So this is a thing now....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Senlronia, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[IMG]
    Yes, EverQuest II used to have a /pizza command that would let you order real life pizza to be delivered.

“Pizza is just a few key strokes away! While playing EverQuest II just type /pizza and a web browser will launch the online ordering section of pizzahut.com. Fill in your info and just kick back until fresh pizza is delivered straight to your door.”

I actually would have no issue if this was added to EQ for Darkpaw to make some more revenue.
  2. demi Augur

ditto there
    make it so #1
    Engage
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

EQ 1 had it, as well. It opened up the Pizza Hut website. I remember ordering pizza mid-raid, back in the day.
    Fenthen, Fuelforfire, Stymie and 3 others like this.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yep EQ1 definitely had it
  5. demi Augur

thats weird cause , ive been playing EQ sense beginning and I dont remember the Pizza browser thing ? you sure it was in EQ 1

I also did a google search and only thing that comes up is for EQ 2.. regarding the /pizza
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It was in Everquest 1. During the Velious era, I think.
    Stymie likes this.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

@@ Pizzaa!
  8. demi Augur

well whats funny is if you use /pizza in game now you emote <you eat a slice of pizza> :):( I was actually hoping it still worked .. why did they take that /pizza option out ? did it not do well .. I would of loved to order a pizza right now .. im getting hungry ...
  9. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I started playing EQ in Feb of 2000. It was in EQ 1. I never even logged into EQ2 until the All Access thing.
  10. Febb Augur

A quick google search will put this to rest.
  11. demi Augur

well that just goes to show ya , dont ever get old :p my memory sux ..
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm guessing they figured you could just open a browser window, or more likely, just use your phone to order pizza. Obviously, it depended on Pizza Hut deciding it was worth paying EQ for it.
    Nennius and Winnowyl like this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id guess it was removed because pizza hut is just about the worst.
    Kalvenie and kizant like this.
  14. Kalvenie Elder

I was highlighting this on the other thread.
    It's poor retail mechanics, to not understand how to generate a stable revenue vs a event tied revenue, and it's clear EQs peek income is around specific events.

Brand event vs personal event
    Brand is usually new release vs seasonal sale
    Personal is specific to something happening that might be periodic, ad hoc, or something else.

EQs events are new expansion, new server launch, anniversary, plus public (usually US) holidays.
    EQs players personal events might be a new character, or a change in game play, or wanting something unique.

A subscription boost feels like an attempt at stable continued revenue, probably hoping those that sub, have it on auto- and forget to cancel like all those new gym memberships in JAnuary locked in for 12 months, and only use 2 months! But the challenger and advenutre perk have limited use for the standard player, whether group or raid, (as opposed to a power botter).

The Adventure perk doesn't map out as valuable outside of new expansion or server, and the cost benefit is laughable when you can buy free potions in game as a part of all access DB cash. I did the math. You're better off with LotD and free potions with DB coin than a 5% stackable mod - remember, you don't benefit when you're not actually playing...

The Challenger perk - not really understanding the benefit of discounted loyalty purchase, and merc AAs go up pretty fast with overseer. Is THAT getting nerfed?

The Merchant perk is probably the most feasible to generate revenue from power selling auto-bot farmers, as a long term venture. If you're playing all access for free through Krono buying / selling, I suppose $2.99 for that group is a way of getting some revenue from this group.

You can see the perks are priced as to seem inoccuous. That's the point of a revenue creep.
    To get all there perks, you can move to an annual membership fee rather than montly, where the perks come at roughly the same overall cost then.

If they were actually useful. That would be the route I would take.
    There are plenty of things I would pay for in game. Needing XP, Cash, Storage, Loyalty discounts... are not them.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Sadly, that was my first thought as well. Think I'll max out all my merc AA on my three primary toons before the next expansion...just in case.
    Elyssanda and Kalvenie like this.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Not a bot, not a farmer, not a boxer (although I have 2 accounts), not paying for subscriptions via Krono.. but I love vendor diving for TS items, I like tradeskilling, and 2 extra slots, I am ok with paying $3/mo more. In honesty, since I pay a year at a time, I don't pay a lot for the amount of time I spend in game. and the cost hasn't really gone up for the game in a long time. So its ok to me. I get 2 extra bag slots, that's somewhere between 80 & 88 inventory slots for me, OHHH yes! Come to mama.
    Winnowyl, Yinla and Kalvenie like this.
  17. Kalvenie Elder

:)
    I should add TS lovers to the list hehe. I agree - I think, if you're doing a lot of crafting / trading, and pay a year's sub, with few accounts, the merchant pack might feel more justified. IT really is the only pack that feels tangible .

I'd just start a new account and get more slots from a new character, but the $2.99 vs $14.99 probably feels outweigheted in USD.
    I pay in GBP - they don't seem to have published the currency translation for the packs. They would need to be £0.49 / £0.50 to match-up with the USD pricing.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Pizza Hut is gourmet compared to Little Caesar's.
    Svann2 likes this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

If it was a one-time unlock fee, like 1500 DBC or something, I'd actually think about getting it. But as it's described, you're just "renting" those slots. No way in hell I'm paying for that.

They also have yet to clarify if it's per account (like buying a merc slot) or per toon (like Hero's Forge).
  20. Bigstomp Augur

I like pizza hut, although mostly their pasta stuff. The chicken alfredo is great.
    Nennius likes this.