Deepwater Ink and Nodding Blue Lily

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by aindriuc, Sep 9, 2021.

1. aindriuc Elder

Hi everyone,

I have a 65 beastlord, and want to farm ingredients for alchemy on Ardaune. I noticed there are a lot of Deepwater Ink and Nodding Blue Lily for sale on the auction house.

I noticed Nodding Blue Lily in particular, one guy has 900 of them for 45 plat each. I tried going into Old Sebilis to farm the lilies but none of the froglok at the entrance dropped them. I had to origin out when I got mass agro. Same happened in Kedge Keep when I went to farm the mermaids. They kept healing each other and I couldn't get any.

I was wondering how people actually farm these reagents for alchemy?

It's probably that I suck at playing my beastlord though, but just wondering how some dude could get 900 lillies and when i tried farming them in OS, I killed about 10 of them at entrance, and none dropped.

Decided to write a forum post, to see if anyone knows of any tricks to get these reagents in mass.

Thanks
  2. SunDrake Augur

Nodding Blue Lily can also be Foraged in the Dreadlands, if you are looking for a non-combat alternative.
  3. Machen New Member

Nodding Blue Lilly can be foraged in dreadlands.

Deepwater Ink is farmed by bot crews in Siren's Grotto 24/7.
  4. aindriuc Elder

Thanks for the info. Foraging takes 90 seconds to refresh does it? And then you aren't guarenteed a blue lily, so I am not sure how you can get them. Unless you have a bot army mass foraging, which is probably how this dude got all of them?
  5. Numiko Augur

Deepwater Ink also drops in kedge keep which is usually a lot less farmed
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

The seahorses drop them too and while they also heal each other they are easier to split away than the mermaids imo.
    Herf likes this.
  7. Numiko Augur

oh sorry missed the part where you tried there, but do not understand why you cant solo those two zones, at 65 you should be able to tag and solo pull just about any mob there. even if you get a few you and your pet should be able to mow them down without taking to much damage.
  8. Lemerian Elder

If you can't kill level 39-46 mermaids as a 65 beastlord, you really need to improve your gear or gameplay. They only use weak healing spells and at that level you shouldn't be getting a ton of them on a single pull.
  9. SunDrake Augur

I'd also point out, if you are unaware, that one Ink or Lily makes 5 potions.

You are correct that having 1k of either of them requires a significant investment of time / resources. You won't casually farm up that many in a matter of hours.
  10. Moranis Augur

As others have mentioned, deepwater inks are farmed with bots in Siren's Grotto and no one seems to do anything about it...you can go into that zone and notice about 6-10 picks up (on any TLP server) and there's exactly the same like 10-12 chars in the zone.

Nodding Blue Lilies are generally farmed in Seb from AoE groups or bot groups sitting in various camps. If you want to forage them from DL, grab a bunch of L1 iksar or wood elves, port them to DL spire, hide them on a hill, and run an AHK script that auto-forages and auto-inventorys overnight. If you want to be a bit more hardcore, make those characters rangers, level them to 3 and then go to DL...then they can get forage up to 200 instead of the racial 50.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  11. Xhartor Augur

Nodding Blue Lily are also pretty common in the Rat Caves in Crypt of Decay too.

Deepwater ink is super common if you hit Plane of Water. While you are there you can also make a bunch of plat by farming stuff for Primordial Driftwood Compound Bow, which tribute for 50k each (Personal tribute goes active with GoD).