Called it

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elite_raider, Sep 9, 2021.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Dude seriously?

I said THE DEVS DON'T CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

Do you seriously think they are still remembering how many people went to the crazy guy's one day zek rally?
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Obviously, they do care. They checked on the event. They need more people to make more money.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

4. Machen New Member

I've seen them reference it a half dozen times since then, including fairly recently. So, I think you only wish they don't care one way or another. Actually they do.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Well I stand corrected.

And them putting a new hire on spelling corrections to PvP text would seem to prove your point.
  6. Machen New Member

They fix random spelling stuff all the time, even for things no one will ever see or use any time soon.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I remember the event happening, the zek server was at low population before and during the event according the the official server status screen. Also from what I remember people who were there posted that there was under 200 people who attended the event.

As a side note saying you took part in the event with 6 accounts doesn't do anything to show that lots of people attended and in fact suggests that a lot of the people attending were bots that joined to make it look like more people showed up.
    Cicelee and Stymie like this.
  8. RABKkehhalla Elder

How does him having 6 characters there make them bots?
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They are bots from the perspective that it is a single player playing multiple accounts in order to make it seem like more players are in the zone at the event.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I was one person there with 6 accounts. I wasn't the only one. It was funny and a joke then, nobody thought it was actually going to move any needle.

Machen claims they were keeping close track of population and that's meaningful in some way. Even if only "nope, not reached the mark yet"

I don't care about PvP. I play on Zek for fun, I don't PvP. You don't ever have to engage another player to play on Zek.

I support the real people that are asking for PvP, and I acknowledge they are few.

I've said, ignore the newbs around here with TLP PvP signatures and the like. We all know what they are.

I'm just saying DP was perfectly able to know how many people and how many alts there were. They've since been bought by another company. And I don't think that metric means what it once meant.

Everyone can cognitive dissonance the Spelling fix as 'random' stuff they do all the time. <shrug> we'll see.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

I wonder how many on Zek would be opposed to a PVP TLP as it would potentially hurt their server even more if people left to go play on a fresh TLP.
  12. RABKkehhalla Elder

Ohh you mean boxes. Not automated characters. Got it.
  13. Machen New Member

I don't see why the devs would be concerned--they never have shown the slightest concern for how new tlp's will impact existing servers.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Oh I know, I'm was more musing on the actual players, the posts here would like you to believe there are hundreds maybe thousands of PVPers just dying to throw money at DBG for a PVP TLP. How do the people who actually play on the only PVP server feel? I'd imagine a good chunk would also be against it as it would just split the already small playerbase.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

In fairness the only ones I've ever seen post have been supportive.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It's an interesting question. I don't guess there are thousands on Zek. As far as I know there are two guilds of any note that raid.

On Zek they have not seen any dev attention, not even a spelling fix, for so long. I'm sure they would be supportive of TLP PvP just to garner any attention at all.

From what little I know, mainly I've read:
    Real Zek player's issues are mainly about a balance pass to abilities. There was a pass made years ago to mitigate certain abilities that did so much damage they would 'one shot'.

Code changes happened after and Zek was never revisited. Now there are some classes that are king and pretty much one shot, and some classes that are almost not viable (for PvP).

Also with the way live and tlp players treat Zekkers on the forums, they occasionally try a stab at interacting with the community, then go back to isolation. There are some people that play there though, if you were ever interested to check it out.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

If anything, Mischief has shown that creating a TLP with out of the box rulesets can have interesting results. They don't need or should even want each TLP server to be an attempt at repeating Phinigel's success.

They should, with regularity, release a "standard" TLP server while also releasing one with goofy rulesets, just to see what would happen. In 2021 PvP would count, as would a hard-mode TLP or one with a huge XP bonus + perma death and open corpse loot.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. Nolrog Augur

If it was 10,000 there would be a PvP server today. The fact that it was closer to 10, and you were 6 of them, is the reason there is not one. To argue the devs don't care is pushing past the bounds of reality. They have repeatedly said show us there is a demand and it's something we will consider. That's not a no and that's not a we don't care.

And how is that in any way relevant? Why are you bashing the organizer? The fact of the matter is that he tried to put something together and it proved there isn't the demand. Any way you look at it, there is no evidence there is demand for a PvP server and the Devs fixing a typo doesn't change that fact.
    Skuz and Cicelee like this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Today Tucoh wins the FIRST EVER AWARDED Oracle's "I'm not suffering from cognitive dissonance and can see from the perspective of what a business would do" Award!!

Congratulations!
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Mischief is like pizza.
    Phinny is like bran flakes.

Now, that I’ve had pizza I’m not going back to bran.