Firiona Vie made me thirst...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SmoochyOfWolfington, Sep 10, 2021.

1. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Back in the day, I thought the high elf who graced the covers of the Everquest game boxes was pretty hot. I also liked the dark elf (mage?) who was on the cover/inside cover, but in the back ground of one of them. Although that was many years ago, since she/they have elven blood, she/they have probably only aged a couple of weeks, even though it has been two decades for us humans. So yea, she is still pretty hot. Anyone else agree?
    Duder likes this.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'd like to derail this thread and invite everyone to discuss their favorite vegetable

Mine is broccoli, followed up closely by onion
  3. Randomized Augur

Sweet potato for sure
  4. Duder Augur

Do you think there is a Firiona variety of peach?
    Celephane likes this.
  5. Stymie Pendragon

She's not as hot as you may be remembering. Once the ale wears off she looks like this!

[IMG]
  6. Gyradore New Member

FV ready to start doling out handies
    Gyurika Godofwar and Stymie like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I used to think of Firiona Vie as an Enchanter or Wizard going by what she wore on the cover art,and the staff she wielded - however she was apparently also a Princess.

Turns out she was a Paladin who just took several years to finally find any armour to wear, and in EQ NEXT she was re-cast as a Ranger in that game's lore.

She has no lineage from being the child of a deity such as her main adversary Lanys T'Vyl has and was actually fairly weak in combat, which I always felt did her a great disservice as the brand ambassador of the game.

She's a High Elf and they are all beautiful, but I never considered her to be particularly hot as among her race she's a beauty among an entire race of beautiful people so there's actually nothing special about her really.

Since I'm an Ogre what appeals to me is strength, skill in battle and the grit and determination of a warlord not aesthetic beauty and Ogre females have immense strength and great skill in battle that should be both feared and respected.

Maybe the next expansion's art should feature a powerful Ogre female fighter or priest alongside or even instead of the pretty Firiona Vie?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is she killable? No....next!
  9. bobbin Elder

Butterface

10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Technically yes she is, if you fail to keep her healed during some TDS raids.
  11. Tour Augur

This.

She was the worst raider we ever had. She would Leeroy Jenkins all over the place, get in way over her head, and was the bane of every healer in the guild. I rather have the mage or enchanter FV that sits in the back and just safely lobs spells, not the suicidal pally FV that charges the opposite side of the event area with no concept what so ever of what heal range is (okay, maybe that's a pretty accurate mimic by the AI of player behavior...). The only saving grace was that you could DA her to buy you some time to control the situation.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Marton and Skuz like this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Fixed it for you.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I'm surprised at how many times over the years an official EQ artist comes out with art of FV that makes her look like she's about 100k USD in surgery from passing as a woman. Reality sets such unrealistic expectations for fictitious women.

[IMG]

Vs

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar and Stymie like this.
  14. Marton Augur

I remember those raids. Fun times! :D
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Definately would be hot if my favorite artist Luis Royo made a sculpture of her! This one looks old and worn down. Just goto ebay and do luis royo scultpure lots of good stuff superman batman wonder woman plus all his sexy ones of women in general good stuff.

Andarriel
  16. Tucoh Augur

17. Stymie Pendragon

To be fair, I've had it in a storage bin for 20 years. At one point I had twins because I bought 2 copies to box way back then. The twin and the staff are both long gone at this point.:)
    Andarriel likes this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

Old Fironia is looking more and more like Wendy From Breaking Bad. Good enough for Jessie, Skinny Pete and Badger I guess.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Stymie and Zaray like this.
  19. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Oh... she is suppose to be holding a staff? I thought it may of been one of the Japanese figurines in suggestive posies...
    Stymie likes this.
  20. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Potatoes - Potato Mastermind - Part 1 - YouTube

Onions and garlic

Cabbage

Edamame

Carrots