Agent of Change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

How exactly does an Agent of Change work (for those of us that have only heard praises sung about this NPC)?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

It spawns a private instance of the specific raid zone with all raid NPCs up. The lockout is all your characters on that server. You need 6 bodies in a group to pull a zone (5 offlines work). Lockout timer is 6.5 days if you kill stuff, 3 days if you zone in and immediatley drop it. Some AoC instances are setup to never allow rare mobs to spawn as well.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Up to what expansion are AoC available for? I would guess until around oow/god?
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Fenthen likes this.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Mr. Bobby...

...why would someone create an instance, zone in, and immediately drop it? Are they trying for base pop rare spawns?
  6. Riou EQResource

Classic to and including PoP + GoD

You could do this, though killing the rares gave the long lockouts iirc, if you weren't raiding you could guarantee kill rares in mischief/thornblade this way
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Definitely that ;)
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

So ... looking through the list ... was curious not to see Qvic on the list for AoC zones with Cynosure and Iqthinxa being open world contested and one of the three sources for Chaos Runes.

Anyone know the reason why no Qvic?
  9. FranktheBank Augur

Qvic has an AoC.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Also Prophecy of Ro has Agents of Change for Relic and Theater of Blood.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've never played on a TLP, so I have no experience with the AoC.

I'm assuming that the PoP Agents would make doing PoP progression for the Artisan's Prize much quicker, yes?
    Skuz, minimind and Yinla like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, that is one of the things that it will allow for.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty much, if there is an agent of change for a zone you can go there and kill the raid named without worrying about it being camped all the time.

I've had a mage in VT for the last 2 years trying to get the IVU earring, the times I've managed to kill her she has only dropped it once and I could use a couple more for friends and alts. Now I can guarentee I can kill her once a week without having to try and beat others to her spawn.

The same goes for POP progression, if you have the time you could hit all the raids in 1 day.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

In regard to this, it takes 6 characters to request, but can you add people into the instance afterwards, or do they have to be added to the group/raid before requesting?
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

You can DZ add people.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

A few more things about AoC zones in case it wasn't clear:
    • Regular named can and will spawn in the DZ. I spawned an OG Velk's instance on TLP and it had like 5 named up.
    • The zone in location can vary a lot.
      • Velk's is the regular zone in.
      • Hate is the port in spot.
      • Kedge Keep is right outside Phinny's lair
      • SolB is at the fire giant area
    • In some cases the zone out is weird. Take old Velk's, for example. They AoC is by Thurgadin but when you zone out (either by hitting the zone line or telling the AoC you want to leave) you are dumped outside of the static Velk's zone. If you want to reenter the DZ you have to run all the way back to the AoC. I don't know of many like this.
    • At one point they were going to dramatically nerf XP in DZs. Does anyone know if they ever did that?
    Edit:
    • Trash generally doesn't respawn in AoC zones or has limited trash pop to start with (thanks Febb).
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

Not really, no.
    Accipiter likes this.
  18. Febb Augur

I think they removed trash from certain raid AoC instances to keep people from using them as private exp zones.
    Accipiter likes this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Awesome.

I did the AP on two toons, but really didn't want to go through the "waiting for the mob to pop" shennanigans on toon #3. Knowing that I can now knock that crap out easy peasy makes this task much more appealing.
    Winnowyl, Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Are there still level restrictions with the AOC like for Vox and Nagafen? I've wanted to go back and kill them with my current characters just for achievements sake and to be able to say I did but aside from using the shroud system to be low enough level I don't know of another way to do so for the original versions.

I would assume the shrouds are fairly weak at that level as well?