So this is a thing now....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Senlronia, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It's P2W, but the whole EQ business model is built on P2W.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It really isn't any more pay to win then what is already in the game.
    Stymie, Ozon and Yinla like this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

I try not to be overly hyperbolic, but this sort of thing makes me hear the death knell ringing.
    MasterMagnus and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I really isn't any more pay to win than things already there.

It's just another straw. Who wants to chuck it on the camel this time?
  5. Tucoh Augur

If you weren't "winning" before you got a 5% bonus to your XP, you won't be "winning" after.
  6. Evertrek Augur

the new perks should be added at no charge to the existing subscription. that is basically a 30% sub increase.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Windance Augur

A "perk" is something extra you get - as part of an incentive for doing something.

It is not a "perk" when you pay for it.
  8. Froglok Augur

100% they should rotate every month (maybe with each patch). They should also rotate in / out season items during the seasons that apply.
  9. Froglok Augur

Gadget Pack sounds like a combo item (multiple items in one). I think they should generally avoid "Packs" and stick with individual items in a 2-week rotation. And if they offer packs, the individual items should also be available as a stand alone purchase (rather than forcing Players to buy multiple items when they only want one of the items). After all, more people will buy a cheaper single item than will buy a more costly bundle / pack just to get that one item.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

/pərk/
    [IMG]Learn to pronounce
    noun
    informal
    noun: perk; plural noun: perks
    1. money, goods, or other benefit to which one is entitled as an employee or as a shareholder of a company.
      "many agencies are helping to keep personnel at their jobs by providing perks"
      • an advantage or benefit following from a job or situation.
        "they were busy discovering the perks of town life"
    A perk as a noun always meant something that came with the entitlement of a position, like the benefits that weren't directly part of a contract, like getting laid is a perk of fame. If they're paying for it it's not a perk, it's prostitution.
    Fenthen, Kalvenie, Windance and 2 others like this.
  11. kizant Augur

You guys must have a weird definition of "winning".
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The trick is, take a 2 word phrase, delete 1 word and challenge it's ambiguity to pretend the phrase is wrong.

It isn't

Pay to win is pay to win is pay to win. Shill all you want, but the definition remains.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

real money to tangible benefits other than cosmetics.

is

pay to win

by definition.
    Fenthen and MelediWeaver like this.
  15. GoneFission Augur

The 300+ skillup boost would be a summoned TS advisor to tell you there were items in your inventory that could be used for recipes you haven’t learned yet.
  16. Derd Augur

Goodness, I hope none of these doomsayers purchases from Amazon. Employees paid like peons while the owner flies to space while his 500 million dollar yacht is being built.
  17. Febb Augur

Capitalism at its finest. A business needs money to grow. Hopefully they use it to reinvest back into EQ.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is just expanding the pay to win options that are already in the game.
  19. demi Augur

lol .. you must be a comedian in R/L
    Stymie and MasterMagnus like this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

which is still not good.

I wish the conversations I had on this forum and in DMs with devs back when they - without say anything - nerfed opening XP on Phinigel to sell XP pots.

More pay to win isn't better. It's just more pay to win.

Sitting under the outhouse and saying, well, you may as well finish isn't better than it stopping.