New EverQuest Perks

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accendo Guest

Your adventures on Norrath are about to get even better!

[IMG]

The Nameless created these Perks during the time of the Dragons and we just found them! (We've been busy... really, really busy!)The Darkpaw clan is proud to present you with these long-lost Perks giving you the ability to make the most of your time in the realms of Norrath. We expect the caravan to arrive near the end of September.

Pick, choose, and stack any combination of these unique Perks to accompany your All Access Membership, and start your enhanced escapades today!

• Adventurer's Perk – Become a mighty adventurer in the world of Norrath
    • Gain a 5% experience bonus that multiplies with other experience bonuses you earn.
    • Rake in 10% more coin from your kills.
    • Earn 10% more alternate currency from modern raids.
    • Challenger's Perk – Challenge the world of Norrath
    • Loyalty vendors, such as Alerynril the Loyal, will provide a 10% discount on loyalty items.
    • Your mercenaries will gain experience 10% more quickly.
    • You won't lose a level when your character falls in battle.
    • Merchant's Perk – Become one of the greatest merchants of Norrath
    • Grants access to twelve-slot trader’s satchels.
    • Enables two additional slots in your inventory.
    • Adds a 10% chance bonus* to gain skill points in crafting skills.
    *Chance bonus is multiplied by your base skill-up chance and is additive with any other chance bonuses. Chance bonus capped at 100%. If there are other chance bonuses in effect, this will only increase to a maximum of 100%.

Activate 1 Perk for $2.99/mo, 2 Perks for $3.99/mo, or all 3 Perks for $4.99/mo

They're not available yet, but when they are, go to https://www.everquest.com/membership to activate them!

Andarriel and code-zero like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Disappointing. Is this a mobile game now?

Also, which perk gets me better server performance?
  3. strongbus Augur

question how is this done if we have payed for a year already.
    Jordis and Herf like this.
  4. Gialana Augur

"You won't lose a level when your character falls in battle."

Does this mean you don't lose experience when you die, or does it mean you can only get down to 0% of a level (before rezzing)? Or does it mean something else?
  5. theonepercent Augur

Where's the dislike button?
    Xanadas, Axxius, Sara Connor and 23 others like this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Can I use krono for this?
    Sara Connor and Peter_The_great like this.
  7. Gruco Apprentice

This is how you show that you don't appreciate paying customers to entice more people. Sweeten the normal monthly sub with perks. Don't build a new monthly sub system.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

By paying money for the perks you want to buy.
    Lineater likes this.
  9. Riou EQResource

Reads as you can't de-ding
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I can tolerate monetization through cosmetic loot crates.

I am not fond of monetization through in-game power bonuses. (I can understand a 10% membership experience bonus but nothing beyond that).
    Axxius, Sara Connor, Jein-ko and 10 others like this.
  11. Aldryn Another New Member

So, like, whatever to everything except the following: "Enables an additional slot in your inventory."

That NEEDS to be two slots. My OCD can't handle one slot just hanging out there on its own. It's just not right. I'm tweaking just thinking about it. Hold me.

[IMG]
  12. Tolzol Augur

I got you babe <3
    Astral64 and Aldren like this.
  13. Summinsmethings Journeyman

I already spend enough on a 22 year old game. The fact that we are paying subscribers should get us these perks without an extra fee. You want to push people away keep doing crap like this
  14. taliefer Augur

neat. any ETA on when they go live?

also, that one extra inventory slot is gonna drive me nuts too, odd choice!
    PCSS likes this.
  15. Sancus Augur

Conceptually, paying to gain raid currency at an accelerated rate makes me uncomfortable. I don't think paying money beyond the standard sub should accelerate end game progression. In fairness, XP potions kind of already do that, though non-evo XP is fairly trivial to acquire at end game.

That said, sub prices haven't increased in a long time, so I can appreciate trying to add some perks to soften the blow vs a flat price increase. These certainly could be a lot more pay-to-win than they are.
    PCSS, Winnowyl, RPoo and 7 others like this.
  16. Aztore New Member

from someone who has played EQ since the beginning I have to say this is a terrible sales tactic. It will only go down hill from here GL.
  17. Coagagin Guild house cat

Marketing failure in the making.
    PCSS, Xanadas, Sara Connor and 12 others like this.
  18. Finchy Augur

is this the official start of going full pay 2 win? Is it finally time to walk away from this game after 22 years? I thought destroying the way taunt worked was the worst decision made in 15 years, but someone said "hold my beer" apparently...this is very disheartening for the game.
    PCSS, Sara Connor, Enoch and 9 others like this.
  19. Marton Augur

I would like to buy a giant DISLIKE button.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

"Checks calendar"

About 5 months and a week too late.

What gives?
    Skuz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.