Agents of Change - Primer for using?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

DB thank you so much for the Agents of Change! One of the hugest features I've been looking forward to! Planning on working on some of these old hunter zones again.

Many of us haven't used the AOC can we get the wisdom cannon for those of us eager to use this feature? Supposedly you have to be grouped? in a raid? 6 players total? Does everyone have to zone in? Can they be offline like Anguish? No respawns? Are named in zone?

Thank you!

Duder likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

mostly like other DZ's, no respawn, named can pop yes, 7 day lockout on your account (server?) after beating it
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Enuen Journeyman

One big note: DZs provide almost zero xp. They are not meant to provide you with your own private leveling zone - you're popping a DZ for the loot. (They're also really convenient for turn-in quest mobs!)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. Azzudien Augur

1. Need 6 players in group to use AOC, can be 1 player online 5 offline. No level requirements
    2. No everyone does not have to zone in
    3. Most trash does not respawn, there are exceptions
    4. Raid mobs will be spawned when created. Quest mobs have chance to spawn, example spawn a Skyfire zone for Talendor and some epic quest mobs may be spawned in zone, but is not automatic, just Talendor would be.
  6. quakedragon Augur

So say I'm doing epic,
    I need phinny's loot.
    Do I just do AoC, goto Phinny, kill him. he doesn't drop my loot.
    Exit
    Do AoC again, kill phinny again. he drops my loot. I bounce?

Is that how AoC is meant to be used?
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

If do again, you mean wait 7 days ... I guess.

Phinny is one of the many epic 1.0 mobs that has a harbinger of XXXX available when the actual mob is not up. If you are a class that has an epic piece from that mob, you can hail and go through the harbinger's text to get a special version of the mob to spawn with epic drops on it.
    Wyre Wintermute, Tucoh, Skuz and 4 others like this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

They said they were going to reduce the xp in DZs but I don't think they ever did. I asked this question in a similar thread a couple of days ago.
  9. Azzudien Augur

You have to wait 7 days to do again. The big advantage of AOC's is the ability to have scheduled raid times where you know your targets will be up. If your in a guild killing open world targets, you can double up each week and get the open world version and the DZ version of the same target.
    It also allows every capable guild on a server to get the same target each week. Boss XYZ is always killed by big bad #1 guild so lesser guilds never get chance. With AOC every guild has chance to kill Boss XYZ.

Experience in a DZ is kinda mute since trash doesn't respawn so regardless of the exp rate you will have limited targets.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Most of us will be killing greys, so I don't think it really matters.
    Accipiter likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, yeah. I forgot I was in Vet Lounge.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. zarcal Elder

You went YES over Bowie... Marr have Mercy
  13. Estalia Journeyman

One thing to note that live will probably see more of an issue with, aoc give lockouts to the entire account.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Account not server?
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

All of the characters on the same server for an account are DZ locked when 1 character from that server gets a DZ lockout from an AoC.

Regular DZ can be used by any character on the same server and they only get lockouts that affect the 1 singular character involved not all the others on the same server from that account too.

So if you wanted to farm an Abashi for a character you would get 1 chance per week per server per each account owned provided that each time you soloed the instance.
  16. Grove Augur

A couple of points to clarify, please:
    When the instance goes up, all of the raid mobs are up -- no waiting up to three days?
    If you have achieved your goal in instance zone one, can you put that zone down and request a different instance before seven days pass? Maybe even immediately after closing that one?
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The raid targets are up when the instance is spun up, any named that are not there when the instance is spun up will not appear as there is no respawn in AoC DZ

As in can you maybe kill one Raid mob of several and then come back to it later on?
    Not if you drop the dz no, and the DZ is only available for a limited time (12 hours with someone in it, I think they shut down after a couple of hours with nobody inside).

You can kill 1 to however many bosses you want to in a AoC DZ, drop it and get a AoC DZ for a completely different zone, though you will not be able to return to the earlier AoC DZ to finish it doing that.
  18. Trugar New Member

AOC zones generally have a lockout timer, loot lockout,mob specific lockout.
    Lockout timer is generally a few hours,until npc dies then its generally 3 days i say
    once any raid mob dies, its gednerally locked out all week, so unlike some expeditions you cant just pop back in l the next day.
    Phinny AOC spawns you at Phinny no swimming through Kedge, so nice :)
    Naggy AOC spawns you up at fire giants i recall etc .
    Classic rare items just dived in value if your holding any, sorry :(
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  19. quakedragon Augur

AoC question.
    So they plan to make zones cross server compatible.
    How about the Arena.
    If I go to the Arena is there going to be a world/all server option? So a Luclin player can fight a Xegony player?

I'm sensing a Best of the Best tournament next year if so.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nothing has ben said by Daybreak about cross-server anything, except communication which already exists.

Several players have suggested that would be a way to make LFG easier though.
    Yinla likes this.