Running slow on any speed mount - Bug?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hauntling, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Hauntling New Member

I two box a Druid and Mage, they both have the same mount. My mage (2nd box) cannot keep up. I've tried all speeds of different mounts. I have no buffs, songs, or lag issues. Both characters are Heroic boosted but the Druid (speed is fine) was created years ago, and the mage was created a couple of days ago (speed is slow). Separate boxes. Is this a bug? I have tried all fixes I was able to find to no avail.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You probably have a faster mount on your druid in its bank somewhere, most mounts adopt the speed of the fastest mount you own, so while your Druid may have the same mount as the others equipped/in bags if it has a faster mount banked it will outrun the boxes.

Also check that the box account is not FPS throttled you want it to have 60 fps max as a minimum to avoid that causing issues
    Stymie likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Check your velocity. Go to a place in a zone where you have a flat area. Start moving while you have your character inventory screen up. Click the stat tab and look at velocity on left.

Start with your basic speed - no mount - 57 is usually without a mount.

With mounts it should be 75

What is the innate run speed AA on both?
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

First of all, check if there is a Fungus regeneration buff.
    minimind and Skuz like this.
  5. phattoni Augur

what does your weight look like? i seen a similar issue here on the forums, turned out the person had 5 of the mage summoned bags on him full of stuff, when the summoned bag goes offline it turns to a really heavy bag.

something to check out at least.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Hauntling New Member

Thank you all for the suggestions. I really appreciate it!

@ Skuz You are correct in that the Druid does have a fast/flying mount in keyring (was banked also) and is currently riding a Black Chain Horse Bridle. Although the Mage owns and rides the same horse she is now using a Severed Hand that one of my alts shared. Does that not count as a very fast mount when shared? Does the Mage have to own a very fast mount first? I checked the FPS both are the same.

@CatsPaws Your test yielded interesting results. Druid is at 75 velocity (on a fast mount). Mage was 64 velocity (on a very fast "shared" mount). Yes both chars have exact same innate run speed.

@Gnome_Power I have no buffs on either character, and no fungus regeneration buff.

@phattoni This was my thought at first as well. But nay, Mage has no weight issues.

At this point I assume I must obtain a very fast mount for the Mage other than sharing one, though I am not sure why that doesn't work?
    minimind likes this.
  7. Raytan Augur

I am going from memory here, so may be off. As I recall, the mount you have in you're bottom left box is for buffs, not run speed. Your maximum mount run speed is based on the fastest mount you have rode on. When ever I get a new mount, I summon it and ride it around a flat zone for about 30 seconds. Especially if I think it's the faster mount. If it is, then what ever mount I summon, will run at that speed.

The only way you know for sure is like CatsPaws suggested, check your velocity. Go to a flat area, many areas in the neighborhood fit this, summon each mount you have and ride them for about 30 seconds, checking their velocity. You should find, after you've rode on each, that all the mounts now match your fastest velocity mount.

There was a post quite awhile ago, that listed the velocity range for fast, very fast, sow, etc., but for the life of me I can't find it. When I box a second character, and they don't have the same mount velocities, I tend to have the slowest character lead, so they don't get left behind by the faster mount :). Good luck.

Edit: Typos.
  8. Hauntling New Member

Thanks this was I was thinking after all these great suggestions. I can tell you that "fast" mount speed velocity seems to be 64-65 and very fast is 75 because my Mage does not own any mounts at all except a "fast" one. I am not using a keyring persay, as I shared the mount through my bank and gave it to the Mage. It is a very fast mount (Severed Enchanter Hand) so not sure why it's still thinking the Mage does not own a very fast mount. Any insight is so helpful, thanks.
  9. Hauntling New Member

Update: After much experimenting my situation is not resolved. My Enchanter on the same account as the new Mage purchased a Severed Hand Mount a long time ago (says it's very fast) and yet my Enchanter is just as slow as the Mage running at 64 Velocity. Why?

Sorry, I meant to add this to my previous post, not create a new one.
  10. Hauntling New Member

Fixed: The Severed Hand Mount is not very fast. Huge oversight on my part. I obtained a 75 velocity mount and all is good. Thanks!
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Honestly, if they would just knock off this fast/very fast crap on the mount descriptions and just put the velocity number on there, it would remove a lot of confusion.
    Accipiter and CatsPaws like this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore