Called it

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elite_raider, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Nolrog Augur

Mad? Who's mad? This is just a connecting of two unrelated things based on a crazy desire that the devs have said is not justified.

Ngreth ties his shoe. Someone on the forums: See, Ngreth tying his shoe is proof they plan to release a PvP TLP. Why would he tie his shoe otherwise? I don't know, maybe he likes his shoes tied. (in this case, someone fixes a typo, and here we are, that's proof that there is a PvP TLP in the works.)

The devs have not even said no on this issue. They have repeatedly said, show us evidence that there would be enough people to play on this and we will consider it. Someone organized a "let's prove we want a PvP" event on Zek. It was a miserable failure. In the last 6 months, every single time that Zek returned a server status, it was low. Every single time. (source, EQ Resource graphs on EQ server status.) There is no evidence, whether Ngreth's shoes are tied, or typo's are fixed, that a PvP TLP would be viable.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. narcissistic_person New Member

"lets prove we want pvp event" - probably the most horrible gauge to pvp interest that is constantly being brought up and beat to death.

EQ Pvpers, and the pansies that want to make little in-game protests whilst holding hands and singing just aren't the same people
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And the alternative method to judging the numbers of interested players that you would like to propose is.......

Tea Leaves?
    Palmistry?
    Putting your finger in your ear as far as it will go & counting how many seconds it takes to start hurting?
    Crystal Ball?
    Astrology?
    Interpreting the Quatrains of Michel de Nostredame?
    Tarot?
    Rolling 12 12-sided die 12 times one at a time and then basing your answer on how many times your cat farted while you were doing that?

Feel free to pick one or make an actual response that doesn't depend upon any form of "build it and they will come" bulls**t thinking.
    Stymie and Skrab like this.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

PVP servers just kill themselves off and loses DPG money. They’re a waste of time.
  5. RABKkehhalla Elder

Sorry forum friends, it's happening.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Everybody show up on Zek at this time and this date in this location. Let's show them that there is interest. I'll post on the forums, in game, on the facebook page. Let's show them.

{very few people show up}

Well this is the most horrible gauge to show PvP interest anyway, because it doesn't support my position.

As I said, the Devs did not say no. So prove the interest. Right now, any possible objective measure is clear that there is not interest.
  7. Shakara Augur

Mangler I think to date has been the most successful TLP so far about to hit SoF and still have around 10 guilds farming the endgame.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

in. your. dreams.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

About the same, maybe a little better than Phinigel had by that point.

Pretty good going.
  10. Machen New Member

It was the players that came up with it, not the devs. The devs just noticed the lackluster results.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Just more cognitive dissonance.

I was there, with 6 accounts.

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts none of you saying it was low attendance were even there.

Could it have been much more to make a good showing? sure.

You guys are all glossing over the fact that there are different factions within the 'we want PvP' narrative.

The person who arranged the event you keep bashing (as if it has any significance to the devs choices now either way), was a little, over the top, shall we say.

There are other people with actual guilds playing on Zek who have an opinion, that I would say does actually matter. To some degree at least.

Then there are the new folks around here saying they want TLP PvP, they keep saying down with boxing too. They keep saying a bunch of stuff in a weak attempt to just start something. I'd ignore them.

At some point DP will do something with the 'vestigial tail' that is PvP.

If you have any awareness of PvP, do you know what those points are for? Are PvP points meaningful in any way? Does them doing something about PvP have huge meaning when it's such a meaningless (in it's current state) thing they changed?
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I love these two statements, lol.
  13. Machen New Member

Phinny had 14 in TBS, 13 of which finished the expansion. A bit better than Mangler.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yeah, let's keep it to those two lines. Read more and.....well, you know.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I did read it at all. I don’t know why you think your post would change the perception of the event, when you admit:

1) A low population event was populated by players with multiple accounts to inflate the event numbers.
    2) PVP is too fractured and niche to even bother addressing.

The event was streamed on Twitch. It was sad.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I WAS THERE.

I'm not trying to change the perception.

I SAID

Whether there were 100,000 there or 10 DOESN'T MATTER to the devs TODAY.

Everyone's protestations to the contrary are pathetic.

I said that event was conducted by a (I'm trying to be nice) 'over the top' person.

I don't think anyone should have taken it as an indication of anything, not at the time, and certainly not now.

Bashing it just seems like ya got nothin'
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I don’t think you know what you’re posting.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Bashing the event that happened that long ago means you got nothin.

Devs don't care one way or another about that event.

Little more clear for ya?
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

But to get back on topic.

The least you can infer is one of the new hires is going around fixing spelling errors. At least they didn't ignore pvp like everyone else wants to do.
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Something that happened doesn’t count?