Dazed and Confused

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hayzeus, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Stymie Pendragon

Much like playing/recording music, I need a little head change to really enjoy video games. A certain amount is great, but it's pretty easy to cross the line. It's like when I played on a pool league many years ago. I would run the table right up to that sip of beer too many:)
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Fine line between relaxed and hammered!
    Stymie likes this.
  3. Windance Augur

No mind altering drugs here, just lack of sleep ... does that count?

When raiding I try to be 100% focused on what we're doing. Music in the background, GINA in the foreground.

When grouping its music or maybe netflix.
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yeah man, I dig. I'm hearing some music right now...

"Little to win, but nothin' to lose"
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Can confirm. ToFS.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

I prefer music like:

[/quote]
    Sissruukk, MasterMagnus and Skuz like this.
  7. shiftie Augur

WRU Hadce

Drunk playing? Rarely. Drunk posting … now that’s a horse of a different color.
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Coagagin Guild house cat

[/quote]

Love the electronic accordion and has a good beat but can you dance to it?
    MasterMagnus and Skuz like this.
  9. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I've played/raided EQ on many forms of hallucinogenic (as many who've watched my streams can attest to), it's not great on the eyes, but not particularly performance altering for me at any rate. Drinking just makes me tired most of the time.

Usually get pretty "altered" for Scornfire's birthday every year in January. Got super high and requested/ran to and completed an LDoN with my UI hidden 2 years ago, and that was literally one of the funnest things I've ever done in EQ

This past year several of my friends and I did a "Pub Crawl" through Norrath while drinking and bullshi*ting in Discord. Certainly a lot more enjoyable than doing Amalgam Arbiter
    MasterMagnus, Elyssanda and Raccoo like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you can drink to it you WILL eventually dance to it whether you planned to or not.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I live in a state where weed is legal. However, multi-boxing in an altered state feels too much like work. Having to actually focus sort of takes the fun out of it.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

This is true, but we dwarves have such a vast tolerance for ale that we only rarely reach such a state.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  13. Coagagin Guild house cat

Its a very old American Bandstand meme.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Many a crappy little bar band has depended on this fact, and not been disappointed (as far as merely dancing). What happens next is usually quite a mixed bag.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I drink socially, with real live people, out at a gathering, but not at home so much, maybe a rare beer or two. I smoke a bit of "the devil's lettuce" as Mike* would call it.

I've never been a drinking gamer but often been a smoking gamer. Pot doesn't impair me, other than I lose my sense of maps and roads in real life.

Does anyone remember when EQ Forums had a "Nerf'd names" category and they basically glorified all the pot names they kept banning to seem cool while they were still banned names?

They should release all those banned names anymore now that it's mainstream and legal.

* More about "Mike" can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThatChapter/videos
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Aaaand we're off!
    • Fourtwenty
    • Nugg
    • Toker
    • Emjay
    • Whacky Weed
    Meh, wasn't as much fun as I had hoped.
    Stymie, Szilent and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

LMAO
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

In the 70s you may often get weed that smelled like straw or hay (as it would be hidden in bales). I had a friend who's dad called people 'Hay Hounds'.

To this day I have never worked it into a conversation properly, but I love Hay Hounds. Would be a great band name.
    Winnowyl and Accipiter like this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Reminds me of this old classic: