So this is a thing now....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Senlronia, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Nah, this money goes into servicing debt, the $300million USD that was used to buy DBG.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are missing my point, this is not adding anything new to the game and I see a lot of complaints acting like this is the first pay to win that has ever been added to the game.
    Stymie likes this.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

More pay to win isn't better. It's just more pay to win.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

One might also infer from the quoted post, which specifically mentions the Phinny rollout, as me being very aware this isn't the first.

That was two owners ago.

I didn't miss your point.

You missed mine.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Paying money results in an advantage, it's pay to win. You're just being obtuse.
    Fenthen and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  6. Febb Augur

What advantages do you not like about these perks? All of them or just some of the perks?
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said it was better, just pointing out that this is not something new and EQ has had a model like this for a while.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

OK here we go with the cognitive dissonance.

Don't even bother.

If you want to be pedantic and specific about the definition of 'winning'. But not about the definition of Advantage or Money. I think we all see the difficulty there.
    Kalvenie and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Dunno. My issue isn't P2W. I don't care if people do or don't. My issue is that the perks feature smacks of desperation.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  10. kizant Augur

I don't see the advantage. We're all max level/AA within a week of a new expansion. None of these perks are increasing my DPS on raids. I've never had to buy anything before and I don't need to buy these.
    IblisTheMage, Szilent and Stymie like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is a different point then what I am making. It is just a general response to all the posts that seem to be making a claim that this is introducing pay to win in EQ when it is not.
    Stymie likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, I know. I just picked a post to make my point.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Heard of these things called alts?

Can you truly envision no advantage to any theoretical person, if you can see none for yourself?
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

EQ is built on Pay to Win. This is no difference to having a subscription, you pay to have access to things those who don't don't have.

These are all extremely minor to a lot of other things that can be purchased. None of them are must haves and will have very little if any impact on anyones game play.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Are you ok?
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

We're all aware of that though.

We're taking the next step down the logical path about what this means to the future of EQ. When you consider the amount of things, and their enormous magnitude that need fixed. And this is what they work on?
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You're just replying back to me with my quote to Kizant. EQ is built on P2W.

The problem with these features is it creates a cycle, where DPG doesn't offer quality of life improvements to the game without giving them more money. Tradeskills take too many combines to level up, now there's a solution for a few $$. See the issue?

Remember, when paying a subscription for a game was a big deal and people would argue that the game was designed to maximize subscription versus smooth gameplay.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If they were making so much money, why would they need more money and keep avoiding more stability?
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You keep using that word "all". I do not think that word means what you think it does.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

+10 brother