Kinda funky loot in here you guys.....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tharvog, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Tharvog Elder

Yeli loot is predictably dropping on most tier 1 targets. We dont even have to ask at this point, its just expected. Its pretty demoralizing for the community to work your tail off in a non zerg guild for AoW and get Yeli loot. Kill Tunare for the first time and getting yeli loot. Killing yeli and getting just yeli loot.. Killed Cazic, YELI LOOT. At this rate its incredibly rare, to NOT get something from yeli on every tier 1 kill. Considering how easy Yeli is why is this boss tier 1 anyways?

So Tier 1 is kinda messed up with Yeli... but we also have tier 2 flooded with ST loot.
    ...i knew when they announced this i would hate it. Imagine killing lady nev and getting a couple primals that you could have just gnome farmed for.....45min fight and we got primals. Eh whatever, its rng right? Ever other boss in the zone dropped ST loot primarily for us on two different clears.

We killed vindi in our kael dz and just his head dropped...that was kinda weird but we were like ehh normally he only drops 1 item anyways so we cant really get to upset here. Still kinda messed up though...

Feeling kinda lame atm.. Its expected at this point that when we kill a boss we are getting ST loot or Yeli loot. Does not feel rng...but maybe we just are the rare deformed unicorn...Feeling a bit like a test dummy though. This was not thought out enough imo and i hope that the final couple weeks we have left are better.
  2. Tharvog Elder

I also want to point out that we are enjoying the ruleset a lot. Its just disappointing atm.... when yeli loot drops its not EVER a head/neck either... those are the main items that make him worth being on our list to kill weekly. I hope others chime in and let us know how your experience with these tiers has been.
  3. Kahna Augur

Yeli is bugged. Just gotta suck that up until they patch it. Do make sure you are having a box hold open your SS instance so you can have a chance of the randomized Yeli spawning.

As for the rest. Gotta take the good with the bad. Sure you can work your butt off and get garbage. That is part of the charm. You can also face roll some ST mobs and get amazing loot. If you can’t laugh off getting junk from hard mobs you are not going to be happy with this server. Please don’t try to change it. Many of us came here for the randomness. Warts and all.
    Ozon likes this.
  4. Itsallyeliallthetime New Member

We went from killing inny/cazic and having them explode with loot to where the page was scrolling and you couldn't even see everything they dropped, to things dropping 1-3 items in Velious and those 1-3 items are Yeli. Kill AoW / vindi / tormax / whatever on another server and you get multiple items - here, it's just Yeli, and you don't even get the original bosses loot, just some more lame yeli loot. Can we get some clarification from a dev that this is working as intended? This was supposed to be the crazy loot server but it's just the yeli loot server and getting kind of boring seeing the same yeli loot at that. Totally demoralizing to kill a boss like Tunare only to get the stupid yeli earring for the 20th time.
  5. plowers Journeyman

That's mischief, baby!
    Duder, Tucoh and Ozon like this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Very mischievous. Also this server was flagged as experimental so there are kinks being worked out and you're correct, we're the test subjects. Similar to how Phinny paved the way for all the TLPs to follow the Truebox AoC model and what had AoC and what didn't, and how flagged would work etc, Mischief/Thornblade is paving the way for any future servers with random loot.
  7. plowers Journeyman

I don't think there will be future random loot servers. Free trade however...
  8. theonepercent Augur

Why? With the amount of work they're going to have to do for Mischief/TB to reach live it would be silly to never do another random server with the work already done.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

I agree, I would almost lean that there will be yearly random loot servers, once ironed out it seems to cut down on spawn camps, holding cerain items hostage, etc.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would think that they would get a lot of the problems solved with these severs making it much easier to get things rolling the next time around.
  11. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I am no longer just being polite. Tiers don't exist in everquest. Some clowns on here made them up and a dev who doesn't understand EQ or EQ's history blindly followed along. It ruined the experience. Just gonna have to join a raid guild sell a bunch of loot get my kronos + 10 or 20 of them back and sit on hands.
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Thanks for keeping it real, bro. It's a good thing we have you around to correct the lead designer who has been working on EQ for 15+ years. You're really holding this community together.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Get off your high horse. Thankfully your opinion isn't widely held. Who cares what the groupings are called?
  14. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

You are welcome.
  15. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Seemed more fun when there weren't groupings. Enjoy the dead server in the spring. Also, it is widely held in the game.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I really want to believe that you are serious in thinking that Xyroff was being serious.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

This server was destined to be "dead" in the spring regardless. Happens to every TLP. I put "dead" in quotes because what that means is a matter of opinion but the only way Mischief was going to keep the crown was if they simply didn't release another TLP which every (should) know isn't going to happen.
  18. Elite_raider Augur

Making small buckets/tiers totally ruined the fun of this server, and just turned the server in to a small/narrow server forcing you to kill the same raids like on every other TLP before it.... Also, the fact that most raid mobs on Mischief now drops less loot then they do on other TLP's in most cases is just......

The server has turned in to an FV TLP but with reduced/crappier drops on all raid targets then any other server....

The server has gone from; WOHO every time the loot window popped up after killing a raid target to - Sigh; after every raid target kill......
  19. Triconix Augur

Anyone who doesn't think tiers exist in the game has clearly never played any of the game's expansions since POP.
    Duder, Xyroff-cazic. and Ozon like this.
  20. Gheed Is not reading your response

Seems pretty cool. I like random loot and think this is all very mischievous!
    Arctodus, PewtDog and Siah like this.