Sk or Pally

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Archanjel, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Szilent Augur

it's fun that this discussion, from a warrior perspective, ends at Cleric-or-Shaman? :p
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Raccoo Augur

Seen at least a couple war-dru combos that worked well also!
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Even as a druid lover, I would be hard pressed to choose druid over shammy for a Warrior. But then, I wouldn't choose Warrior unless I was planning to be a raid tank, and then why would I choose anything but a cleric? But shammy would still still be a better leveling partner I think.
  4. Tucoh Augur

It's definitely more constrained. War+Brd is good for anyone who really wants track and doesn't want to heal. I wouldn't recommend war+cle unless someone frequently grouped with buddies. It'd be miserable slowly grinding away on mobs.
  5. Szilent Augur

war dps weak, dev buff please.
    Chaosflux and Tucoh like this.
  6. Chorus Augur

I think it's more that you've max/min'd yourself so far out of the sweet spot in the group game that you really aren't in touch with it anymore. I had the same issue when I used to max/min, it makes anything else feel like suffering until you realize you're putting yourself at such an extreme edge in the game that logging in becomes a chore.

I've said something similar in the past, and say it again here...You guys that build groups with the purpose of trivializing the game have succeeded, but that has also put you out of touch with the average group experience. Build a non-optimal group and you might be surprised how fun that can be instead of having mage x 5 or serker x3 or whatever the flavor of the year happens to be for you. Currently I'm doing bard/sk/paladin/bst and it's fun, even if it sub-optimal. The Sk/Pal compliment each other extremely well in the group game.
    Ezbro and Elyssanda like this.
  7. Fintank Augur

If you're looking for something more out of the box, a War + Chanter box can tackle quite a lot of content without the need of "actual" healing. Knowing what all the buttons do on both sides can get you quite far in the progression chain utilizing double DPS mercs. Few niche cases will need cleric mercs causing DPS drops but alas it isn't for the weak willed.
    Hellowhatsyourname and Tucoh like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I agreed with you until you brought up bard/sk/pal/bst. That's a really strong 4box team, especially in current content with so many undead.

I think you'd have a lot of fun if you stopped playing with such a strong 4box team that trivializes the content. Maybe try dropping the sk for a monk and swap the pal for a wizard if you really want to experience genuine EverQuest instead of optimizing your way out of an authentic group.
    chungus and Axel like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Fintank over here playing EQ like

10. Axel Furry Hats OP

/agree. sk/pal/bst/brd is extremely optimized. SK & PAL are extremely strong when paired with a bard & beastlord. Basically berserkers that wear plate on crack.
    Elyssanda and chungus like this.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Edit: Bah, I got tricked into necroing a thread. Never mind.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

is a week old thread really a necro Acci?
    Accipiter likes this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

I guess it was more of a poke at the body with a boot.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

I guess having no haste or runspeed is preferable to having haste and best-ever runspeed + double invis + not terrible DPS.
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Uh, shammy and beastlords both have run speed buffs and haste.... not sure what you're smokin.