CoV expansion is 25% off.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

CoV expansion is now 25% off (not including membership discount).

You get decent savings:

Premium Edition: $35 off
    Collector Edition: $22.50 off
    Standard Edition: $8.75 off

This is before tax (if applicable) and the membership discount (10%). This is not the upgrade savings.

The 25% discount may be worthwhile for folks who want to upgrade boxes to CE or PE. By buying the expansion upgrade now, you will guarantee yourself 999 /claim for the Othmir merc contract and CoV teleports. (Re-released Collector Editions - as of late - have only been single claim).

I think some controversy now remains with the discount for Standard Edition. Some argue 50% should be applied to Standard since there are no goodies and the next expansion includes all previous expansions.

Edit: I do hope that future Premium/Collector Editions will make the expansion illusion 999 claim especially for the price (which I am fine with as it is a source of revenue/funding).
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

20 quid for Dragons Forge or buy the feature from the market place and get COV expansion included with the next expansion, decissions, decissions.
    Benito likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Great point. I think the 125 slots is nice but nothing super special. It might be listed for 1500 DBC so saving 3 months of DBC might outweigh the expac unless you really wanna play box(es) in it to catch up.

Edit: There's also the Christmas 40% marketplace discount if you don't mind waiting. (That discount may or may not happen this year).
  4. demi Augur

dont you need CoV for dragons hoard ? didn't think you could buy the slots from market without having the expansion it was released in ? but not sure

and yes I feel like the base expansion should be 50% off as it doesnt include anything other than the expansion ..
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

It will likely be like all the previous expansion features like the Key Rings where the feature is only "free" until the next expansion is out then you have to buy it
    demi and Benito like this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I believe Yinla means that Dragon Hoard feature will no longer be included once we move on to the Luclin expansion. If you don't buy CoV, you won't have the feature at all. The feature itself will be listed separately in the marketplace.
    CatsPaws and demi like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It didn't happen last year. That was the year of the fiasco 20% discount which then morphed to a 15% just on bags. So don't count on discount at Christmas, Tiny Tim.
    Benito likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

True. I may have been thinking of 2019 or 2018.
  9. demi Augur

I just realized the sale only goes from Sept. 14th thru Oct. 11th .. thats not even a month .. for those of us who only get 1 more paycheck this month which is already spoken for cause of Rent and other bills do on the 1st .. i'll have 1 more check on or around the 10th of Oct. that i'll have to set aside funds for this sale (if i decide to purchase it) .. thanks DB for the 1. advance notice 2. the unusually short sale time ..

usually didn't we have like almost 6 to 8 weeks of the sale ? before the next expansion pre-order ..
  10. Riou EQResource

Last year was Sep 1 to Oct 20
    demi likes this.
  11. demi Augur

so why dont they give us till the 20th this year ? or the 30th even .. beta only usually goes for 4 weeks iirc ..
  12. Bobokin Augur

Benito, do I even have to post? o_O
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Last year beta ran from 21st October to 7th(ish) December. Day before CoV went live.

It looks like we will either have a slightly longer beta this year or the expansion will launch slightly earlier.

Time will tell. :)
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

25% isn't enough of a discount but just an other example of the new owners going out of their way to milk the old cash cow.
    Fenthen and Aenvar like this.
  15. Elskidor Augur

It's decent for upgrading but nothing special for standard.
  16. Kittykattz New Member

Nice! Literally just purchased the expansion a day ago for account #8 at full price! Guess I should do a charge back and rebuy.....
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just a reminder to folks who may be thinking of getting the collector/premium edition for the port clicky you can drop in the guildhall, it goes to the same place as the guild portal. So, just be aware of that.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Stymie Pendragon

I'm sorry to hear that. It's really bad timing, but Daybreak doesn't take kindly to charge backs. I advise not doing it if you want to keep your account. They tend to close accounts that do a charge back for pretty much any reason.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Don't do a chargeback.

Message customer service (petition) or private message Accendo (he may direct you to the proper resource). They might be able to help you.
  20. Slasher Augur

It was 25% last year also. Still why bother right ? save $8 but wait a month and you can just preorder the new expansion. Its not worth it and a clear failure in marketing for them.
    Fenthen, Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  21. Tucoh Augur

Luclin preorder when?