Ok let's scrap perks asap [DEVS]

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by narcissistic_person, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Silver-Crow Augur

Blatent cash grab over and above the sub. This will just be the start to soften us up for the type of p2w nonsense that's ruined eq2. Sure you don't have to have them now, but how long before all new features will require a 'perk' subscription.

it's a slippery slope....
  2. Veronious New Member

I personally would like to see a 10-15% static exp boost, rather than a multiplier; I would spend 5 bucks on that alone. Especially for a semi-casual player who only plays 15-18 hours a week, (8 of which are raiding) keeping up on AA and such has always been a struggle for those who don't devote hours a night to EQ. The inventory slot, and coin boost are great, and I think will help those casual players. I know it's not a popular opinion, but casuals should not be multiple expansions behind the curve in the group game.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

18 hours a week is 3 hours a day 6 days a week lol only in an MMO would that be considered "semi casual"
    Appren likes this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

3 month sub - 1 perk
    6 month sub - 2 perks
    12 month sub - 3 perks

of course, it'd be nice if the perks were worth anything.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

+1 and a LOL
  6. PewtDog New Member

Can we get some move speed perks?
    RABKkehhalla likes this.
  7. Xeris Augur

Just play a bard. Problem solved.
  8. Triconix Augur

You get AAs and Journeyman's Compass. Congratulations, you now have move speed perks.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. RABKkehhalla Elder

I wouldn't be opposed to 10% movement perk.
  10. taliefer Augur

I like these perks. they are minor quality of life boosts at best, for a pittance of a price. ill be getting them on my main account, but not for my boxes. such a minor thing for people to be so spoiledbratty over.
    Genoane likes this.
  11. taliefer Augur

the marketplace was a "slippery slope" towards pay to win and buying top quality raid gear direct from EQ too, according to the playerbase. how many years ago was that? lowest grade slop ever.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Nice way to join the thread. Perhaps you missed what people are really concerned about. No one (hyperbole) cares about the perks or their costs. They care about the direction in which this takes EQ and the implications for its future.
  13. Nolrog Augur

I agree on all points. I will probably get for my main account, not for the boxes.

The EQ playerbase is prone to over reacting and proclaiming everything is the beginning of the end. I remember when people went bat poop crazy when they changed it that you had to log in for your free station cash and it wouldn't be granted automatically. Logic has no place here.
    Karreck likes this.
  14. taliefer Augur

and those people are just as wrong now as they were about the marketplace taking eq in a "new direction"

its all hogwash
  15. kenmei Augur

the problem is krono and the krono mafia. New owners are just becoming aware of the hustle they got taken for.
    new owners: answer is destroy krono and everything to do with it and give the game back to the players.
    otherwise, good luck trying to cure the terminal cancer you purchased.
  16. RABKkehhalla Elder

What's wrong with Krono? Each Krono has to originate from daybreak at $17.00.
  17. Yteran Lorekeeper

Let people use daybreak cash to buy the perks at exactly the same price, and let people convert krono to daybreak cash.

Also allow people to convert daybreak cash to krono at exactly the same price it is on the website ($17~ so 1700 DBC)

That ought to speed up the process of getting krono on their books, since it is my understanding that it isn't accessible to DBG until the krono is actually consumed. My guess is there is at least tens of thousands of krono currently unused sitting around.
  18. Nolrog Augur

Congratulations. You have just destroyed the Station Store by making things purchasable with in-game platinum, and eliminated a major source of revenue.
    code-zero, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  19. Yteran Lorekeeper

You don't seem to understand that you can't create krono with platinum. You can only buy a krono with platinum that was created by using a credit or debit card.

The station store would likely see an uptick in revenue.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We get 500 free DBC a month, being able to pay for perks with that defeats the object of having an additional charge for them.

Can't you already use a a Krono to get DBC?
    code-zero likes this.