Coming back to Live, specifically Agnarr!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MetalBabble, Aug 23, 2021.

1. MetalBabble New Member

My friend and I have decided to return to EQ Live and are going to play on Agnarr. We’d like the idea of a locked TLP server. How’s the population? Are there any active raiding guilds left on Agnarr? How’s the economy? Lastly, what’s a great duo? We are thinking Druid/Monk or Shaman/Monk.
  2. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Agnarr aint live. Monk/shaman is fine.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  3. MetalBabble New Member

It’s live compared to p99. That’s where we are coming from.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

Sham SK is an even better combo. Good luck dude and hope you enjoy the server.
  5. c313 Augur

The economy is essentially dead. The server has a VERY small active player base. There is no early game. Max level is where 99% of your enteraction will begin.
  6. Anklepoker New Member

Either of those duos will do fine. Get a single krono and sell it to then buy a fungi tunic and cloak of flames to make leveling easier. You will likely see more people leveling alts over Labor Day weekend.

There are like three guilds that clear Time and LDoN raids on a weekly basis. I think all 3 also do Vt on a weekly basis. Very casual and laid back server. I enjoy it. Quite a few (I dare say most that actually play here) wish it would open to oow though.
    Herf likes this.
  7. MetalBabble New Member

Thanks for the input. Is the population really low? We love p99. But, we wanted to give Agnarr a try.
  8. MetalBabble New Member

We don’t mind about early game. We are creating a duo team. Is the population so low that the server isn’t worth playing in?
    Herf likes this.
  9. MetalBabble New Member

That was my second choice, Sham / SK! :)
  10. Anklepoker New Member

The population is low but the mindset of those here is generally they don’t want new expansions every other month. I wouldn’t consider playing anywhere else. With either monk/sk and sham/Druid you will level just fine. It really doesn’t take a ton to get to max level. Get thorns/temp/regen and you can be 16ish in field of bone in 2ish hours with no pots/bonuses. From there fungi helps a good bit. Unrest or upper guk to 25ish in another couple hours. Lguk to 40ish. At 55 you can join ldon groups. Paw will get you 60-65 in under a day w Labor Day exp I’d imagine.
    Herf likes this.
  11. NinjutsuMMO Augur

If you like p99 then you understand the appeal with a locked era server.

For me personally I like to come and go whenever I want and not have to worry about catching up on 1,2,3 or more expansions worth of gear or AA’s and such so Agnarr is the best server for me and the only locked one.
    It allows me to play casually whenever I want and log into some seriously powerful characters and have some fun either grouping or raiding.
    You’ll find more people online when raids are scheduled from the main guilds but there is always something to do and people to play with..

Agnarr is the best server I’ve ever played on and I even leave to make a few Kronos on the new tlp serves when they come out for a month or two but I always go back to Agnarr
    Herf likes this.
  12. nagash101 Augur

I would start on Thornblade or Mischief, both are random loot free trade servers. My friends and myself are of the opinion that it is one of the best server rule sets the devs have ever come up with. Super easy to gear toons and you can kill in almost any zone you want and get good loot. you will see loot that you have never seen before and exp in zones that are normally empty because the named mobs dropped nothing good.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Herf Augur

Agnarr is low pop but we're very fun loving. There are 3-4 active raiding guilds (one euro, others US) Lots of people box but will make space for a live player in their group. Since we all want more players we treat people well; very friendly. Free buffs at PoK soulbinder. Lately I've seen lots of impromptu groups popping up to help total strangers get epic drops done.

Very few bad people. I'd have to work hard to think of even one. The only people who verbally abuse people in chat channels are friends or guildmates :)

Key thing to enjoy Agnarr is to lvl, and find a guild. The former is done by getting free buffs (temp, dmg shield) in PoK and quickly moving through field of bone, kurns (to 18-19'ish) then Paludal to 23...mumble...and do Iceclad cougars at 24-26.

It pays to be aggressive looking for groups. Go to a zone, if tehre's a group there, ask if they have an opening; often it's a box team and they will make space.
  14. Leifer1969 New Member

If Agnarr wasn't true-box I would play there. And I would guess many more would also.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  15. Herf Augur

If you like friendly play, and are happy with being loocked at PoP/Ykesha/LDoN, you should def. check out Agnarr, particularly with a likely bonus coming soon, which brings everyone out of their holes :)
  16. Neemo1983 Journeyman

Or come over to TAKP. Just started myself , free server, good community, 3 box max. Only downside is old client but you get used to it.
  17. Xeris Augur

Agnarr is the only answer. You'll notice that the only people who say bad things about this server aren't actually playing on it :p

Population is high enough to let you do what you want to do, as long as you're not expecting thousands of players on all the time.
    Herf likes this.
  18. Montag Augur

Agnarr is awesome.

I’m having fun on Mischief too right now but it’s really just to make Kronos to take back to Agnarr with me some day when mischief gets to the crappy expacs or the grind gets to be too much again.

For lots of us Agnarr will always be home.
  19. Machen New Member

Right, so doesn't actually play on Agnarr, but you should because it's great! (Unless you want to farm krono to take back to Agnarr, then Mischief is probably better.)
  20. Xeris Augur

You just always dump on Agnarr, lol. He said in his post that Agnarr is home. You realize you can play multiple servers, right? I play new TLPs when they come out to farm Kronos too. But Agnarr is always my home base in EQ.

Also he's got like 100% ra in my guild so I think he and I both play on Agnarr quite a bit :p
    Montag likes this.