Drop rate for Trophy of Talendor ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Windance Augur

Are there any requirements beyond just killing Talendor ? ie. do we need to do all the raid achievements as well ?

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=132655

We've now gone 14 or 15 weeks on this and have yet to see it drop.

One person posted that they "had it drop twice in 13 runs" but that was "before the revamp to the heroic chests"

Has anyone been doing VP raids recently and gotten it to drop ?
  2. bobbin Elder

I was told once that a guild on my server raided Talendor every week for a year before it dropped for them.
    Windance likes this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

I cannot speak recently, having only done Talendor when it was current content. Having said that, IIRC the guild I was in during that expansion maybe got 2-3 for the entire year. It is a low drop rate, so an 0 for 13 doesn't sound shocking.

Now if you sacrifice a gnome or an iksar, the RNG may add a few extra rolls for you. Just sayin.
    Nennius and Windance like this.
  4. Windance Augur

It says " Increases the damage done by critical direct damage and damage over time spells by 10% "

Can anyone confirm if the description is correct? Is it a straight up 10% boost on crits ? or is it some 10% thing that ends up being a 0.001% boost ?

Would help determine if we want to keep doing this for another 30-40 weeks ...
  5. Knifen Augur

On povar we have done I believe 4 VP raids over the past 4 weeks and have had 1 trophy drop.
    Toukan and Windance like this.
  6. Sancus Augur

It is not a 10% increase in the total damage of crits, but rather it increases your DD and DoT critical damage modifier by 10 percentage points. This is the effect it adds:

[3139] Critical Damage I
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 3.3h+ (1950 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Critical Nuke Damage by 10% of Base Damage
    2: Increase Critical DoT Damage by 10% of Base Damage

For reference, most caster classes passively have a multiplier of 5.55x on a critical nuke. This trophy would increase that to 5.65x. On a burn, classes can get close to (or exceed) 10x.
    Windance likes this.
  7. Maedhros High King

we got 2 or 3 in the year of farming ROS and haven't had another drop on the few occasions that we go back for the mount.
    Windance and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  8. Duder Augur

Got one a week ago.
    Windance likes this.
  9. Windance Augur

How would that that translate into overall DPS for a caster? ~ 1%?

I'm assuming the casters are nearly 100% critical rate with the adjustment you provided above: 10.0 x vs 10.1%
  10. Windance Augur

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to the drop rate question. Was seriously starting to get worried we were doing something wrong or it had been removed.
  11. Silu Elder

If you assume burn overcrit damage of 820% (in the range for several caster classes when burns and aDPS are going) and a 100% crit rate, you'd get a DPS improvement of 830/820 or 1.2% peak DPS. During normal non-burn phases, a lot of classes have ~410% overcrit damage (counting average luck increase), so 420/410 * crit rate, or maybe 2% DPS? It's around that range.
  12. Sancus Augur

Yes, 1% is a reasonable range.
    Not that it materially changes the answer to this question, but you're missing the base value on a crit. I'm assuming you're talking about DoT critical damage, in which case a class that passively has a 390% SPA 375 modifier will have a multiplier of 4.9x, before luck. Luck adds another 41.5% at 170 (180 is max, but I haven't personally tested 180), for a total of ~5.32x on a lucky crit and ~5.11x on average (50% of crits are lucky).

For reference, nukes have a base 2x multiplier before adding SPA 170, so the 355% modifier for most casting classes becomes 5.55x, passively, or ~5.76x on average with 170 luck.

In either case, the gains will be slightly smaller because not all modifiers on spells crit (more crit for DoTs than for nukes, so the diminishing impact of this is larger for nukes). The exact impact for Mages and Wizards can be calculated here; I found it to range from about 0.8% to 1.2% depending on the variables I entered (so essentially 1%).

Edit: Added luck averages.
  13. Windance Augur

Do you have all the VP and/or RoS raid achievements done ? That was one of the things we were talking about as a possible 'thing' we might be missing.
  14. Maedhros High King

Marquele and I have decided that Sancus is either a math professor at an Ivy League School or maybe an engineer for NASA.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They're definitely not needed. It's just a rare thing to drop.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

That's why he's the F Q king. And still very nice 1.74 likeability.

You are no slouch with a 1.24 either.

I'm down there at 0.687 now.
    Sancus and Maedhros like this.
  17. Maedhros High King

I got a lot of likes in the meme thread, not by mic dropping math bombs on people though.
    Sancus is FQ champ!
    Sancus and MasterMagnus like this.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Am I remembering this correctly? Didn't the Trophy get added to the chest late in farm because Talendor's corpse disappeared? Going by total drops from the year Ring of Scale released isn't a quality unit of measure on drop rate.

Maybe Sancus has a PI equation for us on that! :)
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Maedhros High King

yes that is correct, it poofed instantly nearly every time for months and months. I believe we got 1 trophy from the actual corpse and then 1 or 2 after it was moved to the chest.
  20. Maedhros High King

Side note, WTB guild trophies every expansion for completing the raid ACHs.