Return home, not returning home!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Yinla, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Adromeda enchanter on Mischief

Yesterday when I was logging in I noticed she was in Lower Guk, decided that it was more than likely not safe where I camped her out decided to send her home from char select. Instead of going back to Steamfont Mountains she still logged into Lower Guk. Thinking I may have had a blonde moment and hit a wrong button I dismissed it as user error.

Today at char select she was in Burning Woods remembering her inventory was full decided once again to hit the return home button to clear out her inventory before playing again today. Made sure I hit yes to the question do you really want to return home to your home city. I can 100% guarentee that today I did everything right. Once again she did not return home but loaded into where she was at server select Burning Woods.

2 other accounts didn't have any issues either in Guk or Burning Woods they went to Neriak and Surefall Glades without any issues. Adromeda today was on my main comp, yesterday was on the other halfs comp. So I'm pretty sure the issue isn't my end.

Charinfo for Adromeda show as brurning woods (her bind point) Steamfont. Shouldn't Steamfont be Ak'anon?

I'm wondering if this is an issue with this account, as I have issues with this account on AB with my zerker Yinpurr crashing everytime I try and use origin and she ends up somewhere weird each time.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

There is an ongoing issue with zones / load ins timing out and the game just placing characters in some random dump spot rather than being hard coded to put you where you are actually supposed to go- I have primary anchors / gates / ports fail like this almost daily.
  3. Stymie Pendragon

Well, that would stink to have happen. Have you tried deleting the Steamfont zone file and have the game rebuild it? There may be something wrong with it as a possible fix.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Deleted all 12 Steamfont files and she still didn't return home and logged back into Burning Woods.

This looks to be the relevant stuff from the dbg file

There is many more lines the same as [Fri Sep 10 08:16:55 2021]00223:Duplicate actor instance found but not removed.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Similar log from Bellatrix when I return her home from Burning Woods to Neriak

6. Accipiter Old Timer

Have you tried Origin on her? I'm curious if somehow her home city got cleared.

It does seem odd that her original bind is Steamfont.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Origin works fine and sends her to the enchanter guild in Ak'Anon
  8. Poppinfresh Elder

Clicking the Return Home button at character select... doesn't. Live server, three gold accounts, same result. Origin works fine.