/who to include instances

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Sep 7, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

Should /who include people who are in the zone but doing an instance quest?

Say they are not anonymous, I'd say if they go /anon not show them in instances.

Good way to tell whose in the zone if anyone is doing stuff in that zone and maybe you can join them, promotes being able to find players, not feeling alone, community.
  2. Febb Augur

If they are in an instance, they are not in the zone.
  3. quakedragon Augur

Yep, so it makes people feel alone because many are in an instance. So /who if it showed people in instances it would not feel so lonely.
  4. nitrocutter Journeyman

It would be inaccurate though, so it won't happen.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What comes to mind right off the bat is if someone is on your friends list or if you do /who joe it will show you if they are in an instanced and which one.

Second is the fact that many instances start in one zone but you go to another to do it - like the HA in TBM have you start in Plane of Health but the actual HA instanced is in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life. Or all the LDON's where you are not in SO RO or NO RO but travel to a different zone to enter the instance.

So which would it know to tell you? The base zone you started in or where it sent you and which of the 3 or 4 versions of that instanced did it send them to? And you are not in that particular instanced zone

And if it did differentiate who was in which zone and showed a /who list then what good would that do? Cause many groups are full when they go into the instance and some instances do not allow others to be added. Others do allow it.

I understand what your saying about promoting socials and not feeling alone but another thing to consider is the likelihood of this even helping to get a group. I personally dislike it when unknown players send me random tells asking if they can join my group.

Rather than hunt players down I figure out which zone I want to go to and then ask in general or newplayer chats if anyone would like to join me. Most everyone has alts of various levels and will group up.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Stratos has instances that take you to Stratos, Estanti and Alashanti which zone would you add Estanti and Alashanti to? Their own or where the instance zone in is?
  7. quakedragon Augur

Player shows up in the zone list if they got the instance in that zone.
    Like Bixie Warfront, you get the instance in that zone? You show up in the /who.

This way people can tell whose doing what in that zone. Can I join?
    Community building.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

well then my answer would have to be no, you cannot join. I am halfway thru this instanced and it locked at step 1. Not all instances allow you to add others at any time. But then I would have been creating a group before going into the instance. Try it, it works really well for those who need those zones too.

Proactive community building:D
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty much this, if I'm doing anything in an instance even if the group isn't full there are no TAs. I'm not dropping a guildies alt TA for another char that for as much as I know is someone elses alt.
  10. Moege Augur

No thanks, with OP's change I would zone in do who see a list of 80 names and go find somewhere else to hunt named or something.
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  11. quakedragon Augur

Does not have to be specifically for people itching to bug you if they can get a taskadd. Just to show people are around and doing stuff. Zone aint dead, they're in instances.

Like CotF, that expansion seems dead, never anyone in those zones, but I'm sure a lot of people are doing that content, they just in instances.

Seeing someone in instance from some quest in that zone is better than 1 player in zone 3 players in zone, you your box. Lonely vibe.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I'm confused. /who gives you a list of who's in zone. You might not catch their guild tags but it shows everyone.

What sort of invisible people are you talking about?
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They are talking about people who are not really in the zone but in a different version of a zone with the same name such as in an instance for a task or a pick of the zone.
  14. Febb Augur

I think a better tool for this is for people to use the LFG tool.
    Elyssanda and CatsPaws like this.