So this is a thing now....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Senlronia, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Axel Furry Hats OP

1 nugget = 3 krono = 552 coin
    1 krono = 184 coins = 1/3rd nugget
    4 more coins per raid would take 46 total raids to get 1 krono, so 5 weeks of raiding + 1 extra raid.
    So like 3 months of clearing all 9 raid events per week to get 1 extra nugget, assuming that nugget value doesn't decrease.

So you'll get at most 1 extra krono per month unless you're raiding on multiple toons on the same account, but if you're already doing that then you're already getting enough krono per month that this perk isn't worth the extra $3/month, chances are the only time the credit card is pulled out for these players is during expansion launch time. It's genuinely laughable. Most raid guilds on the server aren't clearing all 9 events per week at this point (summer, low #s, everybody is full BIS anyways, more beneficial to get old achievements) so good luck making up the kronos and getting players to pull out their credit card when they're playing for free.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Fenthen and Skrab like this.
  2. Chuvia New Member

You are assuming the raid coins going to be the same in the next expansion. What stop them to reduce the coins by 10%?
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Quality post, thank you. I thought it was common knowledge some guilds on FV can’t raid certain days or tier launches because too many members have their mains in higher priority guilds.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

WTB undead moon kitties expansion tickets with Krono. That way I don't even need to pull out the black card for this fooking game.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Xilbuster Journeyman

I would do the first perk if it was 50% exp boost . 5% should just be built into the sub we already have i mean come on. heck I'd pay $5 a month just for that alone.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

It doesn't say that. It says you won't lose a level when you die.

If you have this, you won't bother getting a buffer in 115. Straight AAs until you are done, then start working on max 115.
    Gyurika Godofwar, code-zero and Yinla like this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Any time they add an experience boost it means they have to increase the experience needed to level / gain AAs to compensate.

So, this isn't really a 5% experience boost and 10% mercenary experience boost for people who pay extra. It's a negative 5% experience nerf and 10% negative mercenary experience nerf for those who don't pay extra.

Going forward for future content, that is. Assuming they don't change present and past content experience needed.
    Skuz, Xanathol, Moege and 5 others like this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Ugh.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

And I predict it will give a nice bump to DPG's bottom line. The prices are cheap enough that most folks can afford them and they offer a real advantage to the player and the vendor. Classic win-win.

And I still won't buy them.
    Zynt, code-zero, Stymie and 2 others like this.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The 12 slot trader bags is kinda crummy. It isn't like an increase to experience or currency gains, it's just a quality of life addition. That shouldn't cost anything.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

We shouldn't be stuck with 2002-era 10-slot bags. Barter works with any bag, why won't trader?

Oh wait, now it's a cash grab. P2W.
    cadres and Nennius like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Perks 2.0 ?
  13. demi Augur

Exactly this .. Fanra hit the nail on the head.. it will not be a boost they will go back and change current content and nerf XP for players and mercs by 5% and any future expansions will also have the xp nerf...

Just like they do with the current expansions experience when a new expansion is released they nerf experience to force people into the new expansion .. same principle will apply to these bonuses.. they wont get my money ..

the only one that has a benefit would be the trader bonus plus the extra inventory slot and % to TS combines .. and as Nennius said those should be free with the expansion .. at least the inventory slot should be..

However this could be a glimpse into a feature in the upcoming new expansion we might see an additional inventory slot cause why add an odd ball slot of 11 when 12 makes more sense .. so im guessing 1 will be avail with the new expansion and the other with the bonus perk
  14. Cicelee Augur

I am going to get there with or without these "perks".

I will still be max level, max AA, and max gear. I don't need to pay for extra just to shave a few weeks. I will be fine. And I am sure most people will get there without the perks too
  15. Marton Augur

Back then, loyal players could obtain Veteran Rewards ... now we get Perks ...

Makes me sad.
    Elyssanda and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Nope. It's diluting the brand.

What keeps people playing EQ? It's all psychological, there is not physical reason (except for gold farmers) to play. We don't make money playing EQ. It doesn't improve our physical health (it actually hurts it to sit for hours in front of a keyboard and monitor).

So, understanding why people play is important. If someone else pays to win, it means the psychological pleasure for those who don't pay to win is lessened. Of course, the amount for something like this is small. But it all adds up.

Just like when you get a 1% bonus to your dps or healing or AC, it's only a small amount. But then you get another 1% from something else, and so on. They add up.

This is a relationship. Between Darkpaw and the players. Like a relationship between two people where every time one of them cheats, or goes out drinking with their buddies, or calls you fat, or whatever, all adds up. Sooner or later you might just look at them and say, "Why am I still with this person?"

With EQ, it's like you have great sex but the bad things are starting to add up. They keep spending your money, they ignore your requests, etc.

Then there's that other man/woman you see every day who wants you to leave your partner and be with them...
    Kalvenie, Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Hardly.
    Stymie likes this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

When they introduced the Luck stat i thought they were going to increase its impact and plat cost to level in order to sink all the plat in the game while creating a revenue generating feature. Then they balanced the luck stat to be fairly lackluster and now I imagine they aren't getting much revenue from it.

When they introduced Overseer I thought they would make it a mobile app that would heavily leverage the p2w culture of mobile gaming to generate revenue. But then they didn't port it to mobile and the gains from paying extra are modest, so they probably aren't getting much revenue from it.

Now they are introducing some goofy p2w bonus subscription that is just going to annoy the community more than it's worth. If they offered that stuff for free I'd shrug my shoulders at it. As it stands now I'd probably pay $1 extra for all three bonuses.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  19. demi Augur

veteran rewards were free as long as you put in the time played .. well before F2P you had to pay for a membership , but otherwise it was ..

The perks you have to pay for on top of a membership ..
  20. bobbin Elder

I'd pay $4.99 extra a month of a NO LAG perk
    Zynt, Elyssanda, Windance and 6 others like this.