Moment of Silence for PermaCamp Farmers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

For all the no life EQ 24/7 TOV/VT/Kael/Fear/etc farmers who blocked everyone else from content we should have a moment of silence because TODAY IT IS OVER!

[IMG]
  2. bobokatt Augur

Whah? What I miss?
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Test Update from last week that should go live today:

September 8, 2021

*** Highlights ***

- Agents of Change are now available for all-access members on all servers.
    Nennius and bobokatt like this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Oh, so Rangers can finally get the fastest bow for old-version headshotting?
    And IVU clickies, human illusion clickies, and other crap from Vex Thal is now a possibility?
    Epic drops, what?!?

Hallelujah!
    SmellyFinger, Stymie, Nennius and 4 others like this.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Just in time for the new expansion to have those clickies drop in a new Vex Thal.

Or maybe global 'chase' drops? like the rares in Underfoot?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Hey now. I farm Kael frequently (and have quite the running gag on the server about it) but it's not for plat. It's because Most Tmax loots + Tmax head + Statue sword + most AoW loots are good tribute. All that (30k-300k tribute) for maybe 5 mins of time. Sure PoP bows can be cranked out for more.. but that doesn't include material farming (or buying) and not like everyone who kills various mobs are always the same. I don't keep Kael on lockdown, for instance, but I'm normally the one getting shout outs cause no one else really cares.

I feel more for PoFear golems, due to the epics tied to them. The only other one listed there of consequence, IMO, is NToV, if someone wants an Abashi rod.
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  7. Triconix Augur

It's been far too long since I killed Naggy on my main. Time for that guy to die in a single hit.
  8. demi Augur

lol if you think AoC is going to stop the peeps perma camping a spot .. from what ive learned on AoC's is that the mobs dont respawn and a 7day lockout per account/server ? so how is that gonna stop them .. I mean its good news for the people that need those items sure .. but its not really gonna make any difference to the 24/7 bot armies ..
  9. demi Augur

there is and has been for a while an NPC that you can hail and kill for the epic pieces a harbringer of fear ...
  10. Triconix Augur

Probably not, but they are no longer going to lock content out for the entire server. Their presence no longer has a negative impact.
  11. Thraine Augur

most servers have that person that keeps old world open raid mobs on lockout, this is a nice change for those of us who occasionally enjoy a romp through kael or where ever and want to see some boss mobs.
    Stymie, Dre. and Skuz like this.
  12. ranjaboy New Member

Can someone explain what the AoC does and how it affects the perma-campers?
  13. Trugar New Member

Agent of change gives you an instances version of the zones, with ALL raid named up.
    Some group named cant spawn in AOC though and most dont repop.
    its basically instancing content before we had expeditions
    Aka everyone can get 1 of every classic/kunark/velious/pop/Por raid zones.

AOC lockout is account wide, kicks in once a noc dies.
    you can use Mercs inside an AOC
    Lockout is only for accounts who are online ...
    AOC's dont always follow OW content, aka no level restrictions on Naggy etc, some mechanics are also broken in AOC's.
  14. demi Augur

15. Kazz99 Elder

20 year old content was still being sought after on live servers???? umm, ok. I mean I am all for AoCs being put on live, its just a little surprising to hear that this stuff is still being killed on spawn.
  16. Ozon Augur

People love nostalgia, but also some items are still useful. Say IvU earring in Vex Thall very handy in ToV/CoV. Shrink clicks not as much but useful.
    henry0918, Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  17. Evye Augur

You lose too many stats from the BoD for headshot dps. I parsed it in TBL iirc with a BIS bow back then. Just an my findings. Back in TBL BIS bow was about = to BOD dps wise with headshot.

18. Kolani Augur

BoD is the worst possible bow, there is no old-version headshotting on any server. You're giving up a not-insignificant chunk of hdex.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

but back in like House of Thule - Veil of Alaris days it was the weapon of choice for headshotting. Hence why I said "old".