Hat Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Udayan, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Udayan New Member

What's the minimum tailoring skill needed to attempt these? I'm at 265 unmodded. 302 with mod, and it keeps telling me my skill is not sufficient enough.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Have you checked EQ traders to see if the information is there?
  3. Udayan New Member

Yeah, all I saw was the trivial 335
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

For future reference that is what trivial means.

So for this example the trivial or the least skill needed to create those items is 335.

Because of the nature of RNG in the game you may be successful at creating one lower, but it cannot be counted on everytime. While the trivial code will work around 90% of the time.

So at 302 you are 33 skill points too low.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think they are talking about a different problem where they are not even allowed to make an attempt because their skill is too low. I know for some recipes you need a minimum skill before you can even attempt it.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can also get that error message if your using the wrong items or the wrong container.
  7. Udayan New Member

Correct. I have all the materials and the right container. I put it all in there, hit combine, and I get the message "You are too inexperienced in your craft to even consider attempting this combination"

So what's the minimum skill level needed to attempt these?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

302 unmodded. 325 with mod.

this is from an alternate forum

and personal tailor
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Probably 300. If you're on a TLP, it may require a given expansion to be unlocked also (not RoF, even though they're RoF recips)
  10. Froglok Augur

Did you make the head first? You have to make the Skull into a head (with the fur) and then use that to make the hat ornament.
  11. Lianeb Augur

All of the player made animal Hat ornaments I could find on eqtrader say:

Your modified skill must be at least 325 to attempt this combine.

posted right above the trivial level number