General Heroics guide

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Flatchy, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

I been puttering with some classes I really have never played with. If its not to much hassle would someone be willing to make a list of every class and put what you think is the best heroics to shoot for , for that class? If it seems like an odd choice feel free to put your thoughts on the matter.

Seemed like a newbie question so I put it here. Perhaps some others could benefit from this. If there is a page somewhere on this already a link would suffice , I searched but did not see it. Thank you!
  2. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    I'll assume as heroics you mean as what stat to pick for slot 5 augs.

Well, for the priest and caster side (wis and int users), you should pick for more hp or more mana. If you want more mana, go HWis for Priest and Hint for casters. IF you want more hp, just go for Hsta.
    Some enchanters like to pick Hagi for extra mitigation and avoidance on the group content.

The melee you could say the same, if you want to go defensive you can pick from Hsta or Hagi but I don't know anyone that isn't going full nuts on offensive by gearing towards full Hdex.
    Some hybrids, like rng or bst, may pick Hagi over Hdex if they are tanking on the group content.

For tanks, it's more complex since the modern tanking mechanics under the group or raid content vary a little, often leaving Hagi as a useless damage avoidance stat, only giving the mitigation that the implicit agi gives by boosting ac. There are a lot of threads about this topic on the tank forums and I wouldn't dare to give you any conclusion since, apparently, themselves can't reach one. But overall, I think that a raid geared tank is going for hdex for group content. Hsta for raid content. No clue what's best for a group geared tank. I geared mine towards Hsta and it worked well but at the same time I tried to reach the closer softcaps I had for avoidance, so getting little hagi on some slots. Hdex for tanks is good because it's giving dps and avoidance (from parryies and ripostes).

For slot 7-8 augs.
    I just go all nuts on hdex on melee. AC with Hdex/Hagi/hsta for tank. For priest, well, it depends on your playstyle, if you solo a lot on group content hagi and ac is good. Or you can go full nuts on whatever have the highest mana so you can top magelo. As a cleric I just use whatever augs have the highest Heal Ammount, whatever the other stats are. For a caster I would say it's the same; just go for Spell Damage.
    The augs with highest Heal Amount and Spell Damage are usually the best of the current and previous expansion, so they have good overall stats anyhow.
    Skuz and CatsPaws like this.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Some highlights from this https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/gettingstarted/HeroicStats/

Thanks to Almar for making the guide and please be sure to read what is in the link in full because he discusses preferences.

What Heroic Stats Should I Focus on as a Healer?
    Clerics will want to focus on Heroic Agility, Heroic Stamina and Heroic Wisdom
    Shamans will want to focus on Heroic Stamina, Heroic Agility and Heroic Wisdom
    Druids will want to focus on Heroic Stamina, Heroic Agiltiy and Heroic Wisdom

What Heroic Stats Should I Focus on as Melee DPS?
    Rangers will want to focus on Heroic Dexterity, Heroic Stamina and Heroic Agility
    Monks will want to focus on Heroic Dexterity, Heroic Stamina and Heroic Agility
    Rogues will want to focus on Heroic Dexterity, Heroic Stamina and Heroic Agility
    Beastlords will want to focus on Heroic Dexterity, Heroic Stamina and Heroic Agility
    Berserkers will want to focus on Heroic Dexterity, Heroic Stamina and Heroic Agility
    Bards will want to focus on Heroic Dexterity, Heroic Stamina and Heroic Agility

What Heroic Stats Should I Focus on as INT Caster DPS?
    Wizards will want to focus on Heroic Stamina primarily followed by Heroic Intelligence
    Magicians will want to focus on Heroic Stamina primarily followed by Heroic Intelligence
    Enchanters will want to focus on Heroic Stamina primarily followed by Heroic Intelligence
    Necromancers will want to focus on Heroic Stamina primarily followed by Heroic Intelligence

What Heroic Stats Should I Focus on as a Tank?
    Warriors will want to focus on Heroic Agility, Heroic Stamina and Heroic Dexterity
    Shadow Knights will want to focus on Heroic Agility, Heroic Stamina and Heroic Dexterity
    Paladins will want to focus on Heroic Agility, Heroic Stamina and Heroic Dexterity
    Flatchy likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And to actually look up which aug to get for which stat I would use EQ Resouce.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

our guild gives bonus DKP if you have certain type 5s in all slots
    Bard = Sta, Dex, Str
    Beastlord = Sta, Dex, Str
    Berserker = Sta, Dex, Str
    Cleric = Sta, Wis
    Druid = Sta, Wis
    Enchanter = Sta, Agi, Int
    Magician = Sta, Int
    Monk = Sta, Dex, Str
    Necromancer = Sta, Int
    Paladin = Sta, Agi, Dex (note, the 35ac type 5 shield aug is authorized)
    Ranger = Sta, Dex
    Rogue = Sta, Dex, Str
    ShadowKnight = Sta, Agi, Dex (note, the 35ac type 5 shield aug is authorized)
    Shaman = Sta, Wis
    Warrior = Sta, Agi, Dex, Str (note, the 35ac type 5 shield aug is authorized)
    Wizard = Sta, Int
    Flatchy and CrazyLarth like this.