Black screen in full screen mode

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ambee, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Ambee Elder

For the last few days whenever I select the server to play on, instead of loading the character select screen everything just goes black. If I edit eqclient.ini to load in windowed mode it works and I am able to switch to full screen I'm in game I can switch back to full screen with no problems and even /camp which will take me to the server select screen in full screen mode just fine.

Any solutions to this? A real pain to have to edit the file then fix my UI, since things move around between windowed and full screen, every time I want to login
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Right Mouse button Click the EQ Icon, select Properties then compatibility then put a check in the box for "disable full screen optimizations" hit apply then run as administrator the first time you log in
    Accipiter likes this.
  3. Ambee Elder

And problem solved, thank you sir
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Arcolin New Member

I had this same problem for beta , but never for live , Ty Skuz for the work around and fix !
    Skuz likes this.
  5. GlassDeviant New Member

If you are listening to YouTube in the background, make sure it's in default view. Something about its theatre mode and fullscreen mode interferes with EQ fullscreen mode.