AoC on live is a huge let down.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kogmaw, Sep 15, 2021.

1. demi Augur

Ok i'll give ya the disappointed aspect .. im the one said your pissed .. so sorry for putting words you did not write..
    Kogmaw likes this.
  2. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

I mean all I can say is I tried it. with real people with gold accounts. didnt work.
  3. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

Thank you. I'm just not sure what else to try.
  4. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

ahh I see what youre doing here. I did X. Y. and Z.

happy? 6 PEOPLE with all access. no bueno. 3 with all access and mercs, no bueno.
  5. demi Augur

maybe wait a day or 3 .. the dev's are working on the issue's and we all know how well they communicate stuff .. we know from multiple threads that there are issues .. and we know hopefully those issues are being looked at from the dev's . will prolly take a day or 3 to get some stuff resolved might even take a month who knows..

I'm sorry your having issues ..
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

3 people and 3 mercs is not 6 players.

I don't know why they require all-access, that is just a stupid pointless restriction considering what it is when considering live parameters, but other than the all-access restriction it is the exact same as popping an anquish DZ.

Beyond questions about if they bugged it with the gold requirement and people not getting in, the things work exactly like they are supposed to with regard to rolling instances, and you very clearly were NOT doing things as was described or has been explained many times.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  7. cadres Augur

All level 110+ ? (I'm not certain this is a req, not tried it myself, just been told so)
    It might be overload?
    If you're sure they're all 'all access' people I'd suggest waiting a few in case of overload or trying a different AoC and see if there's a bug with a particular event or something more general
  8. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

very clear you didnt read my clarification. Tried with 6 people. all-access nerds from my guild that I've been playing with for a while now.
  9. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

....all group members have to be level 110+? I mean I guess level 60 trak might be too much for a level 109...haha, is this a real requirement?
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Absolutely not required and it defeats the purpose of AoCs. I can't speak to every zones' level requirements but I know for old Hate it is level 46 required, for example.
    Kogmaw likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

No.
    Kogmaw likes this.
  12. demi Augur

I dont know for sure , but I wouldn't think that would be a req as AoC is on all TLP's and some if not most of those dont even get to the lvl 110 mark for a few years.. maybe the heroic TLP but most start around lvl 50ish or 60's ... but like i said I dont play on TLP so im not positive .. just wouldnt make logical sense to me but whoever said DPG was logical :p
  13. cadres Augur

I don't know, I'll test sometime tomorrow-ish
    These instances are not designed for folk of the 'proper' level for the zone - hence the no xp thing, so it's certainly possible
    Guildies report a few bugs (missing AoCs, being suddenly booted from instance, trouble getting into Fire etc, but overall seems to be working ok
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

[IMG]
  15. Dre. Altoholic

Headcount mechanics in EQ are silly and they have always been silly.

Whatever the devs think the goal was here will always just be circumvented by just adding characters that were never intended to participate the instance. At best you fill the group with offlines, at worst you get some randos, friends or boxes to pop in and afk. It is pointless. The only practical results this accomplishes are confusing your players, frustrating your players and wasting your players time.

Whether its LDoNs, group tasks, raid format for Tacvi, 6 heads in Felwithe for Valdoon, or a group full of bots for Anguish... what are you trying to achieve other than annoying your playerbase? "Warning: This event might be too hard for you"? After one "Oops I zoned in and the mob killed me.... rez in lobby oh well" players will have figured that part out.

And let's not forget that 9/10x the player already knows what they are going up against, and on the chance they they don't, 9/10x you have a pretty good idea of whether it's a group or raid instance by which window it pops.

EQ would be wise to get rid of every form of minimum event headcounts.

-------

I was also incredibly disappointed to read that AoC's lock out all characters on a server/account. Look. On a prog server, I get it. But on live? What's the point?

"Sorry, OldFriendWhoJustReturned, I can't run you through your favorite old event by the time it's pointless for you because 5 days ago I did that for someone else. You'll be level 70 before the weekend anyway"

Logic, good faith and hope would see these quickly addressed.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Kogmaw like this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Whomever getting your AoC information from, you should stop listening because they obviously don't know what they are talking about.

AoCs were designed exactly for the purpose of easing access to targets in era. On Live, the target audience will likely be many levels above the zone average. That's certainly going to mean no experience.
  17. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

HEY NOW! we'll have none of that common sense round these parts! Take that somewhere else!
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Totally agree. I have no idea what problem they thought they were trying to solve.

Don't all raid zones in current content have lockouts? Why would AoCs be any different?
  19. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

so why is it that so many people are complaining about the same thing? are we to assume they are just lying?
  20. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

because we're talking about 15+ year old content. I think we all understand when the lockout is for the one nerd who zones in. But for every toon on every account in group? That is what is being disputed.