Test Update 9/8/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 8, 2021.

1. EQ Dev Developer

September 8, 2021

*** Highlights ***

- Agents of Change are now available for all-access members on all servers.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Bloogy Shellcracker will no longer accept Water Dragon Meat. However, his brother Roogy Shellcracker will be able to help you with that.
    - NPCs that have an active loot lock will now only accept trades from players that belong to the credited party.
    - Cikdew has found her voice and will be looking for assistance during the Nights of the Dead.
    - Arlien Browch has been seen hauling a large shipment of pumpkins. She should reach the Commonlands Tunnel just in time for the Nights of the Dead.

*** Spells ***

- Fixed an issue where Steadfast Servants would refuse to cast Servant's Haste on players who have unlocked any ranks of the Item: Hidden Power / Ancestral Memories AA ability line.
    - Dark Rites charges are no longer consumed when memorizing spells.
    - Updated the confirmation popup box for translocate spells to not disappear if you enter combat.
    - - Updated the confirmation popup box for translocate spells to last for 2 minutes.
    - - Updated translocate spells to land on targets that are in combat. (The caster still cannot be in combat. )
    - Corrected an issue where the Gambit line of Wizard spells could cause the Wizard to damage themselves with an offensive proc.

*** AA ***

- Corrected an issue with the AA ability Companion's Discipline that granted the ability to use the /pet qswarm command at the wrong rank.
    - - Corrected an issue where pet command hotkeys would issue the wrong command. Hotkeys for target, swarm, qswarm, resume, and swleave will need to be re-made.
    - Corrected an issue where the damage bonuses to Archery and Throwing from Weapon Mastery of the Scout and Weapon Mastery of the Juggernaut were giving only a small percentage of the intended bonus. They should now give roughly the same damage bonus seen for melee weapons.

*** NPCs ***

- Venril Sathir is no longer susceptible to mesmerization spells.
    - The Seeds of Destruction Hunter achievements now have appropriate completion rewards:
    - - The Voidslayer achievement now grants a 28 slot bag and the titles "Voidslayer" and "the Voidslayer"
    - - The Expert Hunter achievement now grants a 26 slot bag
    - - The Veteran Hunter achievement now grants a 24 slot bag
    - - The Adapt Hunter achievement now grants a 22 slot bag
    - - The Novice Hunter achievement now grants a 20 slot bag
    - Added missing hunter targets to their respective achievements:
    - - Gates of Discord: Hunter of Riwi: Pixxt Hihkx
    - - Gates of Discord: Hunter of Riwi: Pixxt Kihkx
    - - Gates of Discord: Hunter of Kod'Taz: Enslaved Vrex Zealot
    - - Omens of War: Nobles' Causeway: Stone Thrower

*** Overseer ***

- Made a speculative fix to missing Overseer quests.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Fixed an issue with the loot on some prominent Velious raid targets that prevented proper randomization on Mischief and Thornblade.
    - Reduced the respawn time of Gloradin Coldheart by some amount.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue where NPCs would drop you from their hatelist if you were too far away under the wrong conditions.
    - Login timeout errors no longer display the wrong error message, such as "String not found."
    - Added a chat message when receiving a translocate.
    - - The dialog box from the kickplayers command will no longer invalidate other dialog boxes, like those from translocate spells.
    - - Translocate spells can now be cast on yourself.

*** UI ***

- Corrected a spelling error when a player is too low level to give PVP points.
    - Corrected an issue where heal over time spells would display negative values on NPCs.
    - Fixed an issue where the reuse time on activated items would sometimes fail to display correctly.

- Changed -
    EQUI_Inventory.xml
    EQUI_KeyRingWnd.xml
    EQUI_LootWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team
    Skuz, Dre., kizant and 1 other person like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you for agents of change!

X
    Laurana, Ozon, Tygart and 3 others like this.
  3. Stymie Pendragon

That is the main takeaway! About time guys, and we'll done!
    Laurana, Gyurika Godofwar and Dre. like this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So ... I can confirm that the TL boxes last 2 minutes now. And I guess that the other changes are good.

But still a 20 second cast time on Teleport to Guild Hall Anchor? For a spell that cannot be started in combat.

Doesn't anyone on the team play a wizard or druid anymore? (I think I know the answer to that...)
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Does the TL landing on a player in combat still put you in combat?
  6. Rainlover Augur

I did not read past this yet, but
    THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK-YOU X1,000,000 THANK YOU MORE.
    Laurana, Tygart, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So ... more testing ...

Self TLs now work on caster, targetted and AEs.

If you TL someone in combat (either a targetted spell or an ae), you will pick up the combat timer. But it looks like as long as the tl window is ON you, it will still work even if you enter combat while the window is up. Only the ae TL caster picks up combat ... other people who also get the ae TL do not shift into combat (as expected).

Also tested ... a TL within the same zone is just an instant port (no zoning) so no aggro clear (probably already knew this ... just adding in case someone was curious).
  8. Dre. Altoholic

I'm a little worried about the precedent of the loot lock trade restrictions but the Agents of Change on Live is the best win on a patch in EQ history I think.
    Skuz and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Elskidor Augur

AoC on live is better than all the "perks" that cost money.
    Laurana, Tygart, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  10. Metanis Bad Company

Very disappointed there is nothing more about fixing CoV raid lag on Luclin (and probably other Live servers!)
  11. kizant Augur

[IMG]
    Laurana, Beimeith, RPoo and 3 others like this.
  12. zleski Augur

Wooohoo!!!
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not seeing any difference with the loot or Keyring windows, whats changed?

Hate the new inventory window, can we set fire to the upgrade your character button please?

Level 115 with all the perks that come with going heroic! That button needs to go on chars that gain nothing from the upgrade, or at the least it needs to be greyed out.
    Fanra likes this.
  14. Riou EQResource

Keyring wasn't changed

Loot window adds the new slot 34 to it
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You just lost me what 34 slot?

So EQUI_KeyRingWnd.xml needs to be removed from the notes?
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I could not have said it better

[IMG]

:D:D:D
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Tygart Lorekeeper

I haven't been able to play all summer due to RL stuff, however the AoC on live servers is one of the best implements ever. Thank you.
  18. Riou EQResource

I think the loot window matches an npc's inventory slots which matches a players inventory, so we get 1 slot (if you pay) and npc's get 1 slot

Key Ring, idk why it is listed unless it didn't make it in time for Test, the file hasn't been modified in like 2.5 years, maybe it is gonna be another expansion feature Ring people have been asking for :p
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

/OUTPUTFILE INVENTORY
    lists the new slot as
    General 11 Empty

When this goes live, if you haven't paid for the slot will it still be reported as 'Empty' in the Character_server-Inventory.txt?

If so, could we get a more meaningful listing like 'Locked' in the case where you are not paid up for it?
  20. elstar New Member

I parsed a 65 ranger that was test copied from aradune with three ranks of Weapon mastery of the scout and saw no difference in archery dps whatsoever