Velk's OC group; no named for 2 hours.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dandamek, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Dandamek Lorekeeper

Spent 2 hours at Velk's OC (Outside Castle) and no named. Puller was pulling primarily the vestibule area. The group must have cycled at least 10-15 times. Anybody have this problem? For certain there was no camp stealing and it was just us there. Using primarily Brewall Maps and it says named spawn in those vestibules but absolutely nothing and I'm quite frustrated and flabbergasted. Can't believe just by randomness we didn't get anything. Maybe a glitch or something.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You don't mention which Velks, but no, 2 hours without a named is not uncommon ... especially in old Velks. But even new Velks I've sat in the basement killing golems for 3+ hours without any named showing.

Welcome to Everquest.
  3. Dandamek Lorekeeper

Sorry for confusion, Velk's Labyrinth. Not sure I understand what is Old Velks and New Velks.
  4. Metanis Bad Company

Einstein famously said that God doesn't play dice with the universe. It takes EQ's atrocious random number generator to do that!

(I've actually logged out and rebooted my computer in order to change my luck in game!)
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

RNG never results in the expected averages being the observed norm.

Over far longer periods of time you could count up the nameds and arrive at an average of one an hour, in reality they will "clump" up, kind of what often happens with buses, a few running late, a few running ahead of schedule then you get big gaps between a bunch of buses arriving close together.

So what most players will see is no nameds for extended periods of time some days, while on other days they will see multiple named spawning, sometimes even back to back two, three even four or five times.

All part of the magic of EverQuest.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

SoV version or To V version.

Average is something like 72 minutes, but i've been a few hours without and then had the same named back to back.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. henry0918 Journeyman

You don't mention which Velks, but no, 2 hours without a named is not uncommon ... especially in old Velks. But even new Velks I've sat in the basement killing golems for 3+ hours without any named showing.

Welcome to Everquest.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea old everquest zones can be very rare just depends on rng. Dont ask me about jaggedpine forest and Golden Talon lol was worse than south karana which i didnt think was possible. By the time i actually spawned golden i had around 3k griffon meat looted :(

Andarriel
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

No one has actually explained. Scars of Velious was the 3rd EQ expansion. It had the original Velk's, which is a level 52-60 zone. Torment of Velious came out a couple of years ago. That expansion's Velk's is a level 110-115 zone.
    minimind likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I can almost smell the Cheesy Griffon Casserole!
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Oh yea griffon meat is awesome for baking skillups! like 284! i did griffon melt (275) back in the day.

Andarriel
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.