So this is a thing now....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Senlronia, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Bobokin Augur

Isn't that basically true for all "Pay to Win" aspects of all games that are open ended?
  2. Bobokin Augur

They have to pay back their investors.
  3. Bobokin Augur

Greetings Professor Falken.

A strange game, Everquest.

With these developers in control, the only "winning" move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?
    Stymie, demi and MasterMagnus like this.
  4. Evye Augur

What if everyone got to pick 1 perk free for the 1st month free.
    Treat them like crack addicts... 1st hits free.... see you like it.
  5. Zynt Augur

100% agree and I'll still probably pay for the Trader perk the next time I come back.

It's sad times when GI Joe and Cobra Commander start agreeing with each other.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I always use this quote about Forum Quest!

[IMG]
    Bobokin likes this.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

My guesses:

The two inventory slots will be parceled to you in the same way that a plot's inventory would if you didn't pay the rent.

The 12 slot satchels are likely just very heavy 12 slot bags. So if you turn on trader without perk anything in those satchels wouldn't show for sale. But if you have the perk active, they show for sale. As such you never lose a bag or its contents
    Nennius and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  8. Riou EQResource

The items in those slots have to be taken out otherwise they are unuseable until you pay again, but they seem to remain there otherwise

You lose access to sell the contents of the 12 slot trader bags (in trader mode) until you pay again

Appropriate in game text warnings on it whether in chat or pop up boxes:
    Are you sure you want to consume Krono to add membership time to your account? If you have any Perks the time will not be extended on those Perks.
    You have lost access to some of your inventory bag slots.
    Items in Large Trader's Satchels cannot be sold because you do not have the Merchant's Perk.
    This slot is disabled but you appear to have available space in your inventory.<br><br>Would you like to pick up this container?
    This slot is disabled and you have no space in your inventory to place this item. Please make room and try again.
    This slot is disabled but you appear to have available space in your inventory.<br><br>Would you like to pick up this item?
    Unable to equip all items for bandolier .
    This container slot is disabled. Move this item's container to a usable inventory slot to use this item.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

I hope they have thought this through as carefully as you have. If not, I foresee a series of threads coming.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Past history doesn't bode well.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This just makes that option sound very risky.
    Can you zone to sort bags out or does it have to be done before zoning?

I'm assuming perks work on multiple servers on multiple chars.
  12. kizant Augur

That's one of those items to trick people into buying something that they get almost nothing out of it. And there's really no good reason to use that familiar over Ice Bound Ulthork today.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

It's our fault. How many times have you seen people say , PLEASE give us XYZ, I will happily pay for it!

I will happily pay for "Enables two additional slots in your inventory." 1 perk as a tradeskiller, I will enjoy to no end.
    Sissruukk, Accipiter and Nennius like this.
  14. MarttinPH Augur

I don't see any of the perks being that useful, especially not at that price point. I am also in the camp that Daybreak can simply increase the experience required to level, so in the end the buff is a wash.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I'm not concerned. Those are the type of people that will feel good about getting such a good deal and add another box account, spend on a bag sale, buy some potions, and upgrade an expansion. They're not saving money. They're just reallocating their spending.

Alternatively, you're like friend of mine that bought 3 lifetime subscriptions and within a year closed and DBG delete their accounts.
  16. Hekaton Augur

If they want to sell people on perks they should have given a free one out. Like have you make a permanent non-changeable perk choice and than charge $2.50 each for the other 2 to see if people like em or not I know perks are getting lots of negativity right now but that might have been a better way to roll them out
  17. Yoda Journeyman

Bring back Lifetime accounts. I regret not buying a second one.
  18. Cicelee Augur

So this is good education for me. Drogan familiar is a 3-5% improvement in damage spells. Ice Bound Ulthork is 3-4% improvement, 1100 h/m/e, and 12 mana regen.

So you are saying that 1100 hit points and mana and 12 mana regen is more important than an extra 1% damage increase?
  19. demi Augur

the the extra 2 bag "perk" im guessing we will prolly never see free inventory slots anymore via expansions it will all be done with "perks" with increasing prices ..
    Stymie and Windance like this.
  20. kizant Augur

For one thing, that's an average of 3.5% vs 4% so it's more like a 0.5% difference. Then you have to consider how SPA 124 is calculated for nukes and that it doesn't stack with a lot of things. I'll be surprised if you're getting anything out if but who knows. If the raid is really long and you don't have a bard and you're AEing a lot maybe you'll get a nice 0.1% extra out of it.
    Fenthen likes this.