence of the post you will understand better what is happening.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=2080
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

The fix was for the bug with agro dropping that got introduced in the LAST patch. If you agro'd a mob and got too far away, it would drop agro and start walking back to its spawn point. I haven't had a chance to test if they did indeed fix it.
  7. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Happened to me while tanking both Vyemm and Kreizenn tonight, call of the zero dropped me completely off agro.
    Tharvog likes this.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

This is new? Seems like familiar behavior to me.
  9. Tharvog Elder

Please take a look at this, very anoying
  10. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

I think this might have something to do with Z axis, had it happen again the other day with Aary, we pulled her to a weird spot and she got pushed onto a pillar, every time she zero'd someone they would lose all agro, when tanking kreizenn I was backing up too far from zero and sliding up the wall, with vyemm... well the knockback send you up the wall.
  11. phattoni Augur

this isnt bugged or even broken, this is how the spell works, its called a mem blur, if you play past the first 3 expansions its used quite a few times in raids. just not as call of the zero.

dont remove this mechanic, the fights are easy enough, if your tanks cant coordinate to deal with the memblur, maybe you need better tanks, or possibly a better guild.

everytime the tank is summoned his agro is reset, its very easy to deal with.

and i would imagine this is tied into the code for call of the hero as well, that spell drops agro as soon as you are summoned as well.
  12. theonepercent Augur

/r/confindentlyincorrect much? Call of the zero isn't and never has been a mem blur, it's just an extra summon.
  13. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Call of the hero is a memblur, call of the zero never dropped agro until the agro changes last week.
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

15. ShaggyG Lorekeeper

Weird, tanked these things thousands of times and never once had it happen until after this patch, maybe it has existed in some form or another but the changes made it more prevalent? Seems super common now at least when I haven't once seen it in many years.
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Call of the Zero and Call of the Hero both function using SPA 82 (Summon Target). This SPA has a built in aggro drop for the target, provided the target is far enough away from the caster. Neither ability has changed recently in the spell history data. This is not a bug.
  17. theonepercent Augur

Just because the spell data hasn't changed doesn't mean something isn't different. I've never had cotz drop agro before, since this last patch it's constantly happening in random situations some of which may be due to range. I seriously doubt the intention on Lord Vyemm was to have the tank constantly knocked back, get summoned by cotz and completely drop agro. Or if that was the intention it hasn't been happening for the past 15 or whatever years since cotz was added.
  18. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Oh fair enough. I didn't realize the Vyemm tank was losing aggro from that short of a range. I read the OP as just discussing the initial pull. That does sound unintential then, I agree.
  19. RainbowTest Augur

This is not new. Call of the Zero has always faded you out.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Tharvog Elder

so you are saying its always been broken?