Luclin coming out soon on Mischief, Beastlord question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aelfynn, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Aelfynn New Member

I have done the 1-115 journey as a beastlord, but not when they first came out. I have some toons on Mischief and was wanting to roll a beastlord next month when Luclin comes out. What gear should I be stockpiling now before they come out? I remember using polished steel ulaks way back when but I don't think they are out yet
  2. RABKkehhalla Elder

Healing potions
  3. Captain Video Augur

They will be out in Luclin. If memory servers, they drop off several of the tribal mobs in Dawnshroud Peaks, and at least a couple of those are "rare creatures", which means they'll get randomized somewhere in the level 30-40 range. If you want a pair, and don't want to farm them yourself, they should quickly be floating around for cheap.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Wurmscale Fistwraps + Fist of Lightning is pretty good combo
    Kogmaw likes this.
  5. Pappasalt Augur

A box cleric with a clicky stick.
  6. Bewts Augur

Beastlords have a long road early on in TLP. MGB paragon and ferocity are your biggest raid contributions with middle tier for overall DPS contributions.

A BL in raid gear with a box cleric is certainly a viable duo. But then again so are most duos with a cleric box.

Just prepare to compete with a GLUT of monks for raid gear you’re gonna share.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

to start with? Sebilite Croaking Dirk paired with Crescent Blades of Luclin until about 30-35; then swap out for the best ratio weapons you can lay your hands on.

Grab the best worn haste item you can afford.

Pre-nerf fungi staff will seriously speed up 1-40 if your soloing (Since we can't wear a fungi tunic; Lunar Fungi is an option here if your rich/get lucky)

I make sure I have a few important focuses for leveling (Burning Affliction, Mana Pres, improved damage, and if you can find something, improved healing) and then grab the best gear I can afford with whats left in my budget. Generally I try to find things with a good mix of str/dex/wis and hp/mana... but with the pet tanking (when it can, there are gaps as you level where you will HAVE to tank for the pet) your armor isn't quite as important as your weapons.

I'm pretty stoked to start once luclin drops, too. These servers seem like fun and it sucks to have to sit on the side-lines for 3 expansions but /shrug/ it doesn't seem like that will ever change. I can't wait to see what the bazaar looks like with all the gear dropping here.
  8. TheGoblin Elder

Gharns, Lungi, Ring War Crown, Ring of Destruction, Fist of Lightning, Dain head belt, Vulak face. That should get you off to a decent start. Look for these items in the tunnel from your favorite RMT guild - GiG!
  9. Aziuno Augur

If you don't like casting Savagery every 3 minutes on a new target, and Fero every 2 minutes on a new target, don't play Beastlord.

It is your biggest contribution to a raid, and anyone who doesn't cast it on cooldown might as well have played a Monk.
  10. Kazz99 Elder

GDKP Guild, slight modification but not real world money, plat and kronos are what we use for raid currency, how folks get their kronos is their own business.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

Pet mitigation and avoidance is garbage until around TSS, and it's especially bad leveling since your pet will often be ten levels lower. Focus on high AC gear in these early expansions, use flash of light and slow for agro. There's some really good cheap weapons that are only half an inch away from raid weps (e.g., scepter of mastery). Fungus staff is the only other big thing, though as others mentioned having the key foci and some mana Regen will go a long way. You'll feel really awkward during luclin, and it'll be well over a year before it feels anything close to how a live beastlord plays.
  12. Aziuno Augur

As far as gear goes, Mana Preservation, Flowing Thought and Burning Affliction are huge. Weapons are only about 30-50% of your DPS depending on gear, ratio, atk, aa's.
  13. taliefer Augur

vyemms fang should be the weapon beastlord twinks go for on mischief/thornblade. take advantage of that ruleset! I dont think its selling for very much either, best bang for the buck imo
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6388

pair it with a wurmscale handwrap or fist of lightning.

eventually you will probably want a 2h blunt and spam blizzard blast for dps(and keep dots up of course), but for leveling dual wield is probably the way to go.
  14. Zanarnar Augur

eh, its workable even leveling (outside of some horrible gaps in the 30s and 40s). I guess it all depends on how well you are geared. I'm use to servers without tradable raid gear and going in with a budget of near 0p until I can farm a bit up. So take what I wrote with that in mind :) (being able to split tank w/ the pet means less downtime as he regens hella fast, get good gear or someone helping OOG and Boze is right on.)

I ALMOST forgot to mention a LEVEL 1 can do the Earring of Solstice quest and wear it for the 1 mana/tick regen. Its generally pretty affordable too. (Again Mr. Moneybags can buy raid stuff or even the Crown of Narandi for even more FT)
  15. TheGoblin Elder

Sorry, I meant the gear that is won is sold for RMT on a certain tunnel site by a higher % of GiG than any other guild on the server.
  16. Abundant Elder

Agreed. Technicality though: you only compete with a GLUT of people for loot if you're part of a no talent zerg coat-tail riding operation called a "guild". I got BST drops rotting every server I'd gladly let folks have and give no crap about purely console based selfish intentions or focus.
  17. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

and for the low low price of about 300 usd.
  18. Undark New Member

I'd love to see your dataset for this
  19. Lejaun Augur

Not really true. A beastlord has a lot more to it than being a Savagery bot.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Go on
    Boze likes this.