Agents of Change on Firiona Vie - Level Restricted?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhinx, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Went to Vex Thall and could not get in. Was tossed to the safe part of the zone in Umbral Plains a few times before we tried to drop the instance, but got the 2 day lockout for both of us even though I never got into the zone. My friend got in. This was weird since I wasn't flagged somehow, but he was, and my toon has raided VT, has all the keys, et cetera, and that's his first time in there.

Thought that perhaps it was an anomaly so tried Seru and the same thing, though this time I got in before I was kicked out by one of the banishing mobs and ended up in the safe part of the zone, which was Everfrost this time. Long run back, I can't get in again. Same, again not flagged, which is odd since I have the Arx Key and have killed him buckets.

Talked to a guildy/buddy who also had the same problem.

Each toon that has the issue has the same thing in common: Level 115.

Each toon that could get in was sub 110. I'm now in my third instance with my 107 toon and no issues.

tl;dr AoCs appear to be level capped
    Kogmaw likes this.
  2. Morigaine Elder

So wanted to add a different experience with Vex Thal as something seems amiss. Created a group of 6 x 115 (all gold full membership). Requested the DZ with my main and all toons except the requester showed flagged. Tried to zone in and was ported as the post above to the safe spot of Umbral. So not sure if its a level cap thing but something is not working properly with VT. I was able to use the same group and got into a SSRA aoc instance without issue.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Something is going on, there's threads already open:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...of-change-do-not-appear-to-work-on-fv.277465/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-access-plane-of-fire-agent-of-change.277464/
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It isn't level capping. I had one toon get in right away with the key word for Kael, the other got booted several times until going through all the text again.

It's just something odd going on right now, more likely due to AoC's being available to All Access members and not the FTP accounts, and the checks they've put in place for that.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Accipiter like this.
  5. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Interesting.

I got into the AoC with my 115 and even got up to one of the Praesertum, but it was not stable considering my banish sent me to Everfrost. In no instance was that character "flagged", nor any other 115.

I'm interested why some Gold members are flagged and others not so much.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Good call. The TLPs never had to deal with that.
  7. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

I would donate many platinums for a Developer to chime in, if at all possible...

Heck, I know you're busy. I'll try to be brief.

/leaves out Oreos (commonly felt to be the best Dev bait)

What appears to be consistent:
    • Need 6 bodies
    • Those bodies need to be All Access accounts
    • Does not appear to matter if those members of the group are online, as they hold the spot
    Questions:
    1. Are there issues with the level range of the party? Are offline members considered to be of a specific level? Could it be 5x level 1 characters and a 115?
    2. I thought it might be an issue with 115 toons (see "unflagged" above), but others are suggesting that it is not the case, but I was able to get into Seru long enough to be banished to Everfrost. Have any of you been successful to pop AoC instances with your 115 toons?
    3. Does a raid need to be formed? This does not appear to be the case, at least for some zones, since with our lower toons we were able to do PoFire and Kael without issue. If you form a raid, isn't that a bit of an issue with offline members?
    4. What makes a toon flagged vs. unflagged? Why a level 115 who did his VT flagging, has all the keys, has killed every boss in the zone, and is considered "unflagged" for Vex Thall, and has his Arx key, killed Seru inummerable times, but is "unflagged" for Sanctus, and can't get into either zone, yet a 107 toon that stepped into both the OW version of those zones for the first time that day is deemed to be "flagged" and can enter without issue.
    5. Do mercs work in raid instances via AoC? People talking about using mercenaries to fill group slots to pop raid instances is confusing with my history of mercs being a no no in raid thingies.
    6. Two of us used various levelled toons, invited from the other one, and we're both All Access, we had 6 people in the group, with only 2 online. What could we have changed to get the 115 in?
    Thank you so much for your time. You have some Oreo crumbs on your lapel

Edit: Posted this in the bug thread, which I really should have in the first place lol.
  8. Bojo New Member

I've had similar issues with character flagging. I was unable to zone into Dragon Necro raid instance.

Also the Thylex of Veeshan was not up in ToV... therefore I was unable to spawn Vulak`Aerr. I tried killing all of the Lords and Ladies just to be sure. Is Thylex not a guaranteed spawn every instance? Or a delayed spawn timer perhaps?