TLP ideas.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Diastolin, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Diastolin New Member

They should add a Bazaar to commons, All/All race and class options available in classic or, create a new class/race for classic. Enc/Rog, Wizard knight, Enc/War. Something like that would be great fun. I really like the idea of 10-20% exp bonus for group leaders. Last but not least, let us play alts in group with AI. Hence you can pay 5-10 a month extra for each alt you want to add to your group. I would love to have a custom made team or pair and fill out group with players.
  2. Arctodus Elder

Well, I feel the best thing that could be done is a graphic update. This will never happen even with new ownership. A new TLP with a new graphic engine would possibly bring a few of my mates back.
  3. Blarghest New Member

Day 1 launch with bazaar would be nice. I think that's the most universally desired change that people I've played with want. Personally, I'd add Out of combat Regen too. The QOL changes that took (honestly) way too long to go into the live game should not be restricted to the era they finally were introduced in. They were late originally. You have the opportunity to correct a mistake/delay...take it.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Gio1999 Augur

[IMG]
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I kinda like having that old-worlde feel from commons tunnel trading early on a TLP, I'm not opposed to a Bazaar feature per say just that I think it was a part of EQ that should stay at least for classic.

While I am very much in favor of having Beastlord & Berserker as available classes during classic on TLP there are real issues around having every race able to be any class.

Some races don't have the required armor sets for all of the classes, and some miss animations for some classes.
    Those issues would not be resolved without completely rebuilding several Classic & Luclin era model (the original files for them are lost). That might be something that could be done much more easily after a full graphics engine update perhaps.

The game uses a register that limits EQ to 16 classes and 16 races, therefore creating additional new races or additonal new classes is not possible without changing a very deeply embedded piece of core code that would have impacts across almost every single system within the game - and has the potential to actually break EQ big time and /or necessitate so many other systems being changed to adapt to it that it could be far too expensive to do.

I really like the idea of Berserkers having damage bonuses from drinking booze and being absolutely inebritated also making Berserkers take less damage, alas this idea probably has a better chance than yours does and it won't happen.

We already had a "Leadership AA" come and go anyway.

And how would GM identify the difference between a paid AI alt and a cheater using third party software to automate?
    This would just give a green light to even more AFK bots.

There's a reason boxing is harder than playing just 1 character, doing it "properly" is not for everyone.
  6. Abundant Elder

Or go live/mercs??
    Blarghest likes this.
  7. Xhartor Augur

1. Why not just put the tribute master in-game with classic and allow players donate items but keep the benefits locked until GoD, so players can build a tribute pool by donating all the worthless junk they are too lazy to sell in commonlands?

2. I think you are more likely to get later expansion starts then have Dev engage in the headache of making future races and classes available during classic. Just look how heavily Iksar are tied to Kunark, all the and quests are part of that expansion. They don't fit in any of the existing classic cities, and it would just weird moving them back to Cabilis when Kunark unlocks.

3. EQ has a storied history of class balance Nightmares. They are have serious class balance issues that in different era of the games. Non-Monk melee classes are bad dps in Classic - Velious, caster are awful dps during 4 expansion 70's era. The time spent designing a new class and ability could be put into addressing those issues. PS. Enc/War already exists it's called a Bard.

4. On TLP's they have removed exp race/class exp adjustments, can't see them adding one in for group rank.

5. This feature already exists, it's called a merc and it unlocks with SoD.