QoL -> Buff Window

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Valdest, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Valdest Journeyman

If this can be done, I don't know how to do it.

It would be nice to move buffs around into different slots, aka move up/down and move front/end. It just makes it easier to get dummy buffs leading ranking, which would be nice to have.
    Stymie, Thunderkiks and Warpeace like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

It would be nice to assign buffs to slots so you can easily see what you need.
    Stymie and Svann2 like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think they have something against symmetry in the game - look at what they did to the spell book. Finally they added extra pages which was great for those of us who like to put each spell level on the corresponding page number ( ie spell for level 110 goes on page 110) and then turned around and made it so you could not mem the spell where you wanted it but it just mems to the first open slot.

I got around that by leaving one spot open on page one so I know where the new spell goes and can then move it to the proper page.

So just like that on the buff window. Hold down right mouse, move to where you want it and let go or click again.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The logistics of postioning per character and per machine with resizable - reshapable windows I think would make this impossible. There would have to be a standardized set of positions for each buff type, which would be less freedom to resize / relocate / change shape layout of the Effects Window
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Try transferring a character to another server- Spell book all lined up, spells by level by page, ports all along the bottom row. /servertransfer and... all spells jammed together in haphazard groupings on paged 1-24, a gap of 15 pages, then the rest of the spells, also randomly globbed together.

AND NO /sortspells command.

@ EQ Devs

The page number corresponing to spell levels and pages added by level increase expansion implies what?

We had to move all spells to pages 105-115, the move them back correctly. About an hour and change per character.

Default should be by level and page for transfers / right click scroll memming.
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

If you're not willing to stop a 54 man raid to redo buffs because one is out of order, you don't deserve this functionality.

In all seriousness, what you are asking for does not currently exist in a standard UI piece in Everquest. The closest would seem to be the current spell book, where there are specific slots and you can switch two places by key and mouse. The other issue is that the buff window is probably the most modified across all the player made UIs. Who knows what could/would happen to those with the extensive modifications you are asking for?

If a developer chimes in and says ... yeah, we can do that in a few days ... go for it. But this sounds like the type of project that would mean losing a zone in a new expansion ... that kind of time. For no real additional play value, this seems like it could be a super high price to pay.
    Yinla and Ozon like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would love the ability to open new buff windows, like we do with chat windows, and have the ability to assign specific buffs to specific windows.

You could have a buff window that only has your self buffs.
    One that has the "I MUST HAVE THESE!" buffs, like haste and voice.
    One that is just for junk buffs.

Mobs that debuff would would target buff window 1, slot 1 and so on.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

All this having been said, I wondered:

How hard would it be to have a right click on buff icon in effects window context menu option- Always put this buff type here?

I also use audio triggers for worn off situationally because I want to watch the mobs and not the effects window. (You feel yourself beginning to appear) etc. will >tink< so I know it's fading.
  9. zleski Augur

This would make life so much easier, but I expect it would be a nightmare to implement because of how dispel-type effects work and working out what happens to buff slots when a locked buff isn't active and I get some other buff.

Not that being hard is reason not to do it, but the dispel thing certainly has gameplay consequences cos I'd love to lock buffs to the slots which are dispelled when that mechanic is in play.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

The context menu on the spell bar means never having to organize my spell book again. :)
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

There are already slots in the buff window. You just don't see them. I'm not saying it would be easy to implement but I'd bet more than half the internal functionality they need is already there. Most of the work would be in implementing the editor. I don't see them spending money on something like that but you never know.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I utilize that also. But at times I prefer to open the spell book to a certain level for whatever reasons. I am old school.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

You have seen the thing they spend time and money on right? LOL!!!
  14. Froglok Augur

I don't think this will happen.

Generally, MOB DoT's / Dispels can target and remove / replace certain buffs, but they can also remove / replace buffs in certain slots on your buff bar.

So there is a strategy to buffing (sequence). Put the ones you can cast / click back on yourself in the lower slots, and then get Buffs you need from other Players. I like to use the Shadow buffs for as many slots as possible (like the 1st 5 to 7) and then drop in the real buffs.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Point.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.