Hunter mobs not spawning in some DZs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Trebla7th, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Trebla7th Augur

I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but at least several zones seem incapable of spawning rare mobs when Dynamic Zone instances are triggered. Having checked these over a dozen times each myself and talked to others on my server (Aradune) in the hunter community, the following two three zones seem "broken" in that hunter mobs are incapable of spawning in DZs:

* Accursed Temple of Cazic Thule (there are 50 possible rares, anywhere from 2-5% spawn rate seemingly), it's vanishingly unlikely that over dozens of DZs none would have spawned just by chance

* Plane of Fire - Though people seem to remember "Yeah, back when we raided it I saw hunter mobs up", since LDoN launched, they don't seem to spawn in DZs anymore.

* Plane of Earth - Reported below, I personally hadn't noticed this one

* Kod`Taz - Reported by others, not tested by me

Edited to add Plane of Earth as reported by Nenton a dozen or so replies down. Also KT.
    Lanffear and Nenton like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Just to clarify, you are complaining that rare spawns are not showing up in a new pick instance upon creation (and not, you have been in a pick for awhile killing phs and no rares seem to spawn)..

On Live, newly created pick zones never have rare mobs (it is coded into the /pick via a patch awhile back). I have no idea what Aradune/TLPs are like and whether they follow the Live practice.
  3. Febb Augur

If those rares have motm, they will not spawn in Agents of Change instances.
  4. Trebla7th Augur

No, I am not talking about picks at all, just DZs (personal zones requested from an Agent of Change, usually for killing instanced raid mobs). In these zones, NPCs do not respawn. If they are not up when the zone comes up, they will not spawn at all.

I do not believe that any of the Hunter "a rare creature" mobs have MotM buff.

The only reason I bring it up is because this is inconsistent with every other (as far as I know) instanced DZ zone in which rare mobs can spawn when the instance is created.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

I think you mispoke here, MOTM mobs will ALWAYS spawn in an Agent of Change instance and will NEVER spawn in a /oick.
  6. theonepercent Augur

Not entirely true. Lorb Bob for example only has a chance to spawn even if you leave the dz up for the full 6 hours.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Fair enough, even though they don't have MOTM the goats in GoD are the same way.
  8. Febb Augur

oops, yes. Motm mobs won't spawn in picks is what I meant.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Uh... are you sure? That doesn't make any sense.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Absolutely sure. You can easily see for yourself. Be in WW or CS on any Live server's raid night ... the force(s) will usually spawn picks in those zones as they get the raids. Zone into a pick and I guarantee you will not find a single rare mob up.

The first /pick on Live was HH Sebilis and was the first to be affected by the change. There were a lot of pissed pick hoppers/creators.

If picks could spawn rares on Live, we'd see huge bot crews (or motivated raid guilds) manipulate zone numbers to spawn picks. But we don't. You have to work the phs to spawn the rares.

P.S. And it's definitely part of the /pick system and not just a spawn of a zone because you can find rare mobs in zones on server ups.
    Accipiter likes this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

OK, thanks. I'll try it on TLP and see if it's the same there.
  12. Trebla7th Augur

I appreciate the conversation, but it's a bit of a digression. I'm happy to be proven wrong, has anyone ever seen a "rare" NPC spawn in either of the two mentioned zones in a DZ?

Edit: if so, please include date and server
  13. Nenton Augur

Rare/Named mobs don't spawn in PoFire AoC instances and those people are misremembering who say they do. The traps (and thus the nameds) also do not spawn in PoEarth(a) AoC instances.

Nameds definitely spawn in PoWater and PoAir so it would be weird if this was purposefully done to only half the elemental plane zones. Especially considering all the other lower-tier Planes of Power AoC zones can spawn nameds.
  14. Trebla7th Augur

Added KT to initial list after talking to many people in game.
  15. Soulbanshee Augur

AoC are meant for spawning raid targets. The rest of the zone is culled except for what is necessary to give the raid experience. If a zone happens to have named in it then its a bonus, but it's not a private hunting instance, it's reasonable that many will have the named/PH removed and isn't a bug.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Trebla7th Augur

While I agree this might be the case, given the propensity for hunter mobs to spawn when DZs are created, it seems entirely possible that it is a bug and these zones were overlooked. I haven't counted all the DZs, but these appear to be the only 4 out of all of them where the named don't spawn.